3DCoat Forums
Andrew Shpagin

V4.5 BETA (experimental)

I was seeing how Nvidia's IRay Renderer is being intergated in applications... Maybe this is possible with 3DC to create better beauty shots.

What it's cost to the developer to have this integration, I do not know... It would be great to have this integration though. 

You could have the normal renderer but being able to select IRay as a renderer too..

IRay fully supports PBR materials.

A nice additional selling point for 3DC version 5 whenever it is released.

http://www.nvidia.com/object/nvidia-iray.html

Feel free to add a +1

Integration of NVIDIA DesignWorks tools

Thanks Andrew, Wilson66, I double checked the paint objects list and the object in Blender but no duplicates.  I did figure out what the problem is.  When I exported the obj file, I had the include uvs checked.  But because the object had no uvs defined, Blender must have put bad uvs in the file.  When I export with out the include uvs checked it works fine.  Must be something about the bad uvs that causes 3D-Coat to break?

Thanks,

Jason

Edited by Grimm

I did...  :)

I do hope Andrew is interested in this renderer for 3DC, that is if it is possible with the current coding of 3DC.

And here is a link to the main IRay page.

http://www.nvidia-arc.com/iray.html

Edited by digman

Do someone has problems with using "snap" vertices to sculpts in retopo room in .21 ?

• Like 1

Yes i am , even i very simple shapes.

Thought it was just me.....

Yes i am , even i very simple shapes.

Thought it was just me.....

Strange. I tried to reproduce it here on my workstation, but it worked with a simple mesh.

I have win10 at my client pc where the problem appear. Here in my homeoffice I use a win8 workstation.

Will take a look at this. It is really important, because I need some changes in a huge project model.

• Like 1

I am having issues on Win 7 ult x 64 and on Win 8.1 pro.

Tried in several models and it appears to happen mostly when you approach at the edge of the polygon (where polygon ends)

I am having issues on Win 7 ult x 64 and on Win 8.1 pro.

Tried in several models and it appears to happen mostly when you approach at the edge of the polygon (where polygon ends)

Here it happen always. I have a 25 mio sculpt as reference for a 300k "lowpoly" that have to be snapped.

@Michaelgdrs: I guess I have found the reason at my side: I still have had an old mesh version in the paint room. 3D-coat gave the snap priority to the model in the paint room for snapping.

So I deleted the one in the paint room and voila, now the snap works with the meshes in the voxel room.

Maybe you have the same problem.

You think? Maybe , its low poly (retopo to retopo) but it has too many pieces in.

I will check , thanks a lot.

No problem still exists.

Although the more i use it , the more i see the super speed on low poly painting Andrew managed to bring to the table.

Congats Andrew.

version 4.5.20: I have real problems with the undo steps in retopo room. Is this right? There are only a few undo steps in retopo room. Five or max. eight steps. This is really bad. What happend here?

Can someone confirm it?

Is there any steps to reproduce? I tried random tools, no luck...

Is there any steps to reproduce? I tried random tools, no luck...

To reproduce the problem I used a stencil in voxel mode in the sculpt room. "Primitive Cube" Extrude Tool was selected using the rectangle spline, I extruded a few times... Then used the smooth tool 10 times... Started undoing and undo stopped working after about 4 or 5 undos..

This is still happening in version Windows 64 bit non-cuda, Dx. 4.5.21, I just tested...

Edited by digman

Sooooooooo impressed from the speed in low poly sooooooo impressed.

Honestly it saves more around 30 to 50% time when comparing to the previous speed.

Its feels so natural and realtime , in fact more than realtime like x 2 or something.

Speaking of performance, 3DC eats up a lot of CPU power by default. I was messing around on a 350tri model with a 256 texture the other day, 40% cpu usage...but even if I work on a 50k tri mesh with a 4k texture it eats only about 40-70%. It's weird.

Not like its really a problem, just makes my fans louder then I'd like when working on low spec work :p

Edited by PolyHertz

Great  , new build coming up , thanks a lot.

I posted some information on this user's problem... I thought I put the link here as well... 

http://3d-coat.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=18546

I addressed the seam problem I found... Whether it is 3DC or their 3D application exporting problem, I of course do not know...

Edited by digman

This is the last i'm going to post about the seam problem, it gets fixed or not.
I just can't use 3D coat in this state cause just 1 pixel in a low texture size really stands out.
*256/512/1024 sizes are the norm for mobile and web games

Of course trying to make a video I find another bug...
*can't draw pixels at the angle I have the view rotated

Besides the issue of not being able to paint pixels at certain angles..

I was trying to show how the padding seems to be calculated from a 4x4 blending
Not what I want!
Also seems to be a "off by .5" error, at the end you will see you can't paint
the "1/2" pixel closest to the seam.

Anyway, I suggest an option to not blend and just copy the pixel to the padding.

56466e8f62769.png

This is the last i'm going to post about the seam problem, it gets fixed or not.

I just can't use 3D coat in this state cause just 1 pixel in a low texture size really stands out.

*256/512/1024 sizes are the norm for mobile and web games

Of course trying to make a video I find another bug...

*can't draw pixels at the angle I have the view rotated

Besides the issue of not being able to paint pixels at certain angles..

I was trying to show how the padding seems to be calculated from a 4x4 blending

Not what I want!

Also seems to be a "off by .5" error, at the end you will see you can't paint

the "1/2" pixel closest to the seam.

Anyway, I suggest an option to not blend and just copy the pixel to the padding.

This is similar to what I reported on page 106 of the beta thread... 3DC padding is not quite smoothly filling in the gaps in transitioning the padding pixels along the seams... If you turn off Linear filtering you can see the slight shade difference in the pixels... Hopefully Andrew has a solution...

post-518-0-04342100-1447460311_thumb.jpg

Edited by digman

4.5.22 [beta]

- several options for padding method in Preferences.

- fixed stepping problem in Pose tool - http://3d-coat.com/mantis/view.php?id=1762

- Image may be directly dropped onto Smart matrial editor slots

- Textures->Import ao/cavity corrected to import textures for different uv-sets on the same layer

- Fixed crash in polgon painting mode

- Clear selection command in Retopo/Select path

- Flip faces comand in retopo/select

- Capsule caps parameters are working correctly now.

• Like 3

Texture editor boxes - bug ?

post-10142-0-22447300-1447507984_thumb.j

---------------

this is great

post-10142-0-26981800-1447508018_thumb.j

I am unable to get this. All is correctly scaled on my side.

Works okay here too.

Andrew, can you please address this issue?

The non-boolean copy/merge fails every time for non-intersecting objects!