Andrew Shpagin

3D-Coat 3.5 released!

94 posts in this topic

Great work Andrew! :clapping:

I can't wait to start uploading turntables. That feature rocks!

Cheers,

Congratulations!

Hope You like spaceship video and greebles :)

By the way, retopo of this model is not really a problem.

Yes! And thank you Tinker for the awesome greebles and video. It is very much appreciated. :)

Hope You like spaceship video and greebles

Yes thanks for that. But how do I get that 'model' tab you have with all the shapes in it? I've installed the extension as described, but nothing changed. Please help a thickie out :pardon:

Yes thanks for that. But how do I get that 'model' tab you have with all the shapes in it? I've installed the extension as described, but nothing changed. Please help a thickie out :pardon:

As soon as you switch to the Merge tool the Model tab should appear. Click the little triangle in the corner of it for more sets of models including Tinker's.

In this version both buttons in Space Navigator does not work.

I have assigned to them SHIFT and CTRL functions but 'inverse' and 'smooth' do not work at all.

In othes programs (even in file explorer) all is ok.

The rest is just perfect. I am very glad to send BIG Congrats to Mr. Andrew and all Pilgway TEAM :)

I use my SpacePilot with 3DC almost everyday, and have had no difficulties with it. May be a driver glitch. Try downloading the latest driver for the device if you haven't already and installing/re-installing it.

Congrats and I had to pop in and say I LOVE the nurnies toolkit!

Also being a QuadPanels user, my jaw dropped seeing how easy the spaceship was constructed using 3D Coat!

Of course with voxels, there's no concern for topology, just pure creativity - this video was an eye opener for me to see what I'm missing by not forcing myself to make 3DC a tool I use in my every day model building.

Being a spaceship junkie, I will definitely try to become comfortable with using 3DC at least to the level shown in that video! I need to be creating my ships with freedom like that. (I'll worry about suffering the retopo pain later...)

BRAVO on the new release and thanks again so much for the nurnie kit!

-Will

Yes, thanks for the update! Keep up the great work!

Congratulations!

Hope You like spaceship video and greebles :)

By the way, retopo of this model is not really a problem.

Part 2 Video!!!Hehe. I have not retopo or seen any video of retopo of objects like that. Its usually organic models.

Part 2 Video!!!Hehe. I have not retopo or seen any video of retopo of objects like that. Its usually organic models.

Yeah I second this, I would love to see how you go about retopoing that, it looks great Tinker, well done and a big thanks for the greebles :)

I hadn't followed the auto retopo feature closely during development. Now that I tried it, it's unbelievably awesome!

I quickly sculpted the bust of a creature and ran the auto retopo. Even with all the default options it generated a great mesh! I know I can go ahead and provide hints to perfect it further but even the default behavior was nothing short of amazing! Thanks for this amazing tool!

Without doubt a Masterpiece, thank you Andrew and team, also thanks to Tinker for the video and parts library truely insperational. :clapping:

Excellent update.

The one thing I would like to have in the Retopo room is the ability to spin edges.

Say you auto Retoped a model but a few edges needs to flow in a different direction, then just spin a few edges and you are done.

The one thing I would like to have in the Retopo room is the ability to spin edges.

:good:

The new 3.5 version is the best I had so far! Thank you. But still some complains in surface mode.

Update: using the new material everything works fine, sorry. Great work Andrew.

Excellent update.

Say you auto Retoped a model but a few edges needs to flow in a different direction, then just spin a few edges and you are done.

It's already there. :)

Pick "Select" tool,be sure to be in edges mode..now in commands you should see "spin" and "spin back" buttons,this is what you are looking for.

Pick "Select" tool,be sure to be in edges mode..now in commands you should see "spin" and "spin back" buttons,this is what you are looking for.

how about straighten edgeloops in xyz or average straighten? For straightening crooked edgeloops.

Hey thanks, :drinks:

I wonder why this is hidden, their looks to be more than enough space on the side bar to have it there all the time.

I believe it's hidden because you can't use it with any other tool, so the idea is probably to only show you tools you can currently use.

very cool release! I like the new features a lot, they really take 3DC a giant leap higher.

So many things I've never noticed! Works great. Thanks for pointing it out!

Greg