3DCoat Forums

CENSORING in Forum???

cuffins

• Advanced Member

Yes I'd started a topic...yes I'd named it "Voxels in ZBrush" and voila, one day later someone renamed my Topic to "ZSpheres II" without asking me...WHY? I'd renamed it to "Voxels in ZBrush???" as a question to fullfill Taros suggestions. Is this something like censoring around here? I'm sure I didn't post someting offended or harsh whether in thread name nor in my posts. Naming should up to the user! I'm very disappointed about this! Maybe this thread got to much attention with the old name? And please don't waste my time which such arguments as "it's the wrong topic" or so! Look around this forum and you will see some weird naming and stupid discussions. So I'm asking again Who was doing that and WHY?

Feel free to rename THIS topic as you want...

Shame on you! :diablo:

• Contributor
Yes I'd started a topic...yes I'd named it "Voxels in ZBrush" and voila, one day later someone renamed my Topic to "ZSpheres II" without asking me...WHY? I'd renamed it to "Voxels in ZBrush???" as a question to fullfill Taros suggestions. Is this something like censoring around here? I'm sure I didn't post someting offended or harsh whether in thread name nor in my posts. Naming should up to the user! I'm very disappointed about this! Maybe this thread got to much attention with the old name? And please don't waste my time which such arguments as "it's the wrong topic" or so! Look around this forum and you will see some weird naming and stupid discussions. So I'm asking again Who was doing that and WHY?

Feel free to rename THIS topic as you want...

Shame on you! :diablo:

mmmm... I see many replies to topics pop up and when i check them online they have vanished, and I understand if something is Obscene or vulgar. But i think id be pretty annoyed if something was simply altered for no real apparent reason. That particular post did not in my opinion not contrevien guidlines, yes it showed a competetive approach but it is as the discussion concluded nothing in the way of detrimental to Voxels and or 3d coat??

• Advanced Member

Well for starters there aren't any Voxels in Zbrush and I can see why a moderator would moderate that title from the extreme point of misleading the passerby that it had orginally taken. To be honest I only clicked on that topic because it said Voxels in Zbrush. If I'd seen Zspheres II in Zbrush I probably wouldn't have cared enough to click on it. It was a sensationalist title only because it was misleading. And thats not really helpful at all.

On the other note, it was a good topic and I'm glad I clicked on it cuz now I know of another feature I'd like to beg for in 3dCoat. So thanks for bringing it to attentino but you've got to admit your title was wrong. Maybe you should check your motives in naming it Voxels in Zbrush before questioning others for correcting an incorrect forum title in the forum they have all the right to moderate.

• Advanced Member
Well for starters there aren't any Voxels in Zbrush and I can see why a moderator would moderate that title from the extreme point of misleading the passerby that it had orginally taken. To be honest I only clicked on that topic because it said Voxels in Zbrush. If I'd seen Zspheres II in Zbrush I probably wouldn't have cared enough to click on it. It was a sensationalist title only because it was misleading. And thats not really helpful at all.

On the other note, it was a good topic and I'm glad I clicked on it cuz now I know of another feature I'd like to beg for in 3dCoat. So thanks for bringing it to attentino but you've got to admit your title was wrong. Maybe you should check your motives in naming it Voxels in Zbrush before questioning others for correcting an incorrect forum title in the forum they have all the right to moderate.

Mmmh..wrong title you think? I didn't...because I was excited about new features in ZB and asking myself if this is a kind of voxel sculpting (which is definition dependant). So I called this thread as I thought. Never had "sensationalist title" in mind. Only reason of posting this was sharing this with others...with YOU. If you look at your post you stultify yourself. You said title is misleading and not helpful but it has got your attention and it's a good topic...hmmmm

I have an extreme example for you...what if an admin is thinking "kay_Evas Sketchbook" is the wrong title and rename it to something let's say "kay_evas crap"...because he's thinking the title was sensationalist and misleading...would you be amused about this?

I think the only way to push 3DC forward is a contrary discussion at a high level. So called freedom of speech...think about it!

cheers :drinks:

• Advanced Member
It is not me :)

please don't kill admins :):vava:

no no...I think sometimes the Admins needs a big hug because their hard job...sitting in front of their computers...alone...in the dark...renaming topics...yes hugging will be a need for them... :yahoo:

• Advanced Member
Yes...because Lightwave has no voxel sculpting... ;)

I think zbrush doesn't either so people there named it appropriately so as not to create hype or false thread. :drinks:

anyway moving thread or renaming thread is admin decision more than censorship me thinks.

