3DCoat Forums
Andrew Shpagin

V4.1 BETA (experimental 4.1.17D)

(...) Do we really neer rotate control on the top? (...)

I personally find it very convenient.

Fully featured meshmixing expected soon as well (developed by Raul). It is not based on Meshmixer technology, it is developed from scratch using same technology as used in supersmooth.

WOW! Now that is exciting!

Reproduced, I can't rotate. But you may rotate with gizmo.

Do we really neer rotate control on the top? Maybe it is better to remove it and leave only gizmo?

sorry but... where is the graphical gizmo ? 0_o

we need rotate control by angle too... numerical control and... snap to rotation angle (snap at any degree added in preferences too)

ty Andrew

Updated to 4.0.10

- Gizmo for 2D - grid, Materials and masks

- better algorithm for FFD pose deformations - should work cleaner.

- More visible symmetry point.

- wireframe in Edit all layers via PSD

- Big amount of bugs from Mantis fixed - including critical ones, see in Mantis.

- Splines improved - loading splines dialog got major improvement, now it is possible to place splines in space and import them as 3D - shapes.

- export big mesh from MV/PTEX as STL allowed for 3D printing.

- font updated to include all Unicode characters, style changed a little, symbols placement improved - symbols like VA Vo AY stay closer to each other.

- complete Chinese/Traditional Chinese translation included.

On Rauls side: Merged code with Raul. Even if I was trying to do all super accurately and have not found any issues, this area requires additional checks in real sculpting because combining code base with Raul was far not trivial.

- Copy clay (meshmixer-like) - copy pieces from surface and paste on other place - still requires cleanup from Raul. Should not be used in real job, it is still in very beta stage.

- Close holes works much more accurate and closes holes with very smooth patch.

Next month I will continue to work over cleaning up and stabilisation, so please post everything in Mantis, I will pay special attention to the reports. Almost all changes in this build was pointed not to introduce new features but to clean up existing ones.

Thanks for all the hard work, Andrew.

Awesome!! Downloading as soon as I get home... :) Big thnx to you and Raul for all the hard work.

Many thanks Andrey for the update! Particularly for the font, it became much nicer aesthetically. Tomorrow will update localization :)

The shape additions are going to be a very welcome addition. You can import the shape (EPS only, for now), and click on the Spline draw mode of choice in the E-Panel, to convert the shape to a spline with control points, etc. Really nice. The Pose Tool works/deforms MUCH better now, too.

Many thanks Andrey for the update! Particularly for the font, it became much nicer aesthetically. Tomorrow will update localization :)

I can't agree.

I've just opened the new relase and therefore can not comment on any of the other features yet but I found the old

font appearance more elegant.This one renders too fat and not very sharp on my monitor - the difference is quite

dramatic. I can understand that a change was necessary for Unicode/new languages but maybe some further tweaking

was possible?

I can't agree.

I've just opened the new relase and therefore can not comment on any of the other features yet but I found the old

font appearance more elegant.This one renders too fat and not very sharp on my monitor - the difference is quite

dramatic. I can understand that a change was necessary for Unicode/new languages but maybe some further tweaking

was possible?

I may provide font like old one for comparison. I really don't know what is better.

Main reason was unicode, not font shape itself.

I may be missing something, but I am having all kinds of trouble installing. I keep getting this error message.

Probably need reboot.

I may be missing something, but I am having all kinds of trouble installing. I keep getting this error message.

Maybe you have 3D Coat running in the background? Edited by ajz3d

I may provide font like old one for comparison. I really don't know what is better.

Thanks Andrew. Yes, I understand. I attach just one sample where the new font looks too fat.

It nearly doesn't fit the buttons.

post-575-0-60580300-1385730738_thumb.jpg

Probably need reboot.

I think that did it. Thanks

Look at the big dot in the center. Hover mouse and all should be clear.

Everything is there - numerical control, rotation and all.

oh wow !! thats cool

very helpful... TY ! 

RMB = Show Gizmo ON/OFF

Press and HOLD LMB over any icon handle and then press space bar = show numerical control

any other control to use ?

oh wow !! thats cool

very helpful... TY ! 

RMB = Show Gizmo ON/OFF

Press and HOLD LMB over any icon handle and then press space bar = show numerical control

any other control to use ?

Thanks!

No other controls. Is it visible enough? Maybe do point bigger?

Control icons are in textures\icons\wicons.png

Thanks!

No other controls. Is it visible enough? Maybe do point bigger?

Control icons are in textures\icons\wicons.png

Andrew, did you mention that the camera shortcuts could be stored/saved with these 2d gizmos?

point bigger may be...

i think space bar tools -pie menu- AND images handles will be unified 

but let me do a graphic pattern showing a conceptual new pie menu for paint room

ty

I'll have to see about the general stability but so far I like the changes:

-Symmetry dot finally useful :) Tnx.

-Selection based tools finally nice to use (not that awful lag tnx to multithreading).

-Light color fixed, no guessing work to have the opposite color :)

Oh, and I prefer this font over the old one, easier to read and looks more standard, maybe the size is a little bit too high, but that can be discussed as the UI being too "cramped" too...

Andrew bug affecting  to global space/to uniform space is not fixed on my side in 4.0.10. :(

Please upload version with fix asap ,I waited all week to be able to work again and I really need those 2 functions to work properly.

Build without bug is probably too old for me to use(and I don't even know which build that would be anyway.)

http://3d-coat.com:8081/mantis/view.php?id=1301

Anybody else getting these nasty black blotches around the UI text?

Delete all files in MyDocs/3D-CoatV4/Shaders but Custom subfolder (Custom contains your custom shaders)

By some reason you have older version of shaders there.

Andrew bug affecting  to global space/to uniform space is not fixed on my side in 4.0.10. :(

Please upload version with fix asap ,I waited all week to be able to work again and I really need those 2 functions to work properly.

Build without bug is probably too old for me to use(and I don't even know which build that would be anyway.)

http://3d-coat.com:8081/mantis/view.php?id=1301

Does both global/uniform not working?

Please check.

On my current tests I found ToGlobal works always and ToUniform fails sometimes on instances.

edit: reproduced, I will try to reupload.