3DCoat Forums

• Advanced Member
This is what I am getting--did not have the problem with V20 and before.

(The suggested options on the dropdown are not effective)

Brian

Maybe you should restart your computer and try again?

• Advanced Member
Don't worry, Mac version is coming today. I have filished late evening yesterday and was not able to produce Mac build.

I slightly worry about "Render" - will it work on Mac or not, but anyway it should be checked.

Eheh, you're my hero. Why don't you sell your secrets about "how it's possible to make real promises" to Pixologic or NextLimit for one million dollar?

-TOXE

Not to go off topic about the alpha, but Mudbox 2009 30 day trial is up on autodesk's website:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index...amp;id=10707763

One of the things that kind of disappoints me a bit is that massive "smoothing" with the smooth brush still needs to be done on the lower subdivision levels, while jumping levels is pretty speedy, one of the things I like about Zbrush and the 3d-coat Alpha is that massive smoothing responds well at high density, making it feel much more like digital clay. Generally, Mudbox surfaces have always had more of a "resistance" to surface changes. I always liked to compare Mudbox to oil-based clay and Zbrush to water-based clay.

-Rod

Not to go off topic about the alpha, but Mudbox 2009 30 day trial is up on autodesk's website:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index...amp;id=10707763

One of the things that kind of disappoints me a bit is that massive "smoothing" with the smooth brush still needs to be done on the lower subdivision levels, while jumping levels is pretty speedy, one of the things I like about Zbrush and the 3d-coat Alpha is that massive smoothing responds well at high density, making it feel much more like digital clay. Generally, Mudbox surfaces have always had more of a "resistance" to surface changes. I always liked to compare Mudbox to oil-based clay and Zbrush to water-based clay.

-Rod

I have looked that demo. Painting is very simple, but sculpting is fast.

SSAO and DOF looks not very good IMO.

I have not found how to turn on shadows.

I have looked that demo. Painting is very simple, but sculpting is fast.

SSAO and DOF looks not very good IMO.

I have not found how to turn on shadows.

You need to select the light in the "object list" panel and down towards the bottom is a "shadows" pull down, check "cast shadows".

I also just realized that all brushes(including smooth) can "overclock" past 100%, you just need to type the intensity in. Makes smooth much more powerful at high density.

• Advanced Member

About Mudbox it seems to use the same system as yours.

It bake a normal map ontop of a lowpolymesh.

Because when I tried to import a big mesh (around 800K polys) you can see a warning window saying that importing this kind of mesh is not optimal for mudbox.

Maybe you inspired them :D

• Advanced Member
OSX version uploaded. But - I am not sure that Render will work fine, please report how it works. If something goes wrong press ESC.

Thanks! Now it's time for a good coffee while playing with the new toy:-)

-TOXE

Hi all,

how it works (if it work for now) the "to polygones" function? I can't see anything after press it.

OSX alpha 25

-TOXE

I was going to ask that myself, it seems that it's broken in the latest version. I'm using the Windows 24 version, press the button and switch to the retopology tools and nothing shows up.

Smooth all it not working or i don't see any differences on the model, needs to have some slider or something.

"well works with low resolution models but any way needs to have be improve."

On higher res models I had to push the button a few times.

• Advanced Member
Press the "to polygones" button, wait a second or two, go to -> File -> Export model (obj,lwo)

Hi Ondrej

the > File -> Export model (obj,lwo) command is inactive after one minute...

Thanks

-TOXE

At least I managed how to get performance growth from multicore CPU-s. Now (int next update) it works faster on multiple CPU-s.

Woohoo, Wow, I only mentioned it a few days back, Thankyou very much for your efforts on the MT.

Looking forward to trying the next release.

• Contributor

Andrew

Still having update download problems.

On post 1 of this thread it only details info up to version 21? A file size downloads of47.6MB--which wont install.

My V20 install had a bigger file size of 48.3MB?

Just too messy for me to fiddle any more---hope you can find a solution to accesing a clean current file version to download.

Brian

• Advanced Member
Andrew

Still having update download problems.

On post 1 of this thread it only details info up to version 21? A file size downloads of47.6MB--which wont install.

My V20 install had a bigger file size of 48.3MB?

Just too messy for me to fiddle any more---hope you can find a solution to accesing a clean current file version to download.

Brian

Hi Bri!,

I think the latest version is in post 1 but the info just hasn't been updated.

Did you see Andrew's reply saying that your previous run of 3DCoat was still stuck in memory and needed to be terminated manually?

• Contributor
Hi Bri!,

I think the latest version is in post 1 but the info just hasn't been updated.

Did you see Andrew's reply saying that your previous run of 3DCoat was still stuck in memory and needed to be terminated manually?

Yes----BUT, NO WAY would I follow all the things that arrived----toooooo complicated and not worth the risk.

Brian

• Advanced Member
Yes----BUT, NO WAY would I follow all the things that arrived----toooooo complicated and not worth the risk.

Brian

Well if you're unsure about removing a fozen task from memory then you can simply reboot your computer. :)