3DCoat Forums

Bugzzz

Andrew Shpagin

• Contributor

Just wanted to remind you of a bug Phil pointed out earlier.Opacity of shaders doesn't allow you to see the object in back of it.I know you said you would fix it but just wanted to remind you.

Edit:It may just be some shaders.I loaded some of my old shaders in here and the one I tested didn't show transparency but the one I'm working with now does.I will let you know which ones may have problems.

post-913-1242844636_thumb.jpg

• Applink Developer

Andrew, first of all great job with v84. It's very good RC version. Here is one thing that I would like you to think.

I really like that you can render out both sculpt models( shaded) with DP painted models and I think that this can be a very good trick to do sometimes but there is a small

bug. I created two diffrent layers in Voxels mode and created two spheres, both are in diffrent layer. Then I take one of those spheres and "quadrangulate for per pixel" and paint something here is a picture about. Now when I'm going to render tab I can see both spheres which is exactly what I want.Here is a pic.

post-1165-1242847615_thumb.jpg

But if I increase res of that layer where is voxel model. Then I can't see my per pixel model anymore. Maybe you can work with that when you have time. But thanks again. this is best sculting program.

A few bugs.

Alpha 84, DX:

1) Reported this one already to you, but just in case anyone missed in the thread... All parameters for Retopo tools are missing. Andrew said he was on this one already. Will be fixed soon.

2) Retopo tools are going nuts... See the video attached. Easily reproducible. I assume this has something to do with the missing Param tab for Retopo tools.

http://www.screencast.com/t/fny2gHituOl

3) The lock icon next to radius in all Rooms/Tabs do not seem to work. (Reported for Cinnamon, confirmed by me). Check the video for this one as well.

http://www.screencast.com/t/fBlxGGPC

4) This one is new in 84. Sometimes after retopologising and unwrapping then attempting to export out a raw mesh, and then importing and keeping UVs, nothing will display in the viewport (even though there are UVs). I believe there is some corruption going on with the file upon exporting. I will test this one further, but I've had it happen 3 times now on 3 test files in a row, only retrying again on the 3rd file did it work OK, after uninstalling and reinstalling 3DC Alpha 84 DX simple.

• Advanced Member

alpha 84 Mac special bug:

These two bugs are still in alpha 84 Mac version.

1. Render doesn't works for painted model, only works for voxel model.

2. Couldn't use Spike/Snake tool with panorama background, otherwise 3DC will be freeze.

I can validate bug 1 is a Mac special bug; bug 2 is a GL version bug(Both Mac version and GL version for PC)

Very minor bug, just a typo really. In the options panel for adjust reference image planes it says "precview" instead of "preview" then the arrow on the right side of that gets cut off by the text box. So if the typo was fixed it would also fix the arrow problem.

2009-05-20_2334.png

Another bug is still present from the last version-- If you have a voxel model open, then you open another one, all of the shaders disappear from the panel. Plus if you close the shader panel you can't open it again. 3DC has to be restarted to get them back.

With the new sliders a little bug has appeared with the Shaders. If you go to edit a shader, the old opacity slider is missing, but you can still slide in the area where it used to be.

v84 32 bit CUDA DX & GL, can't check SIMPLE at the moment

Options>Text and White Icons Color

If you make this setting a dark color, all check boxes become dark too.

Which makes it impossible to tell visually if the check box is active or inactive.

This is new behavior in v84.

Possibly because the check boxes are now "3d style"?

I wish we had the option to turn this 3D effect off,

as you can with buttons, for both check boxes and the tab bars.

Thanks,

Jeff

post-1222-1242889786_thumb.jpg

Андрей, прочитай,плиз, ветку в русском разделе форума, много багов остались и существуют на текущий момент.

Не вопрос, исправлю, просто там непростые глюrи :) Я туда регулярно смотрю.

I was trying to create a navigation preset where you could not rotate the view no matter what, this way you could work in Orthographic front /side / top views and not have to worry about accidentally rotating the view. Unfortunately even though I unchecked all of the boxes for Alt+LMB it still rotates with that command. I'll attach my preset. BTW it would be nice if saved presets would show up in the list along with "3D Coat" and "Maya".

2009-05-21_1857.png

Ortho.zip

Hey Phil,

They do show up there, just be sure you save them first. :)

If you want to change a function to a custom one, instead of unticking the boxes, but rather change the operation itself entirely (the option in the drop down list). You'll then get the results you desire.

Oh, OK I just deleted the event, that makes more sense. It still doesn't show up in the drop-down list though. Maybe I have to reload the program before it will show. Of course I saved it if I attached the file to my post. :p I even saved it to the same folder as the others.

