3DCoat Forums

3D-Coat 3.1 updates thread

Eh? How has it been fixed? It doesn't work at all for me.

What about drag&drop - the main thing there is dragging files from Finder/explorer.

Andrew, the number one thing for me (aside from a few other workflow adjustments and bug fixes!) is this, so thankyou for trying to get it going. Being able to drag drop images to make materials sounds like a dream come true. Right now though, as mentioned, I can't do that... so something's not quite right.

EDIT: I should mention, I'm running CUDA, but the problem is in both Opengl and Direct X.

In the newsletter which NVidia sends out, 3DCoat gets mentioned :

3D-Coat Ships New 3D Art and Sculpting Package

3D-Coat is an innovative application providing an array of tools for 3D model sculpting, detailing and coloring. Featuring the NVIDIA GPU-Accelerated voxel sculpting technology, 3D-Coat V3 makes on-screen sculpting fluid and responsive.

Download the trial version here »

http://news.nvidia.com:8080/t/107508/9115394/4755/0/ (which goes to) http://uk.nzone.com/object/nzone_3dcoat_home_uk.html :D

since the new update i have some very weird issues.

first i draw simple curves with the curve tool.

post-1875-1252609867_thumb.jpg

then i switch to muscle tool and draw in some muscles.

post-1875-1252610015_thumb.jpg

so far so good.

i switch back to curves and choose spline/rectangle for my curve.

post-1875-1252610486_thumb.jpg

again i switch to muscle tool, draw a muslce and that's my result.

post-1875-1252610608_thumb.jpg

the muscles don't work anymore. they are bulbs or somtehing and the have the shape of the last selected spline/obj.

this is very frustrating. i'm on vista x64 and i've tried it with cuda and without, dx or open gl. everytime the same result.

am i the only one with this prob?

help please!

• Advanced Member
since the new update i have some very weird issues.

first i draw simple curves with the curve tool.

post-1875-1252609867_thumb.jpg

then i switch to muscle tool and draw in some muscles.

post-1875-1252610015_thumb.jpg

so far so good.

i switch back to curves and choose spline/rectangle for my curve.

post-1875-1252610486_thumb.jpg

again i switch to muscle tool, draw a muslce and that's my result.

post-1875-1252610608_thumb.jpg

the muscles don't work anymore. they are bulbs or somtehing and the have the shape of the last selected spline/obj.

this is very frustrating. i'm on vista x64 and i've tried it with cuda and without, dx or open gl. everytime the same result.

am i the only one with this prob?

help please!

yeah, this is definitely a bug, but easy to fix...go back to curves -> press "Tube" -> back to muscles -> all fine

BTW: I love the new curve functions! :wub:

but there should be a function "delete all curves" ...selecting them one by one and hit delete curves is stressing my nerves... :crazy:

at least for now... File -> New should give a fresh initialized 3DC to us. Actually previously created curves are still present...

greez, Rene

In the newsletter which NVidia sends out, 3DCoat gets mentioned :

3D-Coat Ships New 3D Art and Sculpting Package

3D-Coat is an innovative application providing an array of tools for 3D model sculpting, detailing and coloring. Featuring the NVIDIA GPU-Accelerated voxel sculpting technology, 3D-Coat V3 makes on-screen sculpting fluid and responsive.

Download the trial version here »

http://news.nvidia.com:8080/t/107508/9115394/4755/0/ (which goes to) http://uk.nzone.com/object/nzone_3dcoat_home_uk.html :D

Hey, the screenshots page is empty!

http://www.nzone.com/object/nzone_3dcoat_screenshots.html

First, I am very glad that the 1st dot linux bug got fixed.

second, some notions to new tools:

muscle - it's great that it can take profiles from curves and spikes tool, I love it, but maybe it should have it's own ui in muscles tool.

toothpaste - with the default brush(and others) there can become empty space easily, since the toothpaste fills usually only in positive direction, it would be nice to work more in depth too.

I having problems with the latest builds. I'm running on vista. Im using without cuda, 32 bit. I right click, run as an adminstrator and get this error:

"Application failed to start because d3dx9_38.dll was not found"

Never had a problem until now. Any ideas?

post-1288-1252677736_thumb.jpg

I having problems with the latest builds. I'm running on vista. Im using without cuda, 32 bit. I right click, run as an adminstrator and get this error:

"Application failed to start because d3dx9_38.dll was not found"

Never had a problem until now. Any ideas?

Looks like DirectX of proper version not installed...

Download it there:

http://85.25.71.225/files/dx9c.exe

Updated to 3.1.05 (Linux build - tomorrow)

Changes:

- fixed most important and BIG Linux bug - point at the beginning of the stroke

- Curve tool usability improved essentially taking into account all requests.

- Save/Load buttons in curve tool

- Bug prevented drag&drop in many cases fixed.

- Also the reason will be displayed - why drag and drop failed if it happened. Some recommendations will be given automatically.

- fixed: Smoothing speed was working incorrect in muscle/rasp-file tool

- fixed: symmetry plane was not updated in primitives and curves tool after merging

- fixed: Sphere primitive does not respect symmetry

- fixed: crash in "Make symm" that happened if source side was empty (mentioned by haikalle).

- symmetry plane shift fixed in clone and degrade

- fixed: bug in retopo tool, pints and quads, when you was trying to zoom with RMB over the model.

- same navigation bug fixed in curves tool.

• Contributor

Points&Faces: Теперь полигоны не создаются вообще :(

GL крешится

Edit: они создаются только если перед этим подвинуть одну из вершин. Неудобно :(

• Contributor

Zoom ok now :) Спасибо большое!

Это, несомненно, был один из самых злостных и мешающих работе багов.

Теперь бы еще пофиксить переключение между объектами после анду и можно давать огня! :)

I made a rig of curves and saved it for future use. I think I still have to work on the proportions though. One problem here after I made it I realized that it will always be symmetrical. There should be an "apply symmetry" for curves. That way I'd be able to set him up like this then put him in an asymmetrical pose.

curveman.th.jpg

• Advanced Member
I made a rig of curves and saved it for future use. I think I still have to work on the proportions though. One problem here after I made it I realized that it will always be symmetrical. There should be an "apply symmetry" for curves. That way I'd be able to set him up like this then put him in an asymmetrical pose.

curveman.th.jpg

YES!! Great idea Phil!

+1