3DCoat Forums

3DCoat 2024 development thread

• Advanced Member
5 hours ago, ebitz said:

@SERGYI Cloth tool in new scene with a simple sphere freezes 3D Coat. Create a new scene from start menu selecting voxel sculpting -->large sphere. Select cloth tool. Move cloth shape above sphere. Select start simulation. Nothing happens. 3D coat freezes. After force quitting 3d coat it still has a running process eating up 98% of cpu. Have to kill it from sysmonitor.

I cant seem replicate this... I've increase the sizes bigger and bigger but still works fine.

can you provide exact dimensions etc

cloth.jpg

• Advanced Member
19 minutes ago, jimhatama said:

Clay engine brushes bugged, they sometimes rotate alpha and depth randomly creating tears in mesh, especially in reverse mode. TrspNSD.png

With steady stroke a bit smooth but i agreed what it a bit rotating alpha. Also it may shrink alpha in half, i cannot find how to replicate behavior so didin't report about that

• Advanced Member

@Elemeno All the dimensions are default. I change nothing. What linux distros and kernel versions are you guys use, where these issues aren't present? 3Dcoat crashes on baking maps and freezes using the cloth tool. @linnos Do you experience this issue with the cloth tool?

Using POP OS (Ubuntu 21.04) Kernel 5.11.0-7620-generic

58 minutes ago, ebitz said:

@Elemeno All the dimensions are default. I change nothing. What linux distros and kernel versions are you guys use, where these issues aren't present? 3Dcoat crashes on baking maps and freezes using the cloth tool. @linnos Do you experience this issue with the cloth tool?

Using POP OS (Ubuntu 21.04) Kernel 5.11.0-7620-generic

@Elemeno @ebitz The cloth tool does freeze for me. Steps:

1. New file with voxel sphere

2. Go to cloth brush and position

3. Click start

Freezes 3D-Coat, it just stays there and I have to forcibly exit the program.

Using Pop!_OS 21.04 x86_64,  Kernel: 5.11.0-7620-generic 

• Advanced Member

Screen space subdivide dialog looks like have missing description.

after applying, undo should be pressed 3 or more times to revert changes

and it seams it's adding artifacts, if you apply res+ after Screen space subdivide and undo,  it will look like this:

nyV2xPO.jpg

qbzDEEv.jpg

Edited by sprayer

• Advanced Member

I have a simple request. Could we get a visual highlight on which active HDRI (environment map) is being used to light our scene?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• Advanced Member

The "Hide Left Tool Panel" in preferences, does not hide that menu permanently. If I use "Tab" to hid all panels, and "Tab" again to bring them back, it also brings back the Left Tool Panel even though I have the "Hide left tool panel" check in preferences. My way of thinking is that if I make a change in the preferences dialog, that is going to be global permanent change rather than a temporary one. Especially when I can just make the temporary change in the viewport itself. These aren't show stoppers, just some polishing things IMO.

Edited by ebitz
  • Like 1

• Advanced Member

I have just been using the Proxy Caching and they are fantastic. The reduce is just fast, and the decimate keeps a lot of the detail even with 4x or 8x reduction (at cost of speed of course).  Nice work.

• Contributor
4 hours ago, linnos said:

@Elemeno @ebitz The cloth tool does freeze for me. Steps:

1. New file with voxel sphere

2. Go to cloth brush and position

3. Click start

Freezes 3D-Coat, it just stays there and I have to forcibly exit the program.

Using Pop!_OS 21.04 x86_64,  Kernel: 5.11.0-7620-generic 

Same here,

3DCoat 2021.06

Ubuntu 20.04, Kernel 5.8.0-59-generic

Edited by Allabulle

• Reputable Contributor
1 minute ago, Elemeno said:

fixed artefacts .... I needed to thicken the mesh more.

that looks like a mesh that was voxelized then turned to surface (maybe you used resample ?)

do you still have the mesh that was not thickened ?
try importing it this way :
File > import > import mesh for voxelization
then, before apply tick "import W/o voxelization"

(by the way, when you do that you get the splash screen, I think that is a bug)

• Like 1

• Advanced Member

@SERGYI @linnos After further investigation "Crash On Bake", If I leave these options on "Name Correspondence For Baking" and "Import Tiles As UV Sets", 3D Coat will create a paint mesh in the paint room without an immediate crash. A normal map is baked, however there is no height info. Essentially it acts like "Retopo to Paint Room with no bake" option. Problem may lie with the "Treat Materials As Separate Textures" or "Import Tiles As UV Sets".

