3DCoat Forums

• Contributor
Can you reinstall V20 now(or any other applications)? I'm afraid it's a problem of msi installer service.

I have v20 installed.

"msi installer?"-----if this means my VERY up to date Microsoft XP Pro version and whatever--I mean right up to date stuff! is at fault--I suggest the problem is not mine.

Things HAVE to work with the most(?) universal system--

Sorry if I get annoyed---good/better/best is not the point---Reality is

(My Thursday grumble--- ONE day there will be , EVEN , a universally interchangeable simple/common/&*%^$#@

OBJECT (.obj) file!!!)

At 76 I don't live in great hope in my lifetime.

Brian

• Advanced Member
I have v20 installed.

"msi installer?"-----if this means my VERY up to date Microsoft XP Pro version and whatever--I mean right up to date stuff! is at fault--I suggest the problem is not mine.

Things HAVE to work with the most(?) universal system--

Sorry if I get annoyed---good/better/best is not the point---Reality is

(My Thursday grumble--- ONE day there will be , EVEN , a universally interchangeable simple/common/&*%^$#@

OBJECT (.obj) file!!!)

At 76 I don't live in great hope in my lifetime.

Brian

Hi Brian,

Don't worry, try to install it on another folder. ;)

• Advanced Member
I have v20 installed.

EDIT:

nvm, 3DC installer doesn't use msi service.

akira.

• Advanced Member
Even for standart color brushing? Or Vs only?

I sometimes think that these things are in my imagination. But both standard colour brushing and VS work are definately much smoother to work with.

My main testing has been with colour brushing. I loaded up my old toad test model, imported a displacement texture as depth on a layer then turned on ..more on cavity.. and it is definately much smoother, on both my work machine and my laptop.

good job.

• Advanced Member
TOXE, it is interesting, does Render works on OSX?

Andrew

It does not render on my Mac Pro running 10.5.5, Nvidia 7300 256meg video card, 2 gigs ram. It looks like its trying to do something, you can see the model fade away then nothing. I get the same behavior on my Dell XPS with an Nvidia 7950 1 gig card, 4 gigs of ram. I think TOXE has an Nvidia 8800 card so Im curious if his renders.

AO 20,000

Light scattering 50

post-903-1223568104_thumb.png

work fine, but could be nice to have a render bar progress. Pressing Esc at this value seems not working very well

-TOXE

Cool!!!

Rendering is constant, more waiting - better quality.

AO>100 does not helps. Amount of rays is proportional to rendering time.

AO means distribution between directional light and AO.

What means that ESC works badly? Does it works at all?

• Advanced Member

I don't think the render works on my computer (maybe I'm not waiting long enough, though there's almost zero 3D-Coat activity looking at the task manager.) The model fades and I get a white screen with a title bar. I have to kill the 3D-Coat process to exit. [EDIT] I forgot about Esc. Pressing Escape does quit the render without having to kill the process.

Also, from readng some posts here, I get the impression I should be able to start sculpt and click "To Polygons" and then do a File|Export (obj or lws). I always get the grayed out obj/lws export with the standard message about program limitations.

Maybe I'm not understanding what should or shouldn't work (I'm writing this on a friends computer that doesn't have 3D-Coat, so it's from memory.)

Build 24

• Advanced Member
Cool!!!

Rendering is constant, more waiting - better quality.

AO>100 does not helps. Amount of rays is proportional to rendering time.

AO means distribution between directional light and AO.

What means that ESC works badly? Does it works at all?

Thanks Andrew,

ok, AO not helps, but higher values of light scatter increase render time right? So ESC don't work immediately using for example value 50 of LS.

-TOXE

V25 is uploaded. New link (only win now):

www.3d-coat.com/files/3d-Coat-3-00-ALPHA25.exe

Changes:

1) Multicore optimisation! There is "Multicore" and "Show info" checkers - you can compare speed.

2) New brush - Build - for faster building volume.

3) Multiple bugfixes/small improvements

Enjoy!

Awesome! I'm away on a photo shoot now, but I can't wait to try when I get home!

• Advanced Member
AO 20,000

Light scattering 50

post-903-1223568104_thumb.png

work fine, but could be nice to have a render bar progress. Pressing Esc at this value seems not working very well

-TOXE

Nice

I quess im going to have to update my video card to the 8800 if I want to render (very jealous :( )

• Advanced Member
I don't think the render works on my computer (maybe I'm not waiting long enough, though there's almost zero 3D-Coat activity looking at the task manager.) The model fades and I get a white screen with a title bar. I have to kill the 3D-Coat process to exit.

Also, from readng some posts here, I get the impression I should be able to start sculpt and click "To Polygons" and then do a File|Export (obj or lws). I always get the grayed out obj/lws export with the standard message about program limitations.

Maybe I'm not understanding what should or shouldn't work (I'm writing this on a friends computer that doesn't have 3D-Coat, so it's from memory.)

Build 24

What video card do you have? I have the same problems except my screen is black. Nvidia 7300 card here also doent work with Nvidia 7950 on my PC

V25 is uploaded. New link (only win now):

www.3d-coat.com/files/3d-Coat-3-00-ALPHA25.exe

Changes:

1) Multicore optimisation! There is "Multicore" and "Show info" checkers - you can compare speed.

2) New brush - Build - for faster building volume.

3) Multiple bugfixes/small improvements

Enjoy!

Great work Andrew! The "build" brush is excellent :)