3DCoat Forums

• Advanced Member

Good to hear you're making progress Andrew :) you don't have to rush it out as fast as you can, keep working on it until you're satisfied with the code and the stability/performance and then drop the alpha release on us so we can test it. :)

/ Magnus

• Advanced Member

I just noticed something Mr. Shpagin

I think that the default sphere is too hi detail. I like to use clone and degrade before beginning on a model. What do you guys think? Maybe it should be lower detail by default? I find I like the response of the brushes when I degrade the default sphere in the beginning.

• Advanced Member

I think that the default sphere is too hi detail. I like to use clone and degrade before beginning on a model. What do you guys think? Maybe it should be lower detail by default? I find I like the response of the brushes when I degrade the default sphere in the beginning.

Disagree,I used to increase resolution once before sculpting! :rolleyes:

• Advanced Member

Awesome Andrew. I can't wait to try painting some low poly props and enviro pieces. This should also be really good for bringing in assets that already have their own normal maps and other textures for touch ups or whatever.

This should also be really good for bringing in assets that already have their own normal maps and other textures for touch ups or whatever.

That should be where it will really shine. It's not a fun line of thought, but being able to clean up problem outsourced stuff (quickly and easily) is really important. Going direct to the LP and addressing everything there would be brilliant.

• Advanced Member

I just gotta say, as someone who depends on the mesh extraction tool in zbrush, the copy brush in 3dcoat is so much better! Hadn't been able to use 3dc lately as my pc is out of commission. Finally broke down and installed it on my mac today as well and had a play with that copy goodness. Wow. Just, wow!

If you mean the sphere that appears when opening voxelsculptmode or when clearing the scene - in fact I don't like it at all. In my opinion, a 'clear scene' should be just that: a clear scene. Nothing in it.

Andrew, what is the idea behind the initial sphere? Now that you made the primitives, I don't see any reason for it.

• Advanced Member
If you mean the sphere that appears when opening voxelsculptmode or when clearing the scene - in fact I don't like it at all. In my opinion, a 'clear scene' should be just that: a clear scene. Nothing in it.

Andrew, what is the idea behind the initial sphere? Now that you made the primitives, I don't see any reason for it.

When enter the VS mode, you can use CTRL+Z to cancel the initial sphere.

But I like it,I can start almost anything from it !

• Advanced Member

When using 'clone' in the voxel tree with symmetry enabled it would be nice if the transforms you apply to the clone did not apply to the whole voxel mesh. I tried cloning some fingers from an original, using symmetry and got the following results when I used the transform tool to place them on the right side of the image. The results of the transform on the left side are not desirable. I thought after seeing the symmetry plane reoriented like that I could just reset it but that didn't work. What I'd like to do is have the symmetry plane stay in its original place while I make a transform after cloning. Is there a way to do this other than cloning one side first and then using Symm Copy?

post-885-1236619009_thumb.png

When using 'clone' in the voxel tree with symmetry enabled it would be nice if the transforms you apply to the clone did not apply to the whole voxel mesh. I tried cloning some fingers from an original, using symmetry and got the following results when I used the transform tool to place them on the right side of the image. The results of the transform on the left side are not desirable. I thought after seeing the symmetry plane reoriented like that I could just reset it but that didn't work. What I'd like to do is have the symmetry plane stay in its original place while I make a transform after cloning. Is there a way to do this other than cloning one side first and then using Symm Copy?

post-885-1236619009_thumb.png

You need to create clone of the untransformed space, increase res enough and move fingers there. Then - apply symm copy.

In future I will make symm copy in global space.

• Advanced Member
View -> Options -> Load -> VeryDark.Options.xml :)

Oh I just tweaked the color settings individually to my own tastes. Didn't know there was a preset. Thanks! =]

Thanks for the info Andrew. Good to know.

• Advanced Member

Btw I did a similar thing to your proposed symmetry/copy method Andrew, I created a new empty layer, used the copy brush with symmetry on the first finger, then just used transpose(select object) to manipulate it with symmetry active and it was fine. So long as I didn't use the transform tool all was good. Multiple ways to approach this I guess, which is always nice.

It's gotten so quiet in here! I know I'm supposed to say something like "go on Andrew, take as long as you like." But I can't help but be curious to hear how it's going. Something I learned while beta testing LightWave-- Beta (or alpha) testing is an addiction, you start getting itchy for your next "fix".

• Contributor
It's gotten so quiet in here! I know I'm supposed to say something like "go on Andrew, take as long as you like." But I can't help but be curious to hear how it's going. Something I learned while beta testing LightWave-- Beta (or alpha) testing is an addiction, you start getting itchy for your next "fix".

Hello hello hello hello

There is a bit of an echo in here.

Well you know what they say...there is silence before storm. And that storm will be DP. Well I have been busy learning rigging with blender... that is my excuse. :)

Funny you mention that, I've been spending my time learning IK Booster in LightWave.