3DCoat Forums

3D-Coat 3.1 updates thread

• Contributor

I thought I was going crazy. I don't see anything new in the E panel either. Same version.

Just try "draw by closed spline" and you'll see. 8):)

quick instrs:

-leftcklick n' drag on points to move,

-leftclick on spline to add points

-rightclick on points to make straight angles.

• Contributor

Re-uploaded to resolve Jokermax's problem and shader problem.

(only win version for now)

Andrew,shader problem is still there on my side and exactly as I described before.

Can someone try to change the env texture in "complex shader" and confirm if that is just

me who is having this issue?

EDit:Wow! :o I just saw that there is constant visiblity of edges in retopo ,it is really wonderful feature.

Is it new of this update ?

• Advanced Member

Andrew,shader problem is still there on my side and exactly as I described before.

Can someone try to change the env texture in "complex shader" and confirm if that is just

me who is having this issue?

EDit:Wow! :o I just saw that there is constant visiblity of edges in retopo ,it is really wondeful.

Did you just add that ?

Yes, sadly still there... And the regression goes for edits on every parameter, not just the those to the texture files.

http://www.3d-coat.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=4159

EDIT: Just to make sure I didn't miss the re-upload I redownloaded 3.1.14 and installed it, still broken... :huh:

• Advanced Member

Andrew,new complex shader has a little problem,I am not able to overwrite the env_map.

Env_map seems to use the CustomSampler4.dds file.

Well, when choosing a new one it creates a CustomSampler3.dds file and there are no way to overwrite the CustomSampler4.dds unless of doing it manually.

CustomSampler3.dds have no effect in the shader construction.

So CustomSampler4.dds should be CustomSampler3.dds.

Also the envmap in the preview thumbnail never gets updated ,it is always the redball(even if the CustomSampler4.dds has been overwrited with new envmap).

I had this problem in earlier version (the one uploaded per your request on your thread, and had problems with it. And still in this I have the same problem... however I fixed it for me by adding an additional input parameter in the XML...

Attached is my edit of the XML, and although it adds a useless parameter (I think it's useless) it prevents the non-replaceable CustomSampler4.dds (because what happens for some reason is that even though it's trying to change 4, it saves over 3... and 3 is not used in the shader... it's a workaround.

See attached XML

I added this between the CustomSampler2.dds and CustomSampler4.dds

<ExShaderParam>

<ID>CustomSampler3</ID>

<Type>texture</Type>

<!ShortName>RainbowMapUnused?</!ShortName>

</ExShaderParam>

seems to fix it alright ;)

Variables.xml

• Advanced Member

Where can I download this version? Downloading from the front page always gives me 3.1.13 (Win 64 bit) ?

Go to the first page, first message in this thtead, you'll always find the link to the latest update at the bottom of the first message.

• Advanced Member

The CTRL+SHIFT paradigm doesn't work for primitives! It only works for layers. It would be best if it covered that as well so that we won't have to create an extra layer every time we want to intersect a primitive with an already existing layer.

• Contributor

I had this problem in earlier version (the one uploaded per your request on your thread, and had problems with it. And still in this I have the same problem... however I fixed it for me by adding an additional input parameter in the XML...

Attached is my edit of the XML, and although it adds a useless parameter (I think it's useless) it prevents the non-replaceable CustomSampler4.dds (because what happens for some reason is that even though it's trying to change 4, it saves over 3... and 3 is not used in the shader... it's a workaround.

See attached XML

I added this between the CustomSampler2.dds and CustomSampler4.dds

<ExShaderParam>

<ID>CustomSampler3</ID>

<Type>texture</Type>

<!ShortName>RainbowMapUnused?</!ShortName>

</ExShaderParam>

seems to fix it alright ;)

Big Thanx!! :) It works fine!

Updated to 3.1.15

Changes:

- possibility to save all information about layers (depth+color+specular) over some UV-set without saving mesh to be able to transfer all info from one model to other with different topology but same uv-set. In so way even DP->MV and MV->DP transfers are possible.

- Displacement of all layers can be exported as a EXR file with one layer in EXR file per layer in scene. In so way displacement can be easily transferred to other mesh preserving layers.

- It is possible now to export specular in PSD file and edit all specular layers in external editor.

- New pen parameter introduced in "Pen opt" page - "Zero pressure radius" - relative pen radius when pen pressure is zero.

- possibility to change shaders properties permanently, not just change properties of shader for current object.

- Fixed problem in UV tool - it was impossible to select faces /edges/vertices in uv plane if there was >2 uv-sets

- Curves will be stored in 3B file too

- Materials/masks will be scaled/moved together with navigation in UV preview window in the same way as in main viewport.

- Important fix: all scrollers positions will be preserved during resizig or any other operations. It is especially important for VoxTree.

- Primitives preview will be shown dotted for convenience.

- Primitives tool will respect intersection with CTRL+SHIFT

- fixed: lasso tool was in contradiction with navigation in some cases

• Like 1

Hey Andrew, there's a noticeable difference in performance using non-CUDA 32bit on XP and non-CUDA 64bit on Windows 7. I mean this in a bad way as it's obvious they are 2 different setups. I have 8 GBs of RAM and just upgraded to Win7 64bit. But I dual boot to XP. I tested the same file on both and found it more sluggish on Windows 7. Considering my specs that seems odd. Just wondering if you've looked into Windows 7 at all to see if there might be optimizations needed?

Hey Andrew, there's a noticeable difference in performance using non-CUDA 32bit on XP and non-CUDA 64bit on Windows 7. I mean this in a bad way as it's obvious they are 2 different setups. I have 8 GBs of RAM and just upgraded to Win7 64bit. But I dual boot to XP. I tested the same file on both and found it more sluggish on Windows 7. Considering my specs that seems odd. Just wondering if you've looked into Windows 7 at all to see if there might be optimizations needed?

DX or GL?

• Advanced Member

I just upgraded to Win 7 Ultimate x64 from Vista Ultimate x64. Everything seems to work lovely... I downloaded the most recent Directx drivers including the most recent Nvidia drivers. I mean it's definitely not performing any slower than it did in Vista (Using the DX x64 CUDA version)...

Using DX. I'm sure CUDA would work great but I'm strictly comparing non-CUDA right now since I want to use one OS and not have to dual boot. CUDA isn't compatible with some of my other apps.

Vista & 7 have big slowdown if there are some foreground transparent windows like instant messengers or download managers overlap 3D-Coat window.

Try ALT+ENTER - will it help?

• Like 1