3DCoat Forums

• Advanced Member

The interface is getting nice to work with but sometimes when i switch tabs, 3DC forgets some of my docked windows. I haven't found a way to reproduce it, it seems random.

Also, the Apply UV-set., Save, Load buttons in the UV page are not correct. Apply UV-set saves a uv, Save loads a uv and Load does nothing.

• Advanced Member
I don't know how that would be possible while still keeping the docking on the right side.

I mean cancel and remove the seperate toolOption window on the left,and keep it docking on the right side.

A seperate windows in the work area is really annoying! I think the work area should be as clean as possible

I mean cancel and remove the seperate toolOption window on the left,and keep it docking on the right side.

A seperate windows in the work area is really annoying! I think the work area should be as clean as possible

Based on the screen shot, I see what you're talking about. However I'm not experiencing this bug in v78. It was present in 77 sometimes, but it was sporadic, at best. That's a bug you're seeing, not a feature.

• Advanced Member

OK,OK!my god,my bad english,my fault!

The left seperate toolOption window is from current UI design,but I don't like it ,I think the work area should be clean.It is not a bug,but a request!

the right toolOption window is what I think it should be(it is PSed.),I only think the toolOption window should be docked on left or right,not in the work area!

• Advanced Member

Alpha 78

• it's much much better than 77,most UI issued disappeared however top menu hide/display is still laggy
  • "Language" should be moved maybe to "Options" - 99.999% people never use this menu item , maybe only once
  • Edit > Options instead of View > Options
  • new shaders for displacement sculpting are needed (like in Vox mode)

• Advanced Member

Hi, I downloaded the 3D Coat 3.0 Beta for Mac, but I can't figure out how to use it. Is there a .pdf manual or instructions on how to use 3D Coat?

Also is there a "Simple" way to get started without reading the whole manual. I want to import a head and hair as separate objects and then put them on 2 separate layers.

Thanks

:mellow:

• Advanced Member

is this a bug? or i can't do this.

in paint mode, import obj object from file menu. then click on voxel tab. all i see is the pens tool and material..

update: Never mind.. i think i found it..

btw: in voxol mode, the unhide seems doesn't work

post-1409-1240954973_thumb.jpg

• Advanced Member
Hi, I downloaded the 3D Coat 3.0 Beta for Mac, but I can't figure out how to use it. Is there a .pdf manual or instructions on how to use 3D Coat?

Yes. You can get to it from the help menu. The only thing missing is the voxel tools (not written yet) but they're fairly self explanatory. If you have more questions, just ask.

• Contributor

Andrew,could you please allow dockability of the upper part of voxel menu :(.

(increase res,unhide all,clear,smooth all,render)

As a user I click on those a thousand times and I really miss having them in the default interface like before.

(or maybe you could throw them on the left,there is still some place in the left vox brushes tab.... :) )

• Contributor

Please consider improving shader selection.When you have many shaders they do not all display as mentioned earlier.I think this feature needs to be dockable and given more attention for ease of use.Thank you.

post-913-1241011419_thumb.jpg

post-913-1241011430_thumb.jpg

post-913-1241011445_thumb.jpg

Hi, I've just tried the last alpha...to check out the direct paint feature and it looks very good...

2 questions...:

is the colorpicker dockable ?

and is there a way to pick a color without clicking the "OK"-button everytime ?(slow downer)

thanks

Lucky

• Advanced Member

When you click SpaceBar menu with tools appears would be perfect for storing brushes/custom tools there !!! (now it stores default tools which is kinda useless)

Anyway,this unmovable rows of buttons in retopo/vox are not user-friendly,earlier 3DC movable popups in vox and retopo mode were much better.I think they(the floating popup windows) should come back (with dock option) and it would be fine.

Wow I just installed 78 on my laptop and it really has a hard time with the new UI. Every time I load it I see that issue with the left bar in the middle, although that goes away after clicking through the tabs. It also never remembers the right side panels, every time I load it there's nothing docked over there. Sometimes I'll see one of them floating.

Wow I just installed 78 on my laptop and it really has a hard time with the new UI. Every time I load it I see that issue with the left bar in the middle, although that goes away after clicking through the tabs. It also never remembers the right side palettes, every time I load it there's nothing docked over there. Sometimes I'll see one of them floating.

Yeah me too. You don't have to have an intel mobile video card do you?