3DCoat Forums

• Advanced Member
Sweet Andrew, so far the multi core option is working nicely! The To Polygons is working nicely in this build as well.

Good! I don't see the hour to try on my macpro 8core!

-TOXE :blink:

• Advanced Member

Feature request, i'm post it here because it's not only related to volumetric sculpting:

have you planned to add radial brush like the one in Zbrush? I think it's very useful!

-TOXE

Andrew, thanks fo V25.

Downloading now--the file size is much bigger I see so I do not expect any problems.

Brian

If so it sounds like it was an ISP, Proxy Cache problem as suggested previously...

you should check to see if your ISP is using Proxies for HTTP: It's annoying when ISP's use this system.

PS. Andrew latest builds seem to be "hanging" a lot for me...

DX version seems to become unresponsive all of a sudden.. I will investigate further...

Multithreading does help with the large brushes however!! :)

• Advanced Member

and Andrew has given us a 'Clear' button! YAY!!!

Thanks, Andrew! :)

That new sphere tool is interesting too!. Would be cool if we could also use it draw spheres into a blank area of the workspace (similar to 2D Paint)

Talking of 2D Paint - the edges of the strokes are a little messy in the latest versions of 3D Coat.

• Advanced Member
What video card do you have? I have the same problems except my screen is black. Nvidia 7300 card here also doent work with Nvidia 7950 on my PC

I have an ATI 1900 XTX with 512 mb of memory and up-to-date drivers (it's in my signature.)

Nice build today, Andrew! :-)

Just one minor thing. I was doing some mucking about with the volumetric sculpting and got an error message telling me that I needed more virtual memory. Now I know what this means, but I had my 4Gb virtual memory on my E drive (and only 200 on C to save space.)

Could the problem be that 3d C only looks on the C drive for virtual memory?

(I'm running win xp home with the 3Gb memory switch and using an ATI HD card with 512 ram.)

Cheers

Doug

If so it sounds like it was an ISP, Proxy Cache problem as suggested previously...

you should check to see if your ISP is using Proxies for HTTP: It's annoying when ISP's use this system.

PS. Andrew latest builds seem to be "hanging" a lot for me...

DX version seems to become unresponsive all of a sudden.. I will investigate further...

Multithreading does help with the large brushes however!! :)

So, V25 sometimes "hangs" and you need to break it using Task Manager?

Nice build today, Andrew! :-)

Just one minor thing. I was doing some mucking about with the volumetric sculpting and got an error message telling me that I needed more virtual memory. Now I know what this means, but I had my 4Gb virtual memory on my E drive (and only 200 on C to save space.)

Could the problem be that 3d C only looks on the C drive for virtual memory?

(I'm running win xp home with the 3Gb memory switch and using an ATI HD card with 512 ram.)

Cheers

Doug

You can use any disk for virtual memory - there are setting in windows - see my tutorial on this topic.

• Advanced Member

Why is it when I post a thread (like 1132) I get no response (I did get one response asking what video card I had, but that information was already in my signature.)

Anyway, if I've done something wrong or I'm not intelligent enough to participate, I'll go away.

• Advanced Member
Why is it when I post a thread (like 1132) I get no response (I did get one response asking what video card I had, but that information was already in my signature.)

Anyway, if I've done something wrong or I'm not intelligent enough to participate, I'll go away.

I think the problem you and i are having with our video cards is becoming tough for them to fix but I have confidence that it will be sorted out. I asked what card you had before I looked at you sig LOL. Anyway the problem seems to olnly affect certain cards I have two machiens that I cant render on and they both have nvidia cards in the 7000 series range. A 7300 and a 7950 ones a mac and ones a PC and neither can render :( But I have faith in Andrew I am glad you posted because it confirmed I wasnt the only one with the problem

• Advanced Member

Take a look at #19 post of this thread:

http://3dbrush.kriska.hvosting.net/forum/i...?showtopic=1650

• Advanced Member
Updated to V26

Not so much changes.

1) Tweaking in tools, storing vox tool state

2) More powerfut grow/thaw tool

3) I hope render will work on less powerful video cards

4) Bugfixes

5) Reference meshes can be bigger now

Yes, confirm "render" now works on my old GeForce 7600 GS! in both DX/GL version.

• Advanced Member

The last build is fantastic,really fast(I have a quad core),the feeling when sculpting is becoming really good,thank you,really.

The only thing that imho really need to be done is a better memory usage,I'm not saying that now isn't good,but with such a tool it's a pity being not able to sculpt whole meshes,with 4 giga of ram I can only go up once in resolution, one more time is needed.

Bye

• Advanced Member

Confirm render works on my Nvidia 7950 WOOOHOO Crossing fingers that it will work on my mac 7300 when the mac alpha is updated. :)

Ultimate workflow now would be Sculpt, Paint/texture on volumetric surface, and retopo in sculpt mode to bake the textures and displacement and export low poly model. Now that would rock my world.