3DCoat Forums

V4.1 BETA (experimental 4.1.17D)

Earlier today 3DC crashed and asked me to save the file before it did. So I just added a new number to the file name I had and saved. After restarting 3DC I went to load the file and noticed that instead of the file having .3B on the end it has .tempfile. When I try to load that it takes a long time and then my computer blue screens. My last auto save file is the same way. Tempfile and blue screen.

It could be good to get lastautosave to analyse what happened. Does .tempfile. appears after regular saving?

Keep the brush info position Description Please keep the brush tip information position if the toolbar scrolls up or down. Don't scroll the brush header too, please.

See my screenshot for additional infos.

http://3d-coat.com/mantis/view.php?id=617#bugnotes

• Advanced Member

hello...

I really have an issue with 3d coat atm.... if I try to import a scanned file, it refuses to open the file (obj.), I mean it does not even read the file, I see directly the voxel panel, and clicking auto scale leaves the counter at 0...

this is in all 3D coat version 3.7.18.F and 4 (last beta5)

Where do I go fro; here... the scan is 24 million triangles

h/

• Reputable Contributor

hello...

I really have an issue with 3d coat atm.... if I try to import a scanned file, it refuses to open the file (obj.), I mean it does not even read the file, I see directly the voxel panel, and clicking auto scale leaves the counter at 0...

this is in all 3D coat version 3.7.18.F and 4 (last beta5)

Where do I go fro; here... the scan is 24 million triangles

h/

Try and send the file to Andrew (you can upload it from within the app. through the Help menu > Upload large file to 3D Coat Support. Once it's uploaded, I would try to e-mail Andrew directly and let him know it's urgent and to see if he can merge it in

• Advanced Member

Small bug I found in per-pixel painting: shift to constrain to an angle doesn't work for the eraser. It just smoothes.

This is in Beta3, I can't test in a newer beta right now so if someone could confirm that'd be much appreciated.

edit: it would also be great if this would work with things like the copy/paste tool.

hello, thank you.... mmm stupid question... how do you disable cuda...?

edit : found it... dohh... but that did not help... :(

h/

Try using the simple/non-cuda version, maybe that will help. (It is rare, but sometimes the CUDA tick box doesn't work)

• Advanced Member

Hello guys,

Can somebody tells me if the Retopo>"use name correspondence for baking " works.

I tick this option and check the correspondence (all the correspondence was found).

But i still have the projection of others volume where it shouldn't.

It doesn't look to work here on the 4.beta5 or on the lastest v3.

Thank you,

Pixo

• Advanced Member

Hello there,

I'm a bit late to tell my opinion about Beta V4; beta 5 has already been released.

But anyway... I waited a few days before adding a comment here because I was not sure

whether I had issues with 3d-Coat V4 or if my PC was simply too lame and old.

Though a lot of tools have been added to the Retopo room, I think the previous versions are more stable and fine.

I had issues with a model that was too fat for my poor 6 Gb RAM memory pc, and decided to cut it in pieces

to be more comfortable when working on each part (saved each piece as a different file).

But the problems I was facing (Forced program interruption without warning) never stopped in the Retopo room.

In the worst case, I draw one poly with "Add or cut" and the application is shut down. I found it strange because

the model is rather light now. Why + one more poly close 3d-Coat?

Then I came back to 3.7.08B, opened the same file and worked an hour without having any issue.

Is there other users having the same problem?

I also noticed that, in the previous versions, it was possible while drawing polygons with "Add & Cut" to

point in an empty area and rotate the camera around the model to navigate. Because it was en empty space

you could go on drawing polygons on the model without a pointer stuck in the air.

Now, with V4, if by mistake you click on an empty space, the pointer stay still and wait you to draw the next point.

You have no choice, but drawing a quad that you know it is not correct, erase it and start again.

It is a little thing, but it is a lot for me.

I hope these problems will be fixed, don't want to go back to paper and pencils :)

I also think that efforts needs retribution. Don't throw me rotten tomatoes :)

Long live to 3d-Coat!

• Advanced Member

To be more precise about what I wrote above:

The model I was working on with V4 was a surface mode one.

I tried to retopo above a surface mode mesh.

When I said I opened the same file in V3.7.08B, it is not totally true

for the model was automatically turned into voxel.

In other words, I'd like to ask: Is it bad to retopo on a surface model?

If so, why can we do it in the V4?

• Advanced Member

@Garagarape - I was having some issues with autopo and retopo on my Thing sculpt, but David (Digman) showed me a way in which you copy the surface mode sculpt. Then reduce that to voxels. Have only the cloned layer visible and then run autopo or retopo on that layer. Then when you merge to the paint room hide the cloned layer and make the original surface layer visible.

I've found another issue with LC, but also what I think is a fix. I'll post later when I get back in the office.

• Reputable Contributor

Please understand that even though Beta 4 is built largely on 3.7 versions that we are now in a True Open Beta testing for version 4. If you want to do more stable work pick a version of 3.7 that works for you the best and yes all pass versions had some bugs but some were more stable than others.

In the 3.7 series we all wanted to test the new stuff whether we decided to really be a beta/ bug reporting tester or not.

If you decide to test Beta version 4 please if possible report all beta 4 bugs on Mantis...

Of course no one has to be a bug reporter beta tester as this is open beta.

No one is going to throw rotten tomatoes if you post problems here at the fourm, In fact Andrew fixed a problem I reported here before I had the chance to post a bug report. Just try to report in a way Andrew can reproduce it.

I also really want version 4 to be released very clean and stable. The most stable and clean version ever in the history of 3DCoat. I have been using the software for 5 years and in my opinion from a business \ user point of view it is really necessary.

The above opinion is all my own at least some of the time... :o

• Reputable Contributor

Yes of course it is Beta.

I had a look at Mantis on this page:

http://www.mantisbt.org/

Will install the soft when back home.

Is there a kind of setup to directly send bug repport to Andrew's team?

Thanks!

No need to install anything. Just sign up and you can start posting bug reports directly to the Andrew's team... :)

http://3d-coat.com:8...s/main_page.php

Wasn't there supposed to be Collada (.dae) export beta since 3.7.18?

I can't see in the menus/file types shown in 3.7.18F and 4.00 B5 Mac Version. Beta tools is enabled in prefs. Is it somewhere hidden or is it not in the Mac build yet?

@Candy-floss Kid: System requirements for 3.7 (stable) is stated on the download page as being OSX 10.4.5 minimum. But I would doubt that testing with all OSs up to 6 years old is a priority in beta development.

• Reputable Contributor

Wasn't there supposed to be Collada (.dae) export beta since 3.7.18?

I can't see in the menus/file types shown in 3.7.18F and 4.00 B5 Mac Version. Beta tools is enabled in prefs. Is it somewhere hidden or is it not in the Mac build yet?

It is only in the Window's builds at the moment. Andrew said more work has to be on the collada (.dae) for Linux and Mac. Whether the 3.7.18F versions of Linux and Mac will get the collada support I do not know but it is coming for Linux and Mac in one of the upcoming 4 betas...