3DCoat Forums

Bugzzz

Andrew Shpagin

Merging for per pixel has a few bugs, I don't think it's anything I'm doing. Here you can see several of the more major wrinkles on my character have these strange lines going across them

2009-04-30_2312.png2009-04-30_2313.png

Here there are some very sharp lines that will only smooth away in sculpt mode and even then not always. These were edges of the retopo mesh that were are fairly sharp angles.

2009-04-30_2315.png

2009-04-30_2323.png

The back of the head had a large divot in it which I sort of smoothed at the loss of some detail. Speaking of detail, I'm losing a lot of it in the transition. Many of my character's pores are softer looking. One could argue that my texture size is too small (4096), but that same size looks better when used with microvertex.

• Applink Developer

There seems to be a bug. I'm using v79. And if you follow these steps:

1. Go to sculpt mode and "quadrangulate object"

3. File->New

4. go to sculpt mode and then retopo mode. Choose Point&Faces. You can make points but not faces.

• Advanced Member

alpha 80SIMPLE DX:

- fill tool and using a custom texture (with both types of mapping) has no real relation from

preview to final output in terms of scale.

*edit* Looks like the non-matching size between the pen in 3D camera versus 2D 'View/edit/tweak

textures' window is back (second image)

post-475-1241218091_thumb.jpg

post-475-1241219328_thumb.jpg

I've narrowed down the stuck parameter bug,

it appears to only happen with focal shift in voxel mode.

There is also a different bug effecting falloff.

I've attached an image which, hopefully,

explains both issues.

Thanks,

Jeff

post-1222-1241448971_thumb.jpg

I've narrowed down the stuck parameter bug,

it appears to only happen with focal shift in voxel mode.

There is also a different bug effecting falloff.

I've attached an image which, hopefully,

explains both issues.

Thanks,

Jeff

I just tested this one out, and can confirm it.

• Advanced Member

great start on the reference plane implementation, Andrew!

a few questions/requests/bugs, of course. :)

- bug with disappearing editing panel for the background images(couldn't find a way to get the panel back)

- x-plane and z-plane seem to point in opposite directions than expected

- z-plane image seems flipped in Y direction

- button to 'lock/unlock' planes from movement would be handy

- ability to 'undo' movement with ctrl-z might be nice (I know you can reset, but only

undo-ing last movement might be handy too)

I've included a screenshot, and some image plane graphics if needed.

Awesome work, all-in-all, Andrew!

post-475-1241543839_thumb.jpg

post-475-1241543903_thumb.jpg

post-475-1241543912_thumb.jpg

• Advanced Member

alpha82 SIMPLE DX:

- Occlusion calculation on an object with multiple sub-objects (per-pixel painting) seems

to have a problem with locked/hidden sub-objects. Ran the calculation on the object below

with the 'lid' and 'wheels' locked and hidden. Result is that they became painted with complete

occlusion. :(

post-475-1242059438_thumb.jpg

• Advanced Member

Alpha 83 CUDA:

Symmetry when using 'Draw by spots' and 'Rotate along motion direction' (under Pen Options)

is incorrect on the mirrored side (all symmetry planes seem to have a problem)...looks like it's

actually being rotated 90-degrees. This appears to affect the first 6-7 voxel tools (hard to tell with

'Fill' and 'Airbrush' tools).

*EDIT*

Not sure if it's a 'bug', but also in 83 CUDA:

- tear off Voxel panel (from uppermost File, Edit, View, etc. area) and pin it.

- move mouse back over the uppermost Voxel tab and your pinned tab goes away (to be seen back

where your mouse is)

This is kinda cumbersome behavior...if I pinned it somewhere, I expect it to stay pinned there until I

'un-pin' it. :)

**EDIT 2**

- Old Camera hotkeys don't seem to work properly in voxel panel or paint panel (numpad keys not assigned

nor assignable to camera as shortcuts)

- think it's been requested by a few folks that selecting an ortho view (top, front, left, etc.) should lock the

camera to that particular view (so no perspective rotation).... I'm in agreement. :D

***EDIT 3***

- Stamp mode creates bad artifacting (that's virtually not undo-able) once the stamp size reaches what seems

to be over 50% of the object. (2nd picture)

post-475-1242241735_thumb.jpg

post-475-1242267472_thumb.jpg

Moved here from another thread

=====

A number of things didn't show up (Shader previews, Params for voxel tools) after installing. I had to uninstall and reinstall.

A few bugs for build 83:

-When using the new popup panels (spacebar), all clicks are carried through to the viewport

-Scrape tool gets really jittery when using the soft scrap tick box, turning it doesn't stop the jittering

-When using the voxel Spikes tool, and selecting:

Pentips>dome1.obj

Pentips>dome1.obj

Pentips>dome1.obj

The curve jitters all over the place, lesser so with the following, but still happens:

Pentips>Rec1.obj

Pentips>Rec2.obj

Pentips>Rec3.obj

Pentips>Rec4.obj

And probably more. This didn't happen with build 82.

Alpha 83 cuda: I have an voxel-object, that is impossible to retopo manually. The retopo-polygons are invisible after setting.

My fault: I've tried to retopo the wrong side. I've always tried to retopo the opposite site of the object, the mirrored one. It is not possible, to retopo on both sides, right?

• Contributor

Alpha 83 cuda 64 DX

1)sometimes the new shader menu becomes empty and I need to rip it and redock it back

to the right to make the shaders reappear.

I have no idea how to reproduce, it doesn't seam to be linked to a specific action

also: when creating a new shader I never get asked which base shader to choose,it seams that this step

has been skiped.

2)undo of pose is still buggy, undo only the last step or just stop working completely

redo doesn't work at all.(pose/transform(create weird result))

3)redo doesn't work with move brush

4)redo creates artifacts with a lot of voxel brushes

5)for unknown reasons the wonderful new scrape brush and flatten have

started to work erratic (just when I was getting used to them)

here is a screeshot:(I wish I could do a movie)

situation:the brush cursor and the actual point I'm sculpting are getting

away from each others like when you try to stick two magnets together.

Also the brushes have barely no effects.

I don't know what I did wrong to make this happen...

but more importantly I cannot revert it,usually I clone the layer and it solves problems like that

but not this time.

edit:I know the problem is because I used pose and transform to scale parts of the model,

it seems scrape and flatten doesn't like that.Also they act erractic over holes and deep crevices.

6)the problem about brushes not working when loadind a .3b file over another one is back.

Alpha 83, DX:

When you using a navigation style that resizes the brush size/intensity OUTSIDE of an object, the brush isn't visible, but is still completing the action. You can see the changes once you mouse over an object in your scene.

Another bug.

Alpha 83, DX:

When you are using the Retopo>Quad>2 Click Method tool with symmetry, sometimes it will go crazy and the poly will distort in an abnormal way along the symmetry plane.

In the video that I emailed to you, you can see it at 6m29s.

Another bug:

Build 83, DX:

When using a material in the Paint Room/Tab in Per Pixel Painting mode to paint color in the UV Viewport, I'm getting crazy distortions with the material on the object. It doesn't represent what the material truly is. Also while painting directly on the mesh itself with the aforementioned scenario in a 3D viewport, I was unable to paint.