3DCoat Forums

3D-Coat 3.7 updates thread

• Advanced Member

You can save a preset simply by going to the Presets panel and clicking the triangle in the corner. "What to store" has checkboxes for... what to store, then Add Preset to create one.

ok thanks for that.Im gonna take a look at it now

The painting on voxels sounds really cool. I cant seem to get it to work though. I have a voxel sculpt and when I go to the paint room click on the brush tool to paint nothing happens on the voxel mesh. I have the latest build that allows for this. I rarely use the paint room so I may be missing something really simple. If I go back to the voxel mesh the autopo for painting it works. Colors show up as expected on the autopo mesh.

• Advanced Member

Hello Andrew..

Yes Beta tools is checked on..

what I do..

- open a default sphere in Voxel room

- apply a shader to it

- click paint room

- nothing there

Do I miss something...? Is there an extra step to consider..?

Using 3D Coat 3.7.00RC Cuda on Win XP64

Thank you

h/

• Advanced Member

I reported this a long time ago, it seems that no mapping with two buttons works with the 3D mouse buttons and 3DC, for example Z works, but Ctrl+Z doesn't.

Ah ok, now I see. I did a search to see if anyone else had reported this but wasn't able to find anything relevant. I wasn't even sure where to post this bug since it could have been the drivers to blame, but it's obviously 3D Coat that is to blame since other apps aren't affected. Hopefully it's a simple fix for Andrew. Until then I suppose the only way to work around it is to remap stuff in 3DC to single key presses. Never any fun... :(

Can you be more specific? I'd like to know how to set up the brushes to feel better.

Trial and error my friend, trial and error. Oh and lot's of patience of course. I've been using ZBrush since 2002 and 3D Coat for only a few weeks. It's only natural that the first thing I did was try to emulate what I'm used to lol. I only just discovered how to save presets thanks to Phil answering manticor's question above and I still have much to learn. Perhaps someone more experienced can give us a link to some good tips? ;)

If it is your custom shader it will not work until shader will be modified like any of default ones. You may just copy hlsl/glsl from similar shader.

Yes my custom shader does not work, but I noticed a number of the default ones, Depth shaders in particular, also did not work.

Updated to 3.7.03C

Changes:

- painting over multiple voxel layers simultaneously.

- Connector to Photohop works with voxel painting too.

- Fill tool preview will not lag even on highpoly voxel objects.

- New tool intodiced - layer. It is intended for medical application, but will be vy useful for cloth, hardsurface modeling and many other. See example - http://3d-coat.com/files/VoxLayer.jpg

- clone tool bug fixed - http://3d-coat.com/mantis/view.php?id=459

Linux & Mac versions are sent to be built.

• Advanced Member

Updated to 3.7.03C

Changes:

- Connector to Photohop works with voxel painting too.

- Fill tool preview will not lag even on highpoly voxel objects.

- New tool intodiced - layer. It is intended for medical application, but will be vy useful for cloth, hardsurface modeling and many other. See example - http://3d-coat.com/files/VoxLayer.jpg

- clone tool bug fixed - http://3d-coat.com/m...view.php?id=459

Linux & Mac versions are sent to be built.

Already retweeted re. the latest updates. Excellent news and thanks once again Andrew and the dev team.

EDIT: Just noticed the link takes you to a 'Page not found'. Will give it a couple of mins and refresh my cache.

• Advanced Member

Great update Andrew

Just done some tests with it.And everything seems to work as it should.Apart from export of vertex colours to OBJ ,still cant use Xnormal with 3DCoat yet.Importing an LWO seams to not work with xnormal either.Maybe Im missing something .

Also noticed that LC cut off doesn't destroy the painting ,which is nice.

Love the new vox .layer ,will come in very handy for characters.

3DCoat rocks!

• Reputable Contributor

Andrew ,you keep moving the finish line.Just when I think I, am getting there , you introduce something else to learn....my brain cant keep up :wacko:

My brain has not been able to keep up since 2007... :shok:

Another great update Andrew...