3D Coat Forums
haikalle

Blender Applink

I tried the AppLink with Blender 2.79. The Model gets transferred from Blender to 3D Coat. I painted a smiley face on it and transfered it back to Blender. Doesn't seem to work.

Here is a video:

Could you please try this another one ?

Could you please try this other ?

Seems not to work, I posted in the thread:

Hi! I have been slowly updating my script to work 2.8. Here is some updates I written into script.

+ Support multi objects transfer into 3d-Coat and back to blender.

+ Nodes are supported.

-  Blender 2.8 has many bugs conserning materials so it will  slow down  

I write this script mainly focus blender 2.8 release. Eevee renderer with 3d-coat could be match made in heaven so I try to make this script very powerful. 

There is a lot things to do but let me know if you want to test the beta script and I send it to you. There is no official testing yet. Too early.

I was sad that Haunted was not able to continue with his version of applink. He had just a great start. This applink has always been fun project to me. ( as a hobby) and I think 

that there is so many other who could code this much better than me :)   

• Like 1

Here is a small video about the applink. I think that in couple weeks we can put to public beta.

• Like 2

Hi! Just two seconds ago I updated the applink script into blender2.8 branch. So next blender 2.8 build that is put into https://builder.blender.org/download should be much more stable than

versions before. I made i quick tutorial video how to use. Still in beta thou :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5.0 Version is out ! I mean applink :)

Now code is very stable that you can play with it. Have fun. I will make official tutorial a little bit later but for now I created a small guide for you into first page.
Main new features in this version are:

1. Added node support
  2. You can take multiply objects into 3d-Coat, not just one. You can move, scale, rotate each object in blender scene and it dosen't break the applink link.
Edited by haikalle
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Small update. Changed the 3d-coat panel from scene tab into 3D view tools. Thanks for Mifth and his applink version to point out that it's working much better there :)
Here is again small video about the prosess where applink is heading.

• Like 5

Small update for the script:

- If you have many uv sets atttached into object in blender. Applink keeps them alive and don't delete them.  

• Like 2

-Vertex Group support. For example you can have hair system on your object. Using Vertex group for hair density and still use applink :)

"Vertex color" maps are not yet supported in applink. Everything else (uv-sets, vertex groups, vertex weights) should transfer just okey. 

Edited by haikalle
  • Like 1

Just fyi, obj files don't support vertex groups but they do support poly groups. Blenders obj importer/exporter can map the verts to these poly groups but the grouping discards any isolated verts for obvious reasons. Thought it was worth pointing out for anyone that decides to use that feature.

You mentioned supporting vertex weights, but afaik 3D-Coat doesn't support them (It has no rigging system after all). How is that being handled?

My last version of applink deleted vertex weights when it updated the mesh from 3d-coat. New applink code do not take anything into 3d-coat that is not  supported there, but with this new applink version users can safely make them in blender and they are still there after updating the mesh data from 3d-coat :) 

Now you can for example keep updating face textures while there is blender hair applied to mesh.

Edited by haikalle

Oh I see. Yea I have the same thing in the Max applink for layer, pivot position, pivot rotation, bounding box (selection brackets), parent/child hierarchy, and selection set. However, normally I don't use that method when painting and instead use a 'import only materials' function where the applink reads through the obj file to get the names of the meshs and their materials, then reconstructs and applies the materials without importing any meshs. I figure why import the models if all you need are the materials :)

Mostly I import only textures also but there is some situation where you want to update mesh too. For example when you use tweak room.

Blender applink dosen't automaticly update your mesh. Only if you have checked export mesh option in 3d-coat.

Edited by haikalle

It sad that I don't own 3d max lisence. It would be nice to test out your applink. Could possible learn couple good ways to improve blender applink :)

Small update for Blender applink. Extra settings panel (2) is added. There users can modify applink settings as they wish. But the applink is also working if users don't want to use 
advanced settings. Using only the main panel (1) is just fine too. I think this way we could make both users happy, those who just want basic applink and those who want more settings to play with.

window.thumb.png.029c4d6f20fb6b39c9dd83b95725b487.png 

• Like 2

Hi, i'm using this version

image.thumb.png.a052c77ba356351f9c31912f6ae645aa.png

And I can send my model to the 3d jacket, but from 3d jacket to blender does not work, I have errors. Can anyone try to make it work in the latest blender 2.8 build?

Hi! Thanks for testing the applink. Could you follow the video and see if you are able to make applink work with simple sphere. 

• Thanks 1

"

22 minutes ago, haikalle said:

Hi! Thanks for testing the applink. Could you follow the video and see if you are able to make applink work with simple sphere. 

Mmm thx man, i just only had to check this.

asdadsdsadsad.png.c3fb5d7fb31a3c86db87b07ee1586cf1.png

U helped me so much, thx for real.