3DCoat Forums

WOHHOO! 64-bit exe works!!! I need couple of days for refinement and fixing small 64-bit specific bugs, but it works!

About transpose - I will rename it to "Posing"

Great news!, hope you have the same luck with cuda :) , im very curious to see how much speed you can gain with this technology

Great news about 64bit! If you're changing the name of transpose, may I suggest "Pose" instead? Posing sounds a little weird.

Edit: BTW right now is the first time I've been able to use Transpose for a few days and I'm very happy with it. It's doing exactly what I need and exactly how I need it.

• Advanced Member

Well sorry to say but the OSX version got one small problem. :( No gizmo.

The gizmo does not show up on my system. Mac Pro 2.6 Nvidia 7300 I can make selections but no gizmo for transposing appears. Oh well back to booting into XP :(

"transpose" is great! You should probably rename it though to avoid complications with Pixologix. How about "Sculptform"?

Really looking forward to 64-bit version!

Not sure that is a problem, many 3D programs use Transpose because it's a mathematical term.

It may seem a little silly to want to not standardize terminology as it only simplifies the issues.

Anyway no complaints either way, but just to let you know it's a legit 3D term regarding algebra.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transpose

• Advanced Member

That's a good point Scott. Still a part of being professional product is resolving potential legal issues. Couple other things:

1. what are other programs use term "Transpose" beside ZB?

2. the meaning of "Transpose" in Zb and 3DC seems to have little to do with actual mathematical term. In our case its just abbreviation

Not sure that is a problem, many 3D programs use Transpose because it's a mathematical term.

It may seem a little silly to want to not standardize terminology as it only simplifies the issues.

Anyway no complaints either way, but just to let you know it's a legit 3D term regarding algebra.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transpose