3DCoat Forums

When clicking and drawing with some alphas, the actual print left on the surface faces the opposite direction of the preview alpha shown in the brush circle. This is most noticeable for the herringbone alpha.

Also, it would be nice if there was an option for the alpha's orientation to follow the direction the brush is moving.

How did you know there are spams in forum while sleeping? :huh:

Today's morning I was shocked by huge packs of dirty garbage in forum. I have deleted all that and stopped registration until webmaster will not update spam filter (he is doing it now).

I had no spam problem more then year. In previous attack I have set captcha checking during registration process and it helped.

Just wondering if any more work has been done on the speed of VS. I didn't have enough resolution to get the clean edges and details into my storm trooper helmet from above so I increased res. again (now up to 6.3m triangles) and it's just unusable. At a reasonable brush size the brush just won't move. If I make the brush any smaller it would either take weeks to get anything done or it's too small to be effective like with Pinch.

• Advanced Member
I think it's brilliant how often you update :)

I think it's insane!!! You must have a brain the size of the moon ^^

Other software developers don't even update 10% of the speed! Your IQ must be out of this world.

What's your secret? maybe i can use it to be more productive :D

Yer gonna be limited by the "OOMPH" of the video card. At 6million tris, that starts getting fun. Of course, modern High-End graphics cards have gotten cheap. ~$400 for a GTX 280.

My suspicions are that Andrew has a very good tool chain and library support.

• Contributor
Just wondering if any more work has been done on the speed of VS. I didn't have enough resolution to get the clean edges and details into my storm trooper helmet from above so I increased res. again (now up to 6.3m triangles) and it's just unusable. At a reasonable brush size the brush just won't move. If I make the brush any smaller it would either take weeks to get anything done or it's too small to be effective like with Pinch.

I would also like to see improvements in this area. I have a new piece that I would like to increase in resolution, but it brings it to 12,000,000 tris.Last time I increased res. to that size it crashed 3d coat and destroyed my sculpt file and I lost a days work.Any news on how the conversion process is going?

I think it's brilliant how often you update, and so for a bit of fun - but also to remind you how far you've come - I've scanned through the entire thread and made a complete list of changes in V3.0 so far.

Keep up the good work! :)

David, changelog is a great idea! Really helps those that don't want to scan through 30+ pages of the forum to see exactly what they missed, nice job! One suggestion I might make however, usually changelogs are dated from the bottom up, IE Andrews latest build would be towards the top rather than the bottom, so the reader doesn't have to scan all the way down to see the latest changes. Otherwise, bravo!

• Advanced Member
I see that I need to dave into CUDA soon to get lightning performance. I plan to end basic things -

- symmetrical flip

- export raw object

- follow brush (done)

Then I want to touch what really CUDA costs... I hope it will give some effect.

This is awesome but promise us that available tools will be first well defined :)

This is awesome but promise us that available tools will be first well defined :)

All tools will grow in functionality much. Performance is really important point this time. At least I should get to know what I can expect from CUDA. Theoretically it looks like designed for VS but practically.. Need to test it.

• Advanced Member
David, changelog is a great idea! Really helps those that don't want to scan through 30+ pages of the forum to see exactly what they missed, nice job! One suggestion I might make however, usually changelogs are dated from the bottom up, IE Andrews latest build would be towards the top rather than the bottom, so the reader doesn't have to scan all the way down to see the latest changes. Otherwise, bravo!

Thanks, yeah it is backwards - I was in the process of flipping it around, but I got bored and I wasn't really expecting anyone to be that interested -- anyway, the current layout is better for a creating build up :) also I wish I'd taken the time to grab dates too, oh well, it's just mean't as a rough guide heh

• Advanced Member
All tools will grow in functionality much. Performance is really important point this time. At least I should get to know what I can expect from CUDA. Theoretically it looks like designed for VS but practically.. Need to test it.

I have a question about CUDA. Will CUDA work on the Mac? I know that it works with specific graphic cards but thats all I know.

• Advanced Member

An update for wax shaders, added cavity effect. And all color values are fixed in the shader code, no need to change foreground/background color anymore.

and Ambient and Light sliders are given back their original functions.

I don't think it's just a plagiary, it has better flexibility than that one in the other app.

Try if you can orbit the light direction of any of the MatCap materials, it's impossible. :)

cheers

akira.

WaxShaders_v003.rar

post-751-1222961969_thumb.jpg

An update for wax shaders, added cavity effect.

I don't think it's just a plagiary, it has better flexibility than that one in the other app.

Try if you can orbit the light direction of any of the MatCap materials, it's impossible. :)

cheers

akira.

Thank you akira for great work!

With your help VS in 3DC looks definitely better.

I am especially love your bronze shader.

• Advanced Member
Nice!! am going to get a new Nvidia Video card with cuda ,I have a only a 7 serie :(

:lol: I have a 7600GS,I ordered a GTX260 (core216). which card are you getting? CUDA and 64-bit welcome!Andrew

• Advanced Member

I too love that bronze shader.

After I got home from work last night, I needed to chill. So I opened up build 19, grabbed the Wacom and had just the greatest time for almost two hours. Not sculpting anything in particular but just swirling and twirling and pulling and poking. This volumetric sculpting thing is just amazing. The freedom..the flow......absolutely phenomenal!!

• Advanced Member
I think it's insane!!! You must have a brain the size of the moon ^^

Other software developers don't even update 10% of the speed! Your IQ must be out of this world.

What's your secret? maybe i can use it to be more productive :D

hehe. yep, I can't help but wonder how he manages to do so much in so little time.

• Advanced Member
An update for wax shaders, added cavity effect. And all color values are fixed in the shader code, no need to change foreground/background color anymore.

and Ambient and Light sliders are given back their original functions.

cheers

akira.

I am still getting those concentric circles around the model when using this shader and the bronze shader. Also does not seem to work in the gl version