3DCoat Forums
Andrew Shpagin

3DCoat 4.8 BETA testing thread

1 hour ago, SERGYI said:

We stopped to build "3DCoat" only under old Linux CentOS 6 ("GCC" compiler from old CentOS 6 makes errors during optimizations). But soon we will try to make native "3DCoat" build under newest Ubuntu using its latest "GCC" with all possible optimizations. That should increase speed of "3DCoat" and will make "3DCoat" builds under Linux regular.

That's reassuring. Thank you for the explanation, SERGYI.

1 hour ago, SERGYI said:

We stopped to build "3DCoat" only under old Linux CentOS 6 ("GCC" compiler from old CentOS 6 makes errors during optimizations). But soon we will try to make native "3DCoat" build under newest Ubuntu using its latest "GCC" with all possible optimizations. That should increase speed of "3DCoat" and will make "3DCoat" builds under Linux regular.

Thanks Sergyi, though if I can please implore you to make sure it works on Centos 7.5 and follows the VFX Platform specs, otherwise it can't be used at the studios... 

• Like 1

Thx for the reply Sergyi . Thumbs up for keeping Linux builds going.

I second the sentiment of trying to build under Centos 7 (7.5) - in my workshop we use "enterprise" distro as well, and those tend to have glibc that is not as "fresh" as the one in recently released Ubuntu.

Edited by Przemas
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, SERGYI said:

That's good news. It would be helpful to post this statement on the download page, under the Linux logo, so all Linux users can see it without having to dig through the forum to find it, or ask again. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, AbnRanger said:

I'm on a 1080 and have no such problems. Could be completely different, though, with the 20xx series. Go to the EDIT menu > Preferences Panel > General Tab > toward the bottom of the panel, there is a option for V-Sync. Try switching it and see if that fixes the issue. It's supposed to limit the FPS to the max your monitor will run at.

thanks , but made it worst haha 

- Edge width correction for Cube mapping, own settings panel for cube mapping

- EPS files import corrected.

- fixed problem of 16/32 bit tiff/exr alphas importing.

- fixed double undo problem in pose tool and lasso/rect selection

- Restored Rotate/scale controls in transform gizmo

- Correct undo after voxelization of the volume, attached to curve.

- Load/Save for noise

- fixed problem in curves tool - sometimes only one instance of the model was appearing.

- Importing multiple 3dcpack-s, enabled supports

- fixed negative alpha issue

• Like 8

4.8.32-SL
When calculating occlusion and for light baking : "separate paint objects" does not work in vertex painting mode. (it does not separate sculpt objects, only paint objects)

(Yes, yes there is a workaround, bake a separate map for each object, but...)

Edited by lesaint

You have it listed as 4.8.32, but I think it should be 4.8.33

Looks like a nice update.  I will try it out.

Hey everyone,

I quickly did the following tests:

1- I tried to import a file in EXR format (dragging from the windows explorer folder) and 3D-Coat closed (crash!) And asked to save the project.
- In the "Open texture" option of the Alphas palette there is no option of choosing the EXR extension to open. So, for me to try to open the EXR, I drag the file from the folder into 3D-Coat and for me the program closes (crash!) At the same time.

2- In the other test, I tried to use the Edit The 16-bit Tif option and the problem of opening the alpha continues. An error message and when the external editor opens, there is no alpha, but the document appears with black background.

image.thumb.png.d58361a1d24ce7195929b8ae79d57dd2.png

3- When you try to delete alphas from the Alphas palette, using the Delete Alpha option, 3D-Coat will momentarily delete, because when you exit the program and return, the alphas you deleted will return. For me to permanently delete an alpha that I do not want anymore, I go to the \ textures \ patterns \ directory and delete it directly, that way when I exit the program and the alpha is actually deleted.

4- When I use the Save to PSD / TIF option, saving the TIF option, the saved file can not be opened. When I went to check in Gimp happens the same error of test (2) IMAGE above. An error message appears and the document with black background appears.