• Advanced Member

@SERGYIBug? New scene-->Voxel-->Large Sphere-->Retopo Room-->3D Primitives-->Choose any primitve and apply-->Switch to a different tool-->Mesh disappears and is not created. Can anyone else confirm @linnos?

• Contributor
1 hour ago, ebitz said:

@SERGYIBug? New scene-->Voxel-->Large Sphere-->Retopo Room-->3D Primitives-->Choose any primitve and apply-->Switch to a different tool-->Mesh disappears and is not created. Can anyone else confirm @linnos?

It worked here, but the new primitive stays "inside" the large sphere, if I hide the layer in the sculptTree I can see the primitive generated.

Edited by Allabulle

• Advanced Member

Ok. I got the 3d primitive working in the retopo room. Deleted the user config files in Documents and restarted 3D Coat. Some conflict resolved I guess. Nope Ignore that. The Preferences-->Beta TAB-->Treat Retopo groups as materials is the culprit. If I disable it the 3d primitives mesh is not generated in the viewport.

Edited by ebitz

I'm really tire of this sht , 4.9.72 is the last really stable version of 3dc right now .. and still ..

WHY I CANNOT CHANGE SHORTCUTS FOR GOOD FOR THOSE OPTIONS? THEY ARE HARDCODED ?! I REOPEN 3DC2021 AND STILL HAVE THAT 'S' ,  BTW  WHY DOES SOMEBODY USE 'S' FOR SYMMETRY, THEY NEVER WORK IN ANY INDUSTRY AT ALL 

and this is really bad I cannot import old prefs to the new 3dc without f pain in ..  I see the same old 3dc with new bugs hehe great! new old saga continues  and betatools... all that new 3dcoat 2021 is one big betatool XD , but maybe someday in faaaar future ..

FUKKK.jpg

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

• Contributor
3 hours ago, ebitz said:

(...) The Preferences-->Beta TAB-->Treat Retopo groups as materials is the culprit. If I disable it the 3d primitives mesh is not generated in the viewport.

I can confirm that happening here also. Good catch, @ebitz

• Advanced Member

I do not think this is bug but it is problem which may need enhance.

Tweak room selection tool now really not work correctly with rectangle or rasso mode.

Then I have request to solve those almost abondoned tweak room issues.

The only reason I use tweak room, it offer simple brush set. at same time it not change vertex order of paint room object. (sculpt room surface mode change it)

that means, if I import character and make some morphs, I can not use sculpt (voxel) room for the purpose. though there is way to use snap but the work-flow is not good.

(of course it need, if we start sculpt in 3d coat then retopo, >> edit some more ) 

So if 3d coat modeling room / retopo room offer, simple brush set, (smooth add, expand etc) which offered in tweak room,

we can detail modeling + can easy sculpt without change vertex order. So I really hope dev seriously consider it, or please enhance tweak room actually it work better.

I suppose, tweak room will be removed (and many times support said me so), then recommend to use retopo or modeling room,.  if so keep tweak room brush in modeling room is important. (actually it is useful to deform or adjust mesh which not need detail sculpt, but keep mesh structure, and it often used to make morph shape.  so hope those simply brush set will be added in modeling room / retopo room.    or keep vertex order in sculpt room surface mode. = we can directly sculpt morph for already made character. 

Edited by tokikake
  • Sad 1

13 hours ago, sprayer said:

@tcwik Why all your post with hatred? Why can't you report bug, read first post in this feed and wait few days for fix?
If you don't wanna help to fix bugs and do not like program what are you doing here?

I just try to love that software but its really hard XD and When I almost love 4.9.72  but there are 3dc2021 and pains back  ...ctrl z [history] still have had an issue on a freeze selection on rectangle selection, stroke selection since 3 years above... after so many months of developing I open 3dc 2021 [relise software ] and in about 3 minutes I see many critical bugs [for me ;)] really annoying bugs

another bug XD .. steps to recreate 

open 3dcoat 2021.6;

choose voxel sculpting and some ball ;

choose voxelhide tool and hide with rectangle selection half of a ball;

invert hidden ;

and press object-ify hidden and voila! XD 

bug have above 3 years for sure

• Thanks 1

• Carlosan changed the title to 3DCoat 2024 suggestions
  • Carlosan pinned and unpinned this topic
  • Carlosan pinned this topic