• Applink Developer

post-1165-1242980012_thumb.jpg

1. Goto Voxels mode (Start with default sphere)

2. Use Pose tool and select half sphere and scale it down.

3. Take build tool and try to remove surface on the half you scaled.

4. Result: It leaves unwanted marks. It seems that this occurs only when you use Pose scale option. Move and Rotate works fine.

V85: Cavity display bug.

This bug appears in version 85 again. In Version 84 it was fixed, first time on my system. But in v84 there was a shadow bug, too.

And now in v85: the shadow bug is gone, but the cavity display bug appears again.

Following a video, that shows it.

I am using a GeForce 8800 GTS with 512 MB memory.

Regards

Chris

-> Example Video (7,5 MB - DivX)

• Advanced Member

Here are some issues I've found in Alpha 85:

* If you move the preferences dialogue so that it crosses a screen edge - the contents of the dialog disappear (they still respond to button clicks though)

* There are unused or deprecated entries on perferences dialog: "Compact Interface", "Show Import thumbnails on start page", "Show interface thumbnails on start page"

* No way of enabling tooltips without also enabling the large hint boxes. More of a request - please make this seperate? or move the large hint boxes into a panel I can hide manually :pardon:

* Enabling a texture material makes the 'Preview options appear' however it's default position is still from v2 -- it should be centred within the viewport area instead of the main app window.

* In 'cube mapping' mode while painting - the opacity % is internally locked to 50% instead of using the setting from the combo box (please also add settings here for 75% and 100% please - I think this will very useful in cube map mode)

* Popups > "Quick Panel" does not match the visual style of the new UI. This is a very convenient popup though!

* UV tweaking no longer works in the Textures > "Texture UV editor" window. Please add this functionality to the UV page instead!

* Clicking a menu heading (View, etc.) - clicking a simple fast option like 'Specular Only', etc. - then moving back and clicking the 'View' menu again will cause the popup to appear briefly but then disappear - requiring you to click again. The menus don't feel very stable when this happens :(

Great work though!

• Contributor
Can anyone confirm this? Its driving me nuts <_<

hmmm...I tried ,but no such artifacts are appearing when I add depth in DP.

but,(to Andrew)

I still get uv seams everywhere when using merge for DP (native 3DC automapping + native quadrangulated model with default setting)

+little small black lines here and there...

also it seems there is a lot of traces of the lowpoly "inside" the normal map (I don't get this when using Xnormal with lowpoly+voxelmesh)

and this is the same for ALL of my models.

Also,on another topic,it seems quadrangulation is sensible to both position in space and space density,it would be good if you were able to tell us wahat are the best optimal settings to use.

Alpha85 DX cuda 64

vista premium 64

nvdia gtx280

6gb ram

• Advanced Member

I've still got 2 major bugs in depth / pixel painting mode :

When i use a variable brush radius or a variable pressure stroke (in this case, the artifacts are less visible) i've got circle artifacts along the stroke.

When i don't subdivide at all the model, facets are visible when i paint depth.

When i clear a scene and import a new model for pixel painting for example, the pen option window don't have any visible parameters.

I have to tear off the panel to gert the infos back.

post-476-1243102101_thumb.jpg

Small UI bug in 85. I started to Import For Per Pixel, then canceled. When I cancelled a whole group of my panels that were docked disappeared. The group included Layers, Blending, Objects, and Materials (the materials with the objects, not the one with the textures) I was able to open them all from the Windows > Popups menu to put them back except for Blending. After restarting 3DC a couple times I got it to load from the Layers menu.

Speaking of the "Materials" confusion, I think the one with the textures should be called Materials, the other one should be Surfaces to avoid confusion.

In Pose you still can't paint smoothing onto the mask that you've painted on with the pen.

Painting said mask is very sluggish for me, even if I hide all of the model that I'm not working on.

In voxels hiding doesn't have an option to expand or contract the hidden area. I tried + and - on the Num Pad and nothing happened.

In Pose you still can't paint smoothing onto the mask that you've painted on with the pen.

Painting said mask is very sluggish for me, even if I hide all of the model that I'm not working on.

I can confirm the pose bug as well. It's acting a LOT more sluggish then before. It's really hard to use at the moment even.

(I have sent you these to your email too, Andrew)

Edited for taste.

I mentioned this before and I thought it was fixed, but I'm still able to drag retopo points away from the model.

http://screencast.com/t/iIJtm2GAy

In fact it's almost difficult to make sure they stick to the model when you create them.

It also looks like strokes no longer work for creating a ring around an arm for example. I draw several strokes across the model, starting from outside and ending in outside, then one down the middle. Then I hit Enter and nothing happens except the strokes disappear.