3DCoat Forums

3D-Coat 3.5 updates thread

• Advanced Member

apparently the UV-seams issue is still present in 3.5.23C (64-bit DX Cuda)

for per-pixel painting...pretty tough to have 'seamless' textures.

(image is just the default sphere with a little depth painted

over the UV seams)

You know, after all this time, I thought it was me doing something wrong. Thanks for the post.

From a distance you couldn't tell, but zoom in and there it was.

Will be happy man if this is sorted.

apparently the UV-seams issue is still present in 3.5.23C (64-bit DX Cuda)

for per-pixel painting...pretty tough to have 'seamless' textures.

(image is just the default sphere with a little depth painted

over the UV seams)

Has is become worse than it was before? Seams was visible always under closer look.

I am thinking how to do it better.

• Advanced Member

Has is become worse than it was before? Seams was visible always under closer look.

I am thinking how to do it better.

I wouldn't say worse, not that I have noticed with recent tests anyway.

If there is a way to make painted seams invisible under close inspection, I imagine it would be another notch in 3D Coats belt, so to speak.

• Advanced Member

Laticis: IMO you have too many seams and it is remarkable that they are not more visible. :rolleyes:

Hi Tony,

Too many seams is correct, it is the same model I was working in the other workflow thread.

Still trying to get my head around a correct system of UV mapping without the distorted chequers.

http://3d-coat.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=8433&pid=65289&st=0entry65289

A correct workflow with results is what I am chasing so I can get on with creating and not as much learning.

Cheers Laticis

Hello Creator! 3D-Coat has been built against CUDA Toolkit 3.0. Please pay attention, that there are multiple packages of CUDA Toolkit for different Linux distributions on the official NVIDIA site. And the libraries in each package have different size. So it is risky to include libraries from one of those CUDA Toolkit packages within 3D-Coat package. This is not like in Windows, where there is only one CUDA Toolkit package. According to the NVIDIA manuals this is typical way of deploying CUDA compatible applications under Linux: CUDA Toolkit should be installed separately. If you have application which requires CUDA Toolkit 4.0, it is possible to install it side-by-side with CUDA Toolkit 3.0.

Waiting for the OSX build.

Meanwhile, to all pc users (and to Andrew of course), is the new decimation algorithm implemented in this beta?

http://www.3d-coat.com/community/participate/upload-screenshot/?list=singleimg&img_name=131171485767&img_type=1

Yes, it is implemented there.

I am very waiting Mac build too :)

Andrew cutoff only works one out 50 try... I don't know the conditions when it's working, still trying to figure a pattern here... (using 3.5.23c cuda dx64)

Normally it works well in 99% cases. Probably you are using it under some hard conditions. There really exist hard conditions for cutoff but it is hard to explain.

Please show video how are you using it.

Can you indicate me a recording software cause I don't do software recording that much and camstudio just output some useless videos when recording 3dcoat (I bet their codec doesn't like ogl screengrabing)..

And to answer you andrew: It's not a complicated nor heavy piece I'm trying to cut. And it works sometimes just to correct what I said earlier: more like 1 out 100...

Try Jing, it's free, very easy to use, and even stores the videos online for you.

http://www.techsmith.com/jing/

• Advanced Member

Been playing with Live Clay in the Linux version and was really liking it until I noticed a hole in the mesh, this was a show stopper as I could not get rid of the hole no matter what I did, unless I dropped it to voxel mode and ruined the model, is there any way to heal the holes that may form in the mesh in Surface mode?

T.

Been playing with Live Clay in the Linux version and was really liking it until I noticed a hole in the mesh, this was a show stopper as I could not get rid of the hole no matter what I did, unless I dropped it to voxel mode and ruined the model, is there any way to heal the holes that may form in the mesh in Surface mode?

T.

I'm pretty sure this isn't happening as much in the latest windows builds (I haven't yet seen it happen anyway), so I think that bug was fixed. I would give it a go when the next Linux build is posted.

• Advanced Member

Yep, that's better, but I really don't see the advantage of Surface mode over Voxels, maybe its my work flow, I create a detailed model, then create a low rez mesh from it and export this low rez mesh with its displacement map into Softimage, there it looks just like what it did in 3DC, what I have found is the Surface mode doesn't result in a very smooth surface where Voxel mode does, am I missing something?