3DCoat Forums

@geothefaust

If you look in the upper left corner of the screenshot he posted you can see the screenshot is from the cuda version. ^_^

3dioot

Thanks. I did not. :)

• Applink Developer

Here is my cpu load when using 3d-coat linux. It seems that bigger your brush is more it will use cpu load which seems to work quite well. With small brush I'm only getting 30% load to my 4 core cpu but when I increase

brush size I'm able to get 100% to all cores.

post-1165-1247547562_thumb.png

There still seems to be something odd still. 3d-coat crashed after 5 min and all my desktop icons dissapeard.

Also my wacom table works but it can't control brush radius.

I have a question to Andrew:

When sculpting in Voxel mode 3DC uses not all CPU cores consistant. At voxel level 3 the first core of my Core2Quad processor is at 100% load. Other tree cores at around 10 to 20% load or off. FPS slowing down rapidly when first core is at 100%. Is it possible to optimize the CPU usage for sculpting? Maybe things will speed up... :pardon:

Multicore Optimization is enabled in preferences.

I'm running WINXP 64, Geforce 8800GTS and 8GB RAM.

BTW: great new release!!! :clapping:

greez, Rene

In your case most of load is put on GPU, not CPU.

And it works faster then loading all cores of CPU.

If you will turn off CUDA, CPU-s will be loaded sometimes up to 80-90%

Possibly I will find some way to load all - GPU & CPU.

• Advanced Member
In your case most of load is put on GPU, not CPU.

And it works faster then loading all cores of CPU.

If you will turn off CUDA, CPU-s will be loaded sometimes up to 80-90%

Possibly I will find some way to load all - GPU & CPU.

Thank's Andrew!

Will be great if you find a way to heat up all chips to the limit... ;)

Material Distort displays fine in Voxel room but in Paint room with object for Per Pixel painting as soon as you try to distort the material with LMB the image flicks to the far left of the screen then back again once you've released button.

It could be good if you will show short video or screenshot how it looks.

Here is my cpu load when using 3d-coat linux. It seems that bigger your brush is more it will use cpu load which seems to work quite well. With small brush I'm only getting 30% load to my 4 core cpu but when I increase

brush size I'm able to get 100% to all cores.

post-1165-1247547562_thumb.png

There still seems to be something odd still. 3d-coat crashed after 5 min and all my desktop icons dissapeard.

Also my wacom table works but it can't control brush radius.

After 5 min of intensive voxeling? Or just staying?

• Applink Developer

I used Airbrush tool all the time and I was doing voxelling. I have hard time to re product these bugs in linux but I will try.

EDIT: This is wierd. I closed my computer and opended again. Tried to use 3d-coat 64 in linux and all what I get is this screen

post-1165-1247560782_thumb.png

3d-coat folder is on Desktop and I use latest Nvidia drivers

• Advanced Member

Im having a serious problem with merge .obj into voxel scene. Can someone confirm this please?

1) empty voxel scene. increase resolution once

2) merge object with transform, subdivide mesh to 100k polygons

3) press enter

4) wait over an hour (only one single processor working) and nothing happens

I cant wait hours everytime i merge a simple SUBD mesh into voxels. Is this maybe just my installation?

PS: Its a fast quadcore

• Advanced Member
It could be good if you will show short video or screenshot how it looks.

I think I've just discovered the reason behind this bug. Here's a screenshot;

post-800-1247615703_thumb.jpg

As you can see I have the Texture Editor docked to the right of the main viewport and to the left of the side panel with Color Picker etc. It is the docked Texture Editor that is causing the Material to jump to the right everytime I try to distort the image.

I also have a feeling it's linked with this Bug I reported a while back.

Please have a look at the attached image on that post. I should stress here that the Operative point I make here is;

The same thing also happens when you hit HOME to centre the object in your view. In this instance I've drawn (in orange colour) where the correct centre point should be for focussing objects in the 3d viewport.

If the Texture Panel is docked then the area highlighted in orange should be the extents of the 3d Viewport. The way it is currently creates problems with centreing objects in the viewport et.

Hope it helps

Thankyou.

• Advanced Member

Big bug with layers. I'm using latest Beta and I save often. First the program crashed because it was out of Virtual Memory which I have set at 20GB + 8GB RAM I have. Triangle count of Voxels was under 3 million.

The layer I was sculpting on when it crashed, the head, has disappeared from the last 5-6 saves. Which means I lost a all the changes I made over the past 5-6 saves.

Yeah so basically it won't allow me to save the file anymore. It's always deleting my voxel objects.

I Am Depressed.

Big bug with layers. I'm using latest Beta and I save often. First the program crashed because it was out of Virtual Memory which I have set at 20GB + 8GB RAM I have. Triangle count of Voxels was under 3 million.

The layer I was sculpting on when it crashed, the head, has disappeared from the last 5-6 saves. Which means I lost a all the changes I made over the past 5-6 saves.

Yeah so basically it won't allow me to save the file anymore. It's always deleting my voxel objects.

I Am Depressed.

Instability is main issue to be solved today. I hope I will solve it and make update today.

Missed objects issue seems to be solved.

• Advanced Member
Im having a serious problem with merge .obj into voxel scene. Can someone confirm this please?

3) press enter

I cant wait hours everytime i merge a simple SUBD mesh into voxels. Is this maybe just my installation?

No Probs with 32Bit Version without CUDA...

Which Version do you use?

greez, Rene

• Advanced Member

32 Bit rendering is broken in 3.00.08G. When I activate the checkbox in DX version all objects disappearing while rendering. In GL version 3DC freezes.

Using 3.00.08G 32Bit without CUDA for this.

greez, Rene

• Advanced Member

There is an annoying little bug in the distort image tool.

Open the Material tool

Select Material

Click into another window

Click back into 3D coat window.

There will be highly distorted circular area on your image. it can be smoothed away but it is annoying.

Im using a 3 monitor system so maybe that has something to do with it.

• Contributor

3) press enter

Andrew fixes to x64 version in next update will probably restore this to normal.

• Contributor

voxtree is restored on ALL my .3b files,thanx for quick fixing :)

a little feature suggestion :brush:

screen based symmetry on x for mask/material distort with pen

a little bug that is still alive :D

"cube mapping" is still "from camera"

a little feature suggestion :brush:

screen based symmetry on x for mask/material distort with pen

Good idea, I would extend this idea to all axes though. But I guess that is the idea behind screen based symmetry. :)

Updated to 3.00.08H

Changes:

- I found and fixed the reason of unstable work and loosing sub-objects in 64-bit version of 3DC of several latest betas

- I made possibility to store/restore mask/material distortion to disk

- Also bug fixed - click outside 3DC, then click inside -> huge material distortion

- Fixed possible crash while merging voxels->DP

Works like a charm. My high res voxel object is fine again. Much more stable so far, and also all the missing volumes are back again!

Something I noticed which would be cool... In the render tab, instead of just being able to key in a render size, also being able to move around the render area directly in the viewport would be welcomed.

A bug I noticed in the Render tab, when you render out a sequence, the "Folder to store images" area doesn't prompt a file requester, instead it's just a string field. You can manually key in a directory, but a file requester would of course be better.

Oh yeah I was going to mention that file requester thing. Currently the fastest way to enter that is to click the Show Images Folder button, browse to the folder you want, then copy the location from the window that pops up and paste it into the text box.