3DCoat Forums

3D-Coat 3.5 updates thread

"Raul is there in Ukraine, lives in my flat, things will go better :) "

What's a wonderful information...Andrew+Raul togheter...wonderful couple.We expet some

amazing news in few days..Come on guys!

@Andrew Thank you for this great (as usual) update..I think that also the long whished radial simmetry

feature was included in this release but I can wait..Or not? :rolleyes:

• Advanced Member

is there a way to use the LC feature while using the other brushes in surface mode? Can you tick it on somehow and use the other brushes with it turned on or can you just change the alphas on the LC "brush"? I'd really like to use a LC pinch brush.

• Applink Developer

is there a way to use the LC feature while using the other brushes in surface mode? Can you tick it on somehow and use the other brushes with it turned on or can you just change the alphas on the LC "brush"? I'd really like to use a LC pinch brush.

Not yet, but it is in TODO list :)

For the moment you can use LC with no depth, then pinch, that's what I've been doing.

• Reputable Contributor

minor display bug with 3.5.23A

polygons dissapear while painting. moving the camera seems to fix it.

I get that from time to time...I think Andrew said it had something to do with the latest version of CUDA. I also have my Brush cursor disappear at times and the only thing I think of to rectify the problem is to close 3D Coat and restart. That's a big PITA when working with a heavy scene.

There are huge problems when using multi-res and Live Clay together, after restoring the res the mesh is a mess and it starts tearing apart if you use smooth to fix it.

2011-08-04_2030.png

If the idea is that you are not supposed to use them both together I can understand that, but then something should be done to prevent people from doing it. For example as soon as LC tools are used at all the hard drive icon could be greyed out. or the LC tools could disappear when using a reduced res mesh.

Please drop me object to support (3b), I will look what happened.

It happen in every case when you want to export object. Create Cylinder, add some detail and increase resolution, it freezes every time when you want reduction during export. I've tested 3DC 3.5.22C and export works fine, question is if it is same exporter as in 23/23A?

There are huge problems when using multi-res and Live Clay together, after restoring the res the mesh is a mess and it starts tearing apart if you use smooth to fix it.

2011-08-04_2030.png

If the idea is that you are not supposed to use them both together I can understand that, but then something should be done to prevent people from doing it. For example as soon as LC tools are used at all the hard drive icon could be greyed out. or the LC tools could disappear when using a reduced res mesh.

Ok, this is fixed, thanks for reporting. But in proxy mode you will not be able to use LC. All what you may in proxy deform.

Of course you may use LC in non proxy mode and perform more global deformations through proxy.

• Applink Developer

I confirm: nice stroke quality enhancement, in 3.5.22 there was some scattering of "poles" in the trail of a brush stroke, it's almost gone in 3.5.23. It doesn't do those "blob lines" anymore, and that's awesome. There's not much use to add a relax to smooth now as the poly dsitribution is much more uniform and smoothing is easier.

The few LC bug squashing also made the experience much more confortable, since 3.5.23 I didn't need to "remesh" by switching back to voxel to correct liveclay artefacts. There's probably other cases I didn't encounter yet, but for my use it's very nice so far.

Good job here pilgway !drinks.gif

I think that I always sound a bit like a fanboy but here we go again. LC really start to be a great tool for artist. I have been testing

LC quite a bit and really loving it. There is still couple issues left and time to time there is sudden crashes, but every beta release has

been better and better so I'm excited.

Also I like how Andrew and Raul is building this LC feature together. It really feels that they are taking their time to build top notch sculpting program.

And it really starts to show.

Win version updated to 3.5.23B

Changes:

- LC quality improved (no stars), better speed

- not hangy export from voxels in 64 bit version

- correct work with caching and LC

- Curves & symmetry issue fixed - http://bit.ly/qo3dsV

- Text/Picture/Curve tool node deleting bug fixed - http://bit.ly/o2lHbG

Linux version updated to 3.5.23A, Mac version expected soon (should be 3.5.23B).

Delay with Mac version related to attempt to make 3D mouse support in 64 bit version.

• Advanced Member

I still cant see Brush thumbnails although the brush images are visible when mouse is over them, if anyone can shed some light as to why

this is happening please help an old guy out thanks :(

post-536-0-30605200-1312649552_thumb.jpg

Nice, fast update :)

I've got a question.

Last time I was using Linux version there was CUDA 3.0 support only, now we have CUDA 4.x.

Is 3D Coat (Linux) compatible with CUDA 4?

If not what version of CUDA is compatible with Linux 3D Coat?

On Windows there is no problem, cause you install drivers, you run 3D Coat, and you don't worry about version of CUDA.

• Applink Developer

Is cutoff working for anyone ? I couldn't get it working on 3.5.23A and still in B.

Hi!

Can you confirm that it works before going to proxy mode but not after coming back from proxy mode? At least that happen in my computer.