3DCoat Forums
    • RealityCapture 1.4 is now available to download from the Epic Games Launcher or via the new Epic Developer Portal with an updated pricing model. WHAT’S NEW Updated pricing model Starting today, RealityCapture is becoming free for students, educators, hobbyists, and companies making under $1 million USD in annual gross revenue. Subscription seats can be purchased for $1,250 per user per year for companies over that threshold. You can also purchase RealityCapture as part of the Unreal Subscription, along with Unreal Engine and Twinmotion, for $1,850 per user per year. You can find more details about the updated pricing model in our blog announcement. RealityCapture 1.4 in the Epic Games Launcher Direct downloads, installations, and updates for RealityCapture 1.4 and subsequent builds are now available through the Epic Games Launcher.
    • Does moving to  got gtk3 means file open dialog for texture will work now? 
    • The freebie finished...took me longer than I wanted but was a good way to test your tips too. https://www.renderhub.com/laticis/li-gorgonmask-2024-for-genesis-8-females
    • Hello, I’m creating an armor piece in 3DCoat to use it in DAZ3D. In 3DCoat, I see no issues with the 3D object. In Daz3D, I see nothing when I stay in static view. However, when I apply a pose, the 3D model of my armor piece seems to explode. So, I decided to use the trial version of “Character Creator Studio” to see what happened, and as you can see in the picture on the right, a lot of artifacts are visible. From 3DCoat to Daz3D, I apply the “decimate Auto UV map export” from the VOXEL Room. Is there a way in 3DCoat to check the conformity of the 3D object before exporting it to Daz3D?   Left picture: 3DCoat Right: Character creator      
    • hello. I tested Reality Capture automation mode. I have installed Reality Capture. but the start menu of 3D-coat doesn't change. "Photos/ Video to 3D" doesn't appear.   next,  I tested Edit menu -> photos to 3D. it can be executed from photo to 3D. it is good.  but it can not use mp4 video.   3D-coat is very useful to modify a photgrammetry data. I expect this new function. Thank you.
    • Oh, and if I delete that layer with the mask...I get the correct appearance. Which means somehow that layer mask is affecting everything even with visibility off.  
    • Regarding the clipping mask function, I'm not sure what I have done but I can't see to turn it off. In the screen shot attached, as far as I can see, I should be seeing a solid red fill on my mesh with no gloss or depth. I've made sure the mask is Disabled and that the others layers had/have [Don't use Clip Mask] Any thoughts when when you have a spare moment would be great, thanks.
    • So far i was doing just free style with the Vox brushes Now i have a shape that i need to: 1. have a plane (or vox plane, im not sure which one to use here) 2. Draw a bezier curve on it with handles (a curve that i can save and reuse) 3. after adjust the curve on the surface, apply it and "vox hide" the shape of that curve.  Like live booleans but with a curve i can take the time to edit before applying  What tools should i use to get that ? Thank you
    • Hello, I have this same issue. What was the fix? I have an XP-PEN 24" and am running Linux Mint 21.3. The pen display works in both Krita and Blender but not in 3DCoat. I too have tried all the pen settings. I have the latest linux drivers from xp-pen. The only difference I see from my old widows computer is that under Tablet Interface here in linux it only says "Default". I don't know if it has anything to do with it. Thankful for some help! Thanks!
    • How to increase the thickness of free from patch and round? (Version 2024.20) I saw a tutorial from 2022 that there was an option in the tools menu to increase thickness, but I don't have it.  
    • Thank you for answer but it is not a solution because on base model its also no happening to me.  My folder is clean my mac is new no need to do that, it make no sense.  Please try to sculpt with :VOX hide, vox sculpt, Vox base, move tool  for 10 min, use the Resample multiple times, eventually it will happen to you.  It is not on the fix bug list between 2024-17 to 2024 - 20, after you manage to recreate this issue please add them to next bug fixes.  Thank you sir
    • Hi folks! In Blender they changed their Add on Structure to extensions .  But this is good, because: This means @Andrew Shpagin can now directly upload the newest applink to the Extensions Website. So maybe that will end the problem with parallel Applink versions, from blender and coat.   ATM The included/downloaded Addon from Blender 4.2beta upwards or 3Dcoat do not work, so: I made Applink work with the new Blender Extensions: ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- coat_applink_extension_for_42beta.zip Blenders folder for Applink is now: C:\Users\*USER*\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\4.2\extensions\blender_org\coat_applink\ <only for testing purposes, but it does work!!> ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ -Export from Blender to Sculpt,Retopo, and Paint working. I have already reported an applink paint bug earlier. The Object sometimes is un-paint-able, although remapping. -"Open in Original App" (to Blender) working. Blender does not respond to "Export To" Button!! would be nice if it does. @ the developers, the main changes are:    io_coat3D import nodes ====> from .import nodes, including all the other imports from io_coat3D group_tree.outputs.new("NodeSocketColor", "Color") ===> group_tree.interface.new_socket(name='Color', in_out='OUTPUT', socket_type='NodeSocketColor') also in tex.py, json adress: json_address = os.path.join(                 os.path.expanduser('~'),                 'AppData',                 'Roaming',                 'Blender Foundation',                 'Blender',                 f"{bpy.app.version[0]}.{bpy.app.version[1]}",                 'extensions',                 'blender_org',                 'coat_applink',                 'data.json' All the Best.
    • Thanks for keeping us updated. It's appreciated. Uncertainty makes relying on a tool for work difficult. I can handle the wait for bug-fixing and new features if I know roughly what's going on behind the scenes. Or, for instance, that things are being worked on but nothing concrete has come out of it yet. If you have us in mind, tell us so from time to time, that's also important so we aren't forced to think otherwise, assuming the possibility that development has actually stopped or stalled for some unknown reason. Tell us, we'll handle it, whatever it is. Thank you, then, for communicating with us, Sergyi. Make it a habit, now!   PS: I can only imagine how difficult it must be to be in your position. Stay strong!