3DCoat Forums

• Advanced Member

I found that if I turn symmetry on my brush seems to turn in to 2 brushes very close together whereas when symmetry is off its just one brush??

actually symmetry is on even when I havent turned it on so when I do turn it on it seems to be doubling the brush because I have mirrored uvs on the mesh and thats what us causeing this?

thanks for the update!

post-1189-1236900620_thumb.jpg

good job!

must have been alot of work

direct painting is smooth as butter on mid spec laptop with 4k textures.

i also get crash when i import custom meshes with initial subdivision checked (works if i use "no subdivision", wich is fine for direct painting anyway.)

one strange thing i found out was when i used the fill tool. in uv window it was like 100 times faster than using it in the 3d view. i like to be able to fill UV shells with uniform color or spec for a base layer. i wonder if its possible for an optimization on the 3d viewport fill. right now it takes about 10 seconds just to fill a small part of an object. btw i use fill with no color tolerance on a 4096, 2048 texture.

after a bit more testing it seems that the 3d viewport fill is more complex and fills not only the UV shell i click, but also UV shells that is connected with shared verts. it also seems to give cleaner results with no seams..some time when i fill from the UV editor seams show up.

BTW andrew u rock!!1

• Advanced Member
About crashes and display artifacts - please ensure that

- you are using DX version

- oblect has uv-map (drom.obj has no)

Yes i am using DX version 64-bit one with CUDA. The mesh has UVs. Is anyone else having the ALT+Enter display error, the mesh seems to disappear?

Yes i am using DX version 64-bit one with CUDA. The mesh has UVs. Is anyone else having the ALT+Enter display error, the mesh seems to disappear?

With Alt+Enter it turns into almost the same grey as the background -- if the grid is on you can still see it. That's at home with the trial on Vista64.

At work (XP 32, normal retail one) things were working well (remarkably well for a first draft -- congratulations Andrew :)), but I didn't try the Alt+Enter thing yet.

Assuming I can get my head around the painting tools you've made another sale :)

• Advanced Member

nice addition Andrew!

smoothing groups from OBJ file from 3dsmax don't seem to work in 3dc and i could not figure out a way to make 3dsmax rendered normal map look correct

any other things in this release?

Do you have UAC enabled? Maybe if you Run As Administrator.

Hi Phil,

UAC is disabled and I tried Run As Admin.

I just tried build 60 (which is the last build I downloaded prior to build 62) and that installed fine no probs so for me it is just build 62 causing this issue.

• Contributor

more testing here( no quirks so far,just a one little crash for unknow reasons)

normal map loading works great but the toggling on/off eyeicon doesn't work.

And deleting the normalmap layer doesn't work either.

also Andrew,I have one special request: 8)

In file menu there is option "merge mesh into scene".

I use it a lot because it import the object with same scale as voxsculpt.

Right now, "import for per pixel painting" totally mess original scale of the model.

The model is a lot bigger.

Which make projection of voxsculpt shader very hard to do because scale doesn't match.

Could you please make a "merge mesh into scene for per pixel painting" option

so scale of voxsculpt and imported retopologized lowpoly would be the same.

That would be great for workflow for baking shader on gamemodels.

Especially because Dp is so much faster to do texture work.

Anyway,per pixel paintin is very cool and fun to test!! :)

The DominanceWar is starting today so to every 3DC gameartists...WARRR!!!.

• Advanced Member
That would be great for workflow for baking shader on gamemodels.

Especially because Dp is so much faster to do texture work.

... and also just being able to use the quadrangulate and paint function in the voxel tree popup menu =]. Will be nice when I can just take my voxel sculpts, retopo them and start painting with the new tools. I know this is in the works and just takes some time. Just really excited to see this stuff coming together finally!

• Advanced Member

I installed Alpha 62 over the previous Alphas is this correct?

I started Alpha 62 this morning and tried to load one of my models,I then spent 30 minutes

trying to get my computer to restart,Ctrl + Alt + Del did not work.It is irritating when everyone

says yeah great works well etc because it does'nt for me.

Using the example library models Alpha 62 appears to work as expected with the exception

of the drom.obj (crashes) and the Helmet.obj (invisible) it looks like it doesnt like my obj format

(possibly)I will do further tests on that.

This message box appeared again

post-536-1236932376_thumb.jpg

I installed Alpha 62 over the previous Alphas is this correct?

I started Alpha 62 this morning and tried to load one of my models,I then spent 30 minutes

trying to get my computer to restart,Ctrl + Alt + Del did not work.It is irritating when everyone

says yeah great works well etc because it does'nt for me.

Usually it is ok to install overwrite. What kind of model have you tried to import? is it big? What size of texture have you chosen?

Are you using DX version?

andrew , i have a probleme with simple 62 et dp

my computeur is mac pro 2,7 quad and geforce 7300 gt

i use directx 64 and my driver and directx is ok

when i load (model with UV) head i have a bug saure patern and when i try to piant i have patern square

i try in my home with my other pc (and not mac pro) i have no probleme

Best regard

when i load (model with UV) head i have a bug saure patern and when i try to piant i have patern square

Best regard

Can you launch 3DC, import object, exit and send me log.txt? It seems to be some sort of shader problem.

• Advanced Member
Usually it is ok to install overwrite. What kind of model have you tried to import? is it big? What size of texture have you chosen?

Are you using DX version?

Yes I am using the DX version.

I have the model zipped ready to be sent to you,where should I send it?

Best regard

ok of course

i just try with my other octo mac with radeon 2600xt no probleme

best regard

• Advanced Member

hmm looks tempting to try. however i only get a grey mesh with no shading which cant be painted upon when i import an object for per pixel painting... using DX64 version, tried different meshes with both own UVs or automap. the mesh just has exactly the same color like the background, sounds like the same problem that Sonk has, but it happens always here, not only when i press a key combo.

Makes me feel like a strange fish, when all others have no problems :pardon:

me feel like a strange fish, when all others have no problems :pardon:

Have you read the past two pages? I wouldn't say all others have no problems. If I turn on View low Poly Model my object becomes a solid shade of gray. Although the shade changes as I rotate the model around so from certain angles it is the same shade as the background. In a few cases it was just like your, same color as the background all the time.

• Advanced Member

My experiences with Alpha v62 (I ran the DX version):

- I get strange black squares on the upper and lower right corners of screen, covering the menus. The menus work, but it's impossible to see what you're clicking.

- First impression of pixel painting: AWESOME! :) Very fast indeed, and no problems with duplicate / overlapping UVs! (at least not with the quick tests I made). But as PhilNolan3D said, there are some problems with smoothing groups

- When I tried changing the UV set with the Quick UV tool, the painting I had done previously was not transferred to the new UV set. (I didn't expect it to work quite yet, but gave it a shot anwyay)

- After reapplying new UVs, painting didn't work at all any more, the brush just had no effect. I guess this is just a bug / unimplemented feature thing, related to above

I didn't try it with more than 2 models so far, but it's looking very promising. :)