3DCoat Forums

Morgan la Flay (Monkey Island)

Roger_K

• Advanced Member

I've been working on this character over the last 3 evenings. Last night I just started texturing her with 3D Coat. Im going to be focusing on some subtle skin shading

next, smoothing out the makeup and adding the finer details.

my Wip thread on the silo boards is here

http://www.silo3d.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16630

post-582-1255517337177_thumb.png

• Like 1

• Advanced Member

Good job so far. I've never played the game but I'm guessing the name is a play on Morgan le Fay.

Only in name, there's no Arthurian content :). Thanks for the comment Phil. Dont see around the Silo boards

anymore, do you still use it?

Looks great man.. You are just texturing her in 3DC ?

Cheers man, I'm Glad you like her. She's a bit of a challenge.

I modeled her in Silo and unwrapped her in Headus UVlayout, going to rig and render her in Max, or Maya if im feeling brave :)

The textures are 3D coat and some Photoshop. 3D coat has some great features but i still find i need photoshops brushes

• Advanced Member

Only in name, there's no Arthurian content :). Thanks for the comment Phil. Dont see around the Silo boards

anymore, do you still use it?

Cheers man, I'm Glad you like her. She's a bit of a challenge.

I modeled her in Silo and unwrapped her in Headus UVlayout, going to rig and render her in Max, or Maya if im feeling brave :)

The textures are 3D coat and some Photoshop. 3D coat has some great features but i still find i need photoshops brushes

Wow you are going a long way around but nice anyways.. Yeah I'am the same way like to use photoshop brushes, but I'am getting used to using the brushes in 3DC..

Wow you are going a long way around but nice anyways.. Yeah I'am the same way like to use photoshop brushes, but I'am getting used to using the brushes in 3DC..

You know you can use Photoshop brushes in 3DC right? I use the default Photoshop brushes as my defaults in 3DC.

2009-10-15_1346.png

• Advanced Member

I must be mixing you up with someone else Phil, sorry bout that. I know about the ABR loading. The thing about photoshop is the quality with which the brushes are rendered. they just work better.

Wow you are going a long way around but nice anyways

It took about 15 hours to model and unwrap. maybe 5 hours of texture development and painting. It'd have taken me much longer with only 1 app. It can be a bit confusing with all the hotkeys tho :blink:

here's the latest shot of the model. morgan_mr2.png

• Like 1

• Advanced Member

I think she's done :)

morgan_rendermod2.png

Very nice work there!! The render looks great.

Thanks allot I glad you like it :)

I like the new version too. Very nice work!

Official 3D Coat gallery candidate!

:D I'd be honored

It looks really nice, the only thing I could say is that maybe the light on her cheek looks a bit hot. Otherwise it's perfect.

If thats the only crit people have im thrilled, Good point tho, I tend to render in 32 bit tho so Ill be able to reduce the burn in photoshop.

• Advanced Member

Thanks alot guys it really inspires me to get such positive feedback :).

Im working on Guybrush, another monkey island character. I have him modeled unwrapped and rigged so im going to be texture painting

tonight. There are also technical aspects of Morgan I'd like to address. So you may see more renders of her yet, for one thing her face while nice is pretty off model.

When i rigged guybrush i set him up to use both weighted skinning and dynamic cloth, I'd like to this with morgan aswell. Her coat is dying for it :)

• 3 weeks later...