3DCoat Forums
Andrew Shpagin

3DCoat 4.9 BETA testing thread

changing stroke mode with split creates duplicate border width fields.-4.9.65image.thumb.png.4c40cde4bd66611629fa7800345d17d0.png

Also, Increasing Split border makes thinner gap between the split volumes. Is this confusing anyone else? Or it's just me :|

Edited by nameless_one

Can this be fixed?
Not critical, just a "quality of life" things.

Also:

Edited by druh0o

On 10/6/2020 at 12:54 PM, Hdharris said:

does anyone have a clue what causes this issue? It's been happening for a while, and it makes 3dcoat precarious to use. During the course of retopo usually but not always, the ui will start doing this, where it seems to completely fall apart, and while you might think a restart would do it, if you save then this will get baked into your save, so whenever you open it, it's doing the same thing, meaning that the project is done. This is also the case if the system happens to autosave. I have seen it pop up over and over again so I decided to bring it up here in case someone here has seen it before.

image.thumb.png.897d580ebb3cf69d186daedddcb9e6b5.png 

Also, this happens in both GL and DX versions of the software. I have attached a save with the bug in case that would help for analysis

UI Bug Captured.3b

Edited by Hdharris

33 minutes ago, Hdharris said:

Also, this happens in both GL and DX versions of the software. I have attached a save with the bug in case that would help for analysis

UI Bug Captured.3b

It would be good to send that file to support to make sure they get it.  3DC's Help menu--- send file to support.

The 3DC file does load with the glitch you mentioned.

4 hours ago, digman said:

It would be good to send that file to support to make sure they get it.  3DC's Help menu--- send file to support.

The 3DC file does load with the glitch you mentioned.

oh, thank you!

4.9.65  Move tool doesn't work well in radial symmetry mode with extra mirror on

xxx.jpg

7 hours ago, sprayer said:

In sculpt mode If you select hidden layer auto pick not working

I think that is by design. Auto Pick will only pick what is visible.

Shading issue with UDIM textures in 4.9.65. Basically i have a char in udim setup, textures in 1001, 1002, 1003 and so on. But the AO and curvature baking in paint room didnt take in consideration for the UDIM tiles and cause baking issues.

Illustration.png

v 4.9.65 Render Room Issue - 3DC Hardware setting: GL Version

Created an object

object_vox.thumb.png.c1b8b4838a4362bb7d108d07918db412.png

Added a light

Hit Realtime Render + Screen Space + Illumination

Worked OK, then started to move light position, rotation etc then Screen filled with this green

1084988746_messedup.thumb.png.4addd0cedfcf1eb9d188bc5902518aec.png

I finally just got around to testing the activity bar.
when It came out I was perplexed, but now I thought I'd give it a try, to free up work space.

I haven't seen much feedback, so, here is mine :

-I'd like to decide what's in the activity bar. (for example I don't use presets, so I'd want to turn that off)

-I think it's great that the active stencil or strip show up there, highlighted... So, why is it not the same with the brush alpha ? it remains greyed, that is a shame imho. Also what if you have more than one alpha shift-selected : only one shows up in the activity bar, that's a shame.

-When you shift-select alphas, the panel remains open as long as your cursor is inside the panel, which is great. However, when you simply select one alpha, the panel vanishes right away : which is bad, what if I change my mind ? I have to click on the alphas icon again, really ?

-Why is the activity bar snapped to the right of the screen instead of directly to the right of the menus ? (that would place it almost at the middle of the screen, yes ?)

-one time I clicked on one icon, and there were folders there, I thought that was great, but ever since, I only get a dropdown menu, which is cumberrsome.
Since these panels are temporary, why not make the most of it and display folders instead of a dropdown menu ?

Edited by Silas Merlin
  • Like 1

It's any chance to edit freeze/mask in external software  [like photoshop]?

aaaaafreeez.jpg

8 minutes ago, tcwik said:

It's any chance to edit freeze/mask in external software  [like photoshop]?

I know people don't like the suggestion of workarounds, but I believe there is a nice way to do this :
instead of using freeze to paint your mask initially, paint your mask with regular paint on a new layer.
you can edit this layer in external editor.
when you are done, you can right click the paint layer > freeze painted pixels.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

well, nice hack but I need a fast solution not hack's. btw. when ctrl-z (undo history ) stop ruining action in the move tool and see the same issue in the freeze tool? 

17 hours ago, Silas Merlin said:

I know people don't like the suggestion of workarounds, but I believe there is a nice way to do this :
instead of using freeze to paint your mask initially, paint your mask with regular paint on a new layer.

It is simple and cool idea what I have not tried ^^  thank you.

19 hours ago, Silas Merlin said:

but Yes this is  only one stabile way to doo mask right now XD

Dumb question. Is 3D coat 2021 free for long time existing owners of the latest 4.9.x version too?

I do not remember how it worked before, but when I use png for smart material color, now it not keep alpha of the png, but color as black for transparent area

Though I can still use mask map but it make thing more difficult, when I simply hope to use color decal with transparent border.

reproduce

1. add new smart material, then import color png texture with alpha area. not use other map for the smart material.

pngcolor.thumb.JPG.a0607cf8e63614c5594cbb31b3ec00c1.JPG

2. paint it with use smart material preview., preview already show transparetn as black.

3. paint it with blush,  transparent area of png colored as black.

blackalpha.thumb.JPG.5b86423dc32647ecf151ba1656afb11c.JPG

It seem not work as same  as 3d coat you tube raining video show. ><;)  

In the video,  it use png texture for  smart material color map, then it seems keep transparent when he paint on.

Thanks I seldom use TGA, may try again. Then I really hope (and request) png will work as same as TGA (If it can keep alpha)

because if I use spline image tool, 3d coat  can keep alpha of png.  I like to edit smart material, but it little pitty if I can not use png for smart material.

And I hope smart material may offer "non Tille" option. (only stencils seems offer it) . If I use smart material for simple decal, Tille is not good. :mellow:

(I may request it in mantis) 

I test with converted TGA, but unfortunately  TGA not keep alpha for smart material , either..  (Though I can make mask texture from the png ,,do not hope to do same thing for every png)

Edited by tokikake

@Silas Merlin Are you saying that PNGs with transparencies don't work in 3DCoat?   I haven't used TGA since 1985 and I was born in the 90s. ^_^  Does anyone use TGA that isn't in broadcast from decades ago?  Any reason PNG isn't fully supported?