Jump to content
3DCoat Forums
Andrew Shpagin

3DCoat 4.8 BETA testing thread

Recommended Posts

Hi 

I had some camera jumps but sometimes they appear randomly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/10/2019 at 12:48 AM, pbowmar said:

Hi Sergyi,

Any luck with the Linux build? (...)

I'd like to know about the progress too. :declare:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4.8.39

 - Support of language correction. Press F2 to correct any text in UI. You may also add new languages support within the UI and translate any UI elements. Beta feature, don't use for massive translation till this feature will be carefully tested.

- Multithreading optimization in UV/Retopo. Not everything multithreaded, but on big retopo meshes speed of manipulations grown.

- Fixed bug of switching to "Clay" when getting back to sculpt room from paint room.

- Correct brushing on the edge of the mesh (without blob)

- Correct brushing on the edge of the mesh (without blob)

- Fixed problem of numerical edit of gizmo position in curve transform toolset.

- Fixed problems related to toothpaste tool stability and quality.

- Brush along curve works correctly.

 

There was long period between builds because we was moving to VisualStudio 2019. This is first vs2019 - based build.

Edited by Javis
v#
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Andrew Shpagin said:

There was long period between builds because we was moving to VisualStudio 2019. This is first vs2019 - based build.

Excuse my ignorance on this subject, but is this going to affect anything to windows 7 users?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Rygaard said:

Excuse my ignorance on this subject, but is this going to affect anything to windows 7 users?

I hope no affect should be there.

Moving to 19 just means benefits to developers (us).

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Andrew Shpagin said:

I hope no affect should be there.

Moving to 19 just means benefits to developers (us).

Great! I thank you and your team for the fantastic implementations you are doing! Congratulations!
I'm counting the days when you're going to release the new version of 3d-coat with the new system of brushes, because I'm very curious of what I could accomplish in relation to the sculptures that I can carry out with this. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

CUDA smooth boost is omitted?

 

cudass.png.25de44d3274bf067803e83a60cc34044.png

Edited by jene
adding a image

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, jene said:

CUDA smooth boost is omitted?

 

cudass.png.25de44d3274bf067803e83a60cc34044.png

I downloaded SL version and CUDA is working as expected on my computer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm having problems with brush performance during strokes (Surface Mode - Clay Brush without Remove Stretching. I can get up to 4 fps. Very lag with only 1.5 millions tris. :(
Is the same thing happening to anyone? I've never had this problem before ...

1796289082_lagwithbrushperformancesurfacemode.thumb.jpg.f2f25357767adc253d3f506386096b59.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Rygaard said:

I'm having problems with brush performance during strokes (Surface Mode - Clay Brush without Remove Stretching. I can get up to 4 fps. Very lag with only 1.5 millions tris. :(
Is the same thing happening to anyone? I've never had this problem before ...

 

I just tried clay brush without stretching on 3+Million tris.
When not doing anything I have 120fps
Goes down to 50-60 FPS while brushing. I would not have noticed.

 

Edited by lesaint
typo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Rygaard Try deleting the configs first, and also making sure that there are no other versions installed. Sometimes other versions interfere with the one you're using.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, haikalle said:

Autopo in sculpt room dosen't work. anyone to confirm?

image.thumb.png.f51edd2974a9c73a33e30143a773c9c5.png

Autopo working (better than ever on a simple object)

However, If I open a file with a retopo mesh in it, maybe 30ktris with multiple retopo objects and multiple "uv-sets", the file opens alright, but as soon as I try to go to the retopo room, I either crash or 3dc just freezes.
Same if I try to import such a mesh in the retopo room in a new project.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Javis said:

@Rygaard Try deleting the configs first, and also making sure that there are no other versions installed. Sometimes other versions interfere with the one you're using.

I had to reinstall 4.8.38 in addition to 4.8.39 because the latter doesn't let me work on saved projects. what kind of problems can it cause to have both ?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not problem at all. Remember that both share same document folder.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah that shouldn't be a problem. You should be able to open the same files without issue.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks guys for answering me ...

I have the following installation:

C: \ Programs \ 64bit \ 3d-Coat
                                      | - 3dcoat_v4_8 (I install over all new versions)
                                      | - 3D-Coat-V4.7 (old version - just in case)

I installed 3d-coat using that file method: "coat_data_path.txt" that I direct to another hd on the computer. And have no problem losing my custom things (brushes and etc).

I've always installed 3d-coat using the installation tip of the video tutorial, which installs the 3d-coat always over an old installation, pointing to the address:
C: \ Programs \ 64bit \ 3d-Coat \ 3dcoat_v4_8
and that way, I do not have thousands of folders for every install I make of 3d-coat.

@Javis,
Sorry for my lack of knowledge in this sense of installation, but what are these files that I have to delete and they are located where? In the My Documents folder?
I'm afraid to delete wrong files ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, lesaint said:

I just tried clay brush without stretching on 3+Million tris.
When not doing anything I have 120fps
Goes down to 50-60 FPS while brushing. I would not have noticed.

Thank you for testing ...
Actually, I have a lot of performance issues ... It's never happened before.
I'm going to see if I install a newer version of the video card .... but I guess this is not the problem .. maybe it's something that Javis said ... some kind of previous installation residue ... I'm going need to see how I fix this ... I would not want to make mistakes trying to fix something related to 3d-coat installation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, haikalle said:

Autopo in sculpt room dosen't work. anyone to confirm?

In the sculpt Room, AUTOPO / Autopo is working for me. I did not paint and I did not use guide curves. That was the result of the test face.

 

image.thumb.png.80c906ff0681f2c29c9cbca6cb896062.png


The only thing I do not understand is the strange behavior behind the face. Behind it is open as if it were a mask. And I did not understand these errors ... I do not know if I can consider this as an error or a bug.

image.thumb.png.1f0170190b16675b2cc6e15fe2b38dc6.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Rygaard said:

Thank you for testing ...
Actually, I have a lot of performance issues ... It's never happened before.
I'm going to see if I install a newer version of the video card .... but I guess this is not the problem .. maybe it's something that Javis said ... some kind of previous installation residue ... I'm going need to see how I fix this ... I would not want to make mistakes trying to fix something related to 3d-coat installation.

It's no problem of course. :)

 

To do this, delete all of your config files from: C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\Documents\3D-CoatV4. Those files will have the word "Options" in them. If you have any custom presets or configs, make sure to back them up first.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In the Surface Mode, I used the same test face to perform the Geometry / Close Holes command.
I do not know it's me who do not know to use exactly the correct numbers to configure in the dialog box of Close Holes or if the operation is causing some sort of bug...

The result as you can see there are gaps or holes you can see the face between these cracks.

close_holes.thumb.jpg.997aa6beb2fe47badbe3eabb199eaba6.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Javis said:

 

To do this, delete all of your config files from: C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\Documents\3D-CoatV4. Those files will have the word "Options" in them. If you have any custom presets or configs, make sure to back them up first.

 

Thank you very much for your attention @Javis , I will do what you instructed and then I will comment here if I succeeded. thank you! :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Tony Nemo said:

It seems to try and close the opening. Easy to repair.

It's true, it's easy to solve ... I believe that something more complex can do a little more work, but that's fine.
I wish it did not have that kind of result ... but it's not complicated to solve.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×