3DCoat Forums

V4.1 BETA (experimental 4.1.17D)

• Advanced Member

btw, after I subdivided a retopo mesh (from auto retopo), and opening the model, Modo tells me half normals needed to be fixed... (obj.)

h/

for the problem I have had above...

I opened a fresh 3D coat; imported the retopo mesh

applied the disp map I had exported... (3Dcoat told me disp was 27.6), but when I entered that value... it was twice to big... reducing it at 50% solved everything, clone tool works..

PS. the clone tool ... for disp cloning it's good... but color cloning... you can't get a soft brush.. at least with small brushes... medium to large brushes are improved...

h/

Testing Beta5 and really liking the progress, just lovely!

I'm not sure if these are related to v4 beta or not, but here goes.

In the Paint room Texture Editor window, the closed spline mode (from the Brush Operations panel) is slightly wonky. Right clicking a spline point doesn't change the point into a sharp one, or back - like it does in the 3d view. I can change them fine through the Edit Points Table, but it's slow with a bigger spline setup.

Features I'd like to see for the Texture Editor window:

- Lock the splines in the UV space so they won't skid around as you pan across the texture

- Lock the 2D grid in place as well, it's slightly annoying to re-align it every time after panning.

- Have multiple closed splines active at the same time

Even without these, I'm surprised how much faster using the Texture Editor window is (in terms of performance and iteration speed) than nDo2.

• Reputable Contributor

Testing Beta5 and really liking the progress, just lovely!

I'm not sure if these are related to v4 beta or not, but here goes.

In the Paint room Texture Editor window, the closed spline mode (from the Brush Operations panel) is slightly wonky. Right clicking a spline point doesn't change the point into a sharp one, or back - like it does in the 3d view. I can change them fine through the Edit Points Table, but it's slow with a bigger spline setup.

Features I'd like to see for the Texture Editor window:

- Lock the splines in the UV space so they won't skid around as you pan across the texture

- Lock the 2D grid in place as well, it's slightly annoying to re-align it every time after panning.

- Have multiple closed splines active at the same time

Even without these, I'm surprised how much faster using the Texture Editor window is (in terms of performance and iteration speed) than nDo2.

Yes...I've mentioned this before and it does need to get Fixed ASAP. I use that Right-Click to sharpen all the time. Basically, it's broken in the 2D Texture Editor. Just added it to the Mantis bug tracker. If you haven't done so already, register on Mantis (so you can report bugs in an organized systematic fashion and make feature requests as well) > sign in > add your "+1" or "Confirmed" to the notes, so Andrew can see that it is not isolated to just one person.

http://3d-coat.com/m...view.php?id=792

www.3d-coat.com/mantis

Is there a minimum spec for the Mac build? My OS 10.5.8

Several builds ago the 3D-Coat project for Mac has been migrated to the latest Xcode 4.5. It was supposed that 3D-Coat would work under Mac OS X Leopard (under Snow Leopard and above 3D-Coat works for sure). Please wait till I quickly install Leopard on my workstation to see if it is possible to run the latest builds from Xcode 4.5 under Leopard.

hello...

I really have an issue with 3d coat atm.... if I try to import a scanned file, it refuses to open the file (obj.), I mean it does not even read the file, I see directly the voxel panel, and clicking auto scale leaves the counter at 0...

this is in all 3D coat version 3.7.18.F and 4 (last beta5)

Where do I go fro; here... the scan is 24 million triangles

h/

Could be good to get mesh. Zip/rar it and send via Help->send to support.

Hello guys,

Can somebody tells me if the Retopo>"use name correspondence for baking " works.

I tick this option and check the correspondence (all the correspondence was found).

But i still have the projection of others volume where it shouldn't.

It doesn't look to work here on the 4.beta5 or on the lastest v3.

Thank you,

Pixo

There is problem that appear if some volumes are in surf mode and some in vox mode. It is fixed but you may turn all to surf mode and all should work.

