3DCoat Forums

I canT open some old projects :P

all crash

-----------------------------

Exception code:C0000005
3D-COAT 4.0.04(CUDA)(DX64)

Reopen its using 3.7 and saving new version solved the issue.

duno why...

May be the v4.03 was very bugged ?

Edited by carlosa

all crash

duno why...

Strange, could be good if you will drop me link to one of projects.

• Advanced Member

Updated to 4.0.04 (Win)

Changes:

- VRML2 export/import for better compatibility with 3d-printers

- File dialog for Windows got better functionality (just become standard) - http://3d-coat.com/files/filedialog.png

- Baking ppp->ppp problem fixed, there was unnecessary seams while baking

- Clear all layers button in layers panel

- more convenient placing for primitives - "Place on pen" options and sub-options, see primitives tool

- different other mantis reported problems fixed

It is in regular downloads.

Is this release a bug fix for v 4.0.03 or is it a beta for version 5 ?

• Reputable Contributor

Updated to 4.0.04 (Win)

Changes:

- VRML2 export/import for better compatibility with 3d-printers

- File dialog for Windows got better functionality (just become standard) - http://3d-coat.com/files/filedialog.png

- Baking ppp->ppp problem fixed, there was unnecessary seams while baking

- Clear all layers button in layers panel

- more convenient placing for primitives - "Place on pen" options and sub-options, see primitives tool

- different other mantis reported problems fixed

It is in regular downloads.

Is this release a bug fix for v 4.0.03 or is it a beta for version 5 ?

There is no Beta 5...not even close. There will typically be a full version cycle for V4 (ie. 4.5, 4.7, etc), well before there is a V5 beta.

• Reputable Contributor

4.0.04 moved to beta downloads on main page because of problem mentioned by Carlosa.

Fix comes tomorrow.

Andrew, there is no Beta downloads section on the mainpage. There is no beta download section anywhere except the old V4 Beta thread. Would you please test this by trying to download a beta for yourself? All there is on the mainpage is a "Stable Release" option. That takes you to the download trial page. If you click on the download button, you get a login, to enter your email info, ect. We have to go through the Trial section (and enter our e-mail info) every time we want to download a new build? So, we are downloading a trial every time? That's the process as of now.

It's not strange at all. Lots of companies do it. Some companies even require you to create an account if you wish to use a trial or demo version, that I think is too far. But a single email address? Not so much of an issue and is quite common.

Further, it's going off topic. If you'd like to continue that in another thread, please do so. Thanks.

• Reputable Contributor

Yea I always fround that strange. Why does downloading a trial require an email address? Have to imagine thats turned off some potential customers who dont like giving out info just to try a product.

I'm just talking about regular users having to do this each time. Never had to "check in at the front desk" every time you want to download a new build.

• Contributor

all crash

duno why...

I have the same problem (Exc. C0000005) with some of my projects. :(

I'm using V4.0.04

I didn't try to open them with V3. I don't want to break anything.

• Advanced Member

So this is where we go now instead of the V4 Beta thread?

Andrew, any comment about 3DCoat continuously opening ports until it reached its limit and you cannot save any more?

(Linux Fedora 18, non cuda)

T.

• Contributor

Yeah I'm confused about where to download the betas now. Also, which builds are the betas? I can't tell if the new builds are just updates to the Version 4 release, or if they are the new beta builds for the upcoming release. Also, the downloads are taking a very long time now...at least thirty minutes, sometimes more. The downloads used to be very fast (a few minutes). I don't feel like downloading them often anymore, just every few months or so.

• Advanced Member

In 4.0.04A(CUDA)(DX64)

reseting the scale, position and axis of a primitive cone,

turn it into a cylinder.

After that the reset buttons has no effect on other primitive shapes.

I wonder what's wrong with it.

Anyone noticed that?

Any comment about 3DCoat continuously opening ports until it reached its limit and you cannot save any more?

Tser, please download just uploaded 4.0.04A build. It has been tested under stress conditions with Autosave on every frame thousand times in a row. System>Administration>System Monitor>3d-coat-64>Right Mouse Button>Open Files shows that this build correctly opens and closes files.

• Advanced Member

Tser, please download just uploaded 4.0.04A build. It has been tested under stress conditions with Autosave on every frame thousand times in a row. System>Administration>System Monitor>3d-coat-64>Right Mouse Button>Open Files shows that this build correctly opens and closes files.

O.K. Sergyi, where do I download the Linux version 4.0.04A from?

And the problem isn't with autosave, its with the program constantly opening ports (files) until 3DCoat has opened so many (over 1000), that 3DCoat cannot save or open any file, these ports (files) which it tries to open are not closed, you either have to stop 3DCoat from opening ports or make it close the ports it has opened.

T.