• Advanced Member

It's not me either. I can understood your feeling, but for such stuff, I think it's better to do a PM than start a topic. After all, there are only 6 Admin, not too much PM need to send. :)

• Advanced Member
anyway moving thread or renaming thread is admin decision more than censorship me thinks.

what's the difference?? What people don't understand is accepting someones thoughts ist the basis for a good discussion. Accept it means not to try to convince others but ACCEPT their thoughts as they are. Take benefits from them or not, criticize or not...you THINK ZB has no voxels I THINK vice versa. There is no problem except you push me to accept your oppinion. You shouldn't do that in this way...best way is to think...mmmh cuffins is thinking new features in ZB are voxels...maybe he's right...maybe I'm right...maybe it's between...maybe no one is right...I don't have to be right. That's what I mean...keep it in mind and you will get a better understanding of people around you. Everyone has it's own world and everyone is right in it's own world but not urgent in others. This topic is part of my world, your topics of yours. Let our worlds come together...PEACE!

:friends:

• Advanced Member

I do not find any visible action of moderators necessarily - apart from maybe deleting spam mail here and then.

In all cases I have seen censoring or just "streamling" it caused more harm than good.

• Advanced Member

just pm them if your dissappointed, anyway its just a discussion thread on a forum not really something to be upset about and they didnt rename it anything totally wrong, zsphere 2 is the name of the feature. Working at a marketing/online company I can tell you that google can find some pretty hidden stuff even forum discussions so for example when I type "voxels in zbrush" in to google it immediately shows your thread...now zbrush might not even have voxels at all but 3D coat does and it would be sad for either company to be misrepresented simply because people saw your thread title and were confused.

• Advanced Member
just pm them if your dissappointed, anyway its just a discussion thread on a forum not really something to be upset about and they didnt rename it anything totally wrong, zsphere 2 is the name of the feature. Working at a marketing/online company I can tell you that google can find some pretty hidden stuff even forum discussions so for example when I type "voxels in zbrush" in to google it immediately shows your thread...now zbrush might not even have voxels at all but 3D coat does and it would be sad for either company to be misrepresented simply because people saw your thread title and were confused.

So they rename it to Zspeheres II which is much better because when you type THIS in in google you will get the wrong post too...confusing...isn't it? Bad arguments!

• Advanced Member

Well maybe if it looks like voxels, feels like voxels and behaves like them, your argument is valid. But I'll have to try these metaballs ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metaballs ) or zspheres2 first to believe that.

Right now voxelscupting is entirely different from polygons.

You know Tom Dobrowolski? http://plastic-demo.org/ Nice to watch.

He invented Real-time Voronoi Fractals and Procedural Creatures, but it is a slightly different approach to voxelsculpting, or is it metaballs??? :p

• Contributor

CENSORING !?...even written with capital letters ... :lol: :lol: :lol:

It is as much censorship as zspheres are voxels.

It is a just a small title edit for clarity.

I admit changing the title was a little overprotective...

I mean,somebody could call a thread "Dancing poneys in 3Dcoat" and it wouldnt get changed....

I had a good laugh,I thought there was a BIG polemic going on...

• Advanced Member
CENSORING...with capital letters... :lol: :lol: :lol:

It is as much censorship as zspheres are voxels.

I admit changing the title was a little overprotective...

I mean,somebody could call a thread "Dancing poneys in 3Dcoat" and it wouldnt get changed....

I had a good laugh,I thought there was a BIG polemic going on...

definitely... :D :D :D

• Advanced Member
Well maybe if it looks like voxels, feels like voxels and behaves like them, your argument is valid. But I'll have to try these metaballs ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metaballs ) or zspheres2 first to believe that.

Right now voxelscupting is entirely different from polygons.

You know Tom Dobrowolski? http://plastic-demo.org/ Nice to watch.

He invented Real-time Voronoi Fractals and Procedural Creatures, but it is a slightly different approach to voxelsculpting, or is it metaballs??? :p

Hehe...nice links THX...didn't know him...Now let's go and sculpt something in...whatever... :drinks:

BTW: Are you using Zbrush at the moment?

Rene

• Contributor
Hehe...nice links THX...didn't know him...Now let's go and sculpt something in...whatever... :drinks:

BTW: Are you using Zbrush at the moment?

Rene

I have never used or even mentioned zbrush, but I was scolded for using too many quatations! When you are over 70 as I am, your mind is so cluttered with trivia that some must be used from time to time or it's "bye-bye neurons". :sorry:

• Advanced Member

No, I was about to buy Zbrush when I had the misfortune to find 3dcoat and now I am an addict. The testing period of Zbrush did not get me hooked but made me buy a book to try and understand their interface. While in 3DCoat it's plug and play.

A fine difference is you can paint in space with voxels, without an armature. Which opens up possibilities for a spacepainter with a spacemouse.