Hi, I've found an issue in the new 64bit Beta (V5) where small holes are being made in the model when using Live Clay and Surface tools.

I was working on a fish model and when trying to smooth the fin (using surface smooth) small holes in the model appeared.

I tried to fix them with the Reconstruct tool but as I started to use the tool, and before applying, small black dots appeared.

When I pressed the apply button 3DCoat then crashed (did not respond to any input).

My system specs:

Win 7 Pro 64bit

Intel Core i7 3770K, Ivy Bridge, 3.5GHz, Quad Core

16 GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz

NVidia GTX 660ti 2GB

post-14960-0-40290700-1353524711_thumb.p

• Advanced Member

Several builds ago the 3D-Coat project for Mac has been migrated to the latest Xcode 4.5. It was supposed that 3D-Coat would work under Mac OS X Leopard (under Snow Leopard and above 3D-Coat works for sure). Please wait till I quickly install Leopard on my workstation to see if it is possible to run the latest builds from Xcode 4.5 under Leopard.

Thanks SERGYI that explains my issue. I shall await your findings.

• Reputable Contributor

Please explain essence of the problem, I have not found it in this thread.

The problem I found is that when you select Paint Distortion, the single image is switched to tiling mode. You can not switch back to non-tile mode even for paint mode. You have to close the image and then sometimes your image will not load again in non-tiled mode even in paint mode till you close and reopen 3DCoat.

Painting distortion works but with the above problems. I did not fill out a bug report as you have a back log of bugs already. Reports get buried sometimes if there are too many at Mantis at one time plus I was waiting to see if Pixo filed one and then I could confirm his report.

Edit : Just tested again and it gets stuck in tiling mode till you close and reopen 3DCoat.

• Advanced Member

another bug...

drag drop image from explorer to create new material,

switch between materials

drop another file to create new material

new material isn't the new map, but a clone of the last material

all newly dropped images will be clones

Updated to BETA6 (WIN only, Mac+Linux coming soon)

- big work performed over stabilizing and optimizing 3D-Coat. I hope LC tools will work much more predictably and faster. Many areas of 3D-Coat including paint, retopo, voxels was tested and a lot of bugs fixed. A lot of Mantis bugs fixed.

- options how ghosting will be treated (see top panel)

- Zooming in/out speed will depend on distance from the pivot point to perform better navigation

- Direct uploading to sketchfab.com done

• Advanced Member

Goodness me, I'm seeing a very big increase in speed whilst using large brushes. Had a quick play using backup copy of my Thing sculpt and LC brushes can be used at very large sizes.

Will do a side by side comparison... but I can already see it.

Updated to BETA6 (WIN only, Mac+Linux coming soon)

- big work performed over stabilizing and optimizing 3D-Coat. I hope LC tools will work much more predictably and faster. Many areas of 3D-Coat including paint, retopo, voxels was tested and a lot of bugs fixed. A lot of Mantis bugs fixed.

- Zooming in/out speed will depend on distance from the pivot point to perform better navigation

- Direct uploading to sketchfab.com done

"Direct uploading to sketchfab.com implemented."

Where do I find this inside 3D Coat?

Thank you

Chris

• Contributor

Thanks for new ghosted volume options, much easier to work that way.

Continuing testing :)

Stroke quality is indeed improved (A LOT), surface is much less jagy than previously

I can get explosions if I try to push the smooth factor over 100% (toying around but if it's "normal" it should be locked to 100%)

-Symmetry is broken (on buildclay at least)

Thanks for new ghosted volume options, much easier to work that way.

Continuing testing :)

Stroke quality is indeed improved (A LOT), surface is much less jagy than previously

I can get explosions if I try to push the smooth factor over 100% (toying around but if it's "normal" it should be locked to 100%)

-Symmetry is broken (on buildclay at least)

Yes, seems symmetry is broken in LC tools, thanks for reporting. I will re - upload.