3DCoat Forums

• Advanced Member
I'm not able to upload images anymore...... :(

it's written:Upload failed. Please ask the administrator to ensure the uploads directory is writeable

Me too, i need to show a bug with cloth and quadrangulation...

-TOXE

• Advanced Member

Andrew, after some tests i've noticed that quadrangulation work fine now but if you insert a cloth in the scene the object is corrupted, stressed and something. I'll post an image as soon someone will repair upload on forum.

-TOXE

• Advanced Member
Updated to V59 - both Win & OSX

I have fixed bugs and prolonged trial.

The forum problem will be fixed soon. We moved forum to new location, so it happened...

Good! You've fixed also 3dconnexion problem? So i need the drivers installed on my machine?

Thanks

-TOXE

• Advanced Member
Andrew,

argh! Undo don't work on the latest alpha... Sorry to give you bad news :huh:

-TOXE

Undo works for me.. Maybe just MAC?

I also got my trial days back!! Thanks.. :)

I only had 30 days left but now I have 45.. Ill try not to take advantage of this situation.. I already know that I am going to buy this software :) ..

• Advanced Member
Undo works for me.. Maybe just MAC?

I also got my trial days back!! Thanks.. :)

I only had 30 days left but now I have 45.. Ill try not to take advantage of this situation.. I already know that I am going to buy this software :) ..

Hi Routb3d,

yes, i think it's Mac related only...

-TOXE

• Advanced Member

When painting with a material with cubemapping in voxel mode (have not yet tested in paint mode), transforming the texture is messed up (hard to explain). Can anybody confirm?

It also moves my mouse to the bottom right corner of the screen when I let go. Strange problem.

Edit: it happens in paint mode too.

• Advanced Member

Just to be clear. These are the controls i'm having a problem with (attached). no matter how lightly I touch them, it shrinks the texture to a super-small size and moves my mouse to the bottom right corner of the screen. (osx alpha 59). Sadly it makes both masks and materials completely un-usable unless I use the default size and settings.

post-1287-1235073140_thumb.png

The cloth simulator is neat, especially the ability to push and pull the cloth around during the simulation.

Interesting, I hadn't thought to try moving the cloth during the simulation. That explains the tool tip for the gravity slider "Set this value to zero to control the cloth flight better in realtime."

Is the default cloth supposed to have 2 sheets?

Found and reported another crash bug. It crashes when you try to sculpt with a hidden object selected.

Just to be clear. These are the controls i'm having a problem with (attached). no matter how lightly I touch them, it shrinks the texture to a super-small size and moves my mouse to the bottom right corner of the screen. (osx alpha 59). Sadly it makes both masks and materials completely un-usable unless I use the default size and settings.

Solved, OSX version updated

• Applink Developer

Thanks Andrew! I had only 5 minutes to try a new alpha but I really like the new shader settings.Very easy and powerful. Making your own shaders with 3d-coat could't be easier than this. Wonderful job Andrew. Maybe in the future it would be nice if there is on/off check box too.

• Advanced Member

I found a use for cloth as a modeling tool (attached). It's just a default sphere with the default cloth, the surface clay brush to flatten down the top, increase tool to bulge the wax and cut of the bottom with rectangle "e" mode, and a curve tool for the wick. I imagine it could be used for anything that "drips". Perhaps hair...

post-1287-1235081748_thumb.png

• Advanced Member
Now we need a simple fluid sim. ;)

There are already fluid simulators out there that export point cloud data. Since 3d coat can import that data (in theory), you could use an external simulator. What i'm waiting for is 3d coat to be able to *export* point cloud data since blender's volumetrics branch (sim_physics) now supports importing the point cloud data as a 3d texture.

http://mke3.net/weblog/radiohead-point-density/