• Like 1

It was me, your title was very misleading, someone suggested it needed changed... I agreed. :)

I wouldn't call that censoring, in fact, censoring would be editing your post and changing stuff about it entirely. All I did was aptly rename your thread title because, as I said, it was entirely misleading about the content of your post. Sorry about that, sort of. ;)

• Advanced Member
So they rename it to Zspeheres II which is much better because when you type THIS in in google you will get the wrong post too...confusing...isn't it? Bad arguments!

umm I dont understand, when you type zspheres II into google you get zbrushcentral which is great cause thats what people who search for that should be seeing, the 3D coat thread about zspheres II is only right at the bottom of the first page of results. Anyway lets not make a mountain out of a molehill and get on with some cool art.

Thanks for clarifying geothefaust

• Advanced Member
It was me, your title was very misleading, someone suggested it needed changed... I agreed. :)

I wouldn't call that censoring, in fact, censoring would be editing your post and changing stuff about it entirely. All I did was aptly rename your thread title because, as I said, it was entirely misleading about the content of your post. Sorry about that, sort of. ;)

Yes I remember it was Taros who suggested to change topic name...So I did...I added three ??? to the title to demonstrate I'm not sure about. I would suggest to inform the topic starter next time before you change the topics name and give the chance to explain his thoughts, except in case of rule breaks. This will be the kind of friendly behavior you expect from posters too.

Yes, the title censoring is a little bit provocative...sorry about that, sort of ;)

Rene

:) I meant no offense, just keeping things straight and clear around here is all.

If you like feel free to edit it as you see fit. Just make sure it is in line with the content is all I ask. Thank you!

• Advanced Member
:) I meant no offense, just keeping things straight and clear around here is all.

If you like feel free to edit it as you see fit. Just make sure it is in line with the content is all I ask. Thank you!

Will do my best...thanks for the statement Javis.

Rene

• Reputable Contributor
I know... :D

Rene

To be honest....the whole thread is rather distasteful....gushing over new features in ZBrush on a competitor's own forum. If you want to do so outside a 3D Coat forum, you're certainly entitled to, but people sometimes forget just where they are, and it's downright rude...especially as hard as Andrew works and communicates with this community.

Throw a party for new ZBrush features on a Pixologic forum if you must. How would you like your spouse to bring another guy over and brag about how handsome and muscular he's become and how he's a much better provider than the husband she currently has, right there next to you, on your own couch. That's exactly what it amounts to when you come on THIS forum, and say "Hey guys, ZBrush has voxels....look how cool it is!" Do you go over to Pixologic's forums and promote every new update or cool feature Andrew puts out? This program is growing at light speed compared to ZB and MB...do you try to sell that to the folks on Autodesk's website (the Area) or Pixologic's? I didn't think so.

Instead of getting mad your thread title was changed, why show some manners instead? If I were a mod, I would've given notice that the thread will be taken down effectively immediately.

• Advanced Member
Mmmh..wrong title you think? I didn't...because I was excited about new features in ZB and asking myself if this is a kind of voxel sculpting (which is definition dependant). So I called this thread as I thought. Never had "sensationalist title" in mind. Only reason of posting this was sharing this with others...with YOU. If you look at your post you stultify yourself. You said title is misleading and not helpful but it has got your attention and it's a good topic...hmmmm

I have an extreme example for you...what if an admin is thinking "kay_Evas Sketchbook" is the wrong title and rename it to something let's say "kay_evas crap"...because he's thinking the title was sensationalist and misleading...would you be amused about this?

I think the only way to push 3DC forward is a contrary discussion at a high level. So called freedom of speech...think about it!

Valid info (good;thanks)- misleading title (not good; no thanks). The only thing they changed was your title.

The main difference in changing my WIP thread title and changing the title you had here is that you made the example involving me into something that was personal while you're thread's title was strictly impersonal - I'm on to you and you're 'logic'.

• Advanced Member
To be honest....the whole thread is rather distasteful....gushing over new features in ZBrush on a competitor's own forum. If you want to do so outside a 3D Coat forum, you're certainly entitled to, but people sometimes forget just where they are, and it's downright rude in my view...especially as hard as Andrew works and communicates with this community.

Throw a party for new ZBrush features on a Pixologic forum if you must. How would you like your spouse to bring another guy over and brag about how handsome and muscular he's become and how he's a much better provider than the husband she currently has, right there next to you, on your own couch. That's exactly what it amounts to when you come on THIS forum, and say" Hey guys, ZBrush has voxels....look how cool it is!"

Instead of getting mad your thread title was changed, why show some manners instead? If I were a mod, I would've given notice that the thread will be taken down effectively immediately.

You're right so lets end this...!

greez, Rene