What exactly were the fixes related to Alphas? I will still try to discover and test.

4 hours ago, Andrew Shpagin said:

- fixed problem of 16/32 bit tiff/exr alphas importing.

4 hours ago, Andrew Shpagin said:

- fixed negative alpha issue

2 hours ago, Rygaard said:

2- In the other test, I tried to use the Edit The 16-bit Tif option and the problem of opening the alpha continues. An error message and when the external editor opens, there is no alpha, but the document appears with black background.

I'm only guessing but the black phenomenon might have something to do with gimp not understanding adobe color schemes.

11 minutes ago, The_Mikeman said:

I'm only guessing but the black phenomenon might have something to do with gimp not understanding adobe color schemes. 

I do not understand much, but I forgot to mention that I also tested on Krita.
The difference is that in Krita the error message dialog box does not appear, but the document with black background appears and a completely different alpha than it really is.
My true Alpha is replaced by a square alpha.
I do not know why this happened and this square alpha came up.
(I captured the image for you to see what happens in Krita).
image.thumb.png.a12c6cdd2c736f3cbfd55939b0b3a6ae.png

If I'm not mistaken this also happens in Photoshop.

Assign Photoshop as default, look at channels in Photoshop

26 minutes ago, Carlosan said:

Assign Photoshop as default, look at channels in Photoshop

I did not know that. Thank you very much for the information to see on the Alpha channel palette of the Programs when editing alphas in 16 Bits.
In the image, you may notice that in Gimp it appears differently from Photoshop and in Krita there is no Alpha.

image.png.17fb2d1fbeb300b177f605cd3e149367.png
I will try to do more testing by modifying the 16-bit alphas, saving and returning to 3D-Coat to see what will happen.
What I knew was just how to edit alphas in the Edit Ext. Editor that appeared the 4 channels in the Layers palette. I honestly did not know about the alphas in the Channels palette. Thank you very much. I will continue to test.

Move this specific conversation into a new thread.

Sometimes it’s a good idea to continue a specific line of conversation in a new topic.

Thx

It is not directly about current beta, but hope to add request about Tiff for future beta.

The problem is Other many soft ware can not full support Tiff layer. Only photo shop user can manage Tiff alpha as brash :(

I already found same problem , when I tried to convert brush as square size, with 3d coat training video.

I could save as Tiff then re-import in 3d coat only, but I can not edit Tiff and re-import ti as Tiff about Gimp and Krita.

These aprication not full suport Tiff layer.  So I do not hope to use Photo shop and adobe products,, 

Hope if Andrew can offer way to handle 16 bit alpha brash (other format etc,,) for Gimp and Krita.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Andrew Shpagin said:

- Load/Save for noise

Oh my! Thank you for this!

This little thing is actually great!

Screenshot_4.jpg.4fd39eb6f85dbfc7e8ce5de35824b78d.jpg

Edited by druh0o
  • Like 1

whenever 3Dcoat have a new tool, quickaccess slides.

I always use quickaccess. it is not convenient.

in this picture, quickaccess1 is Move tool. but it changes Fit tool.:(

quickaccess.png.72ed60ca4327264772b88afcce9c50e1.png

On 9/21/2017 at 4:03 PM, Cleitus said:

When you add new environment map to all of color become black

Switching off greyscale helps ?

Greyscale.jpg

On 1/31/2019 at 9:19 PM, Rygaard said:

Hey everyone,

I quickly did the following tests:

1- I tried to import a file in EXR format (dragging from the windows explorer folder) and 3D-Coat closed (crash!) And asked to save the project.
- In the "Open texture" option of the Alphas palette there is no option of choosing the EXR extension to open. So, for me to try to open the EXR, I drag the file from the folder into 3D-Coat and for me the program closes (crash!) At the same time.

I tried to drop EXR and it works as expected. Please send me that EXR to andrewshpagin@gmail.com

On 1/31/2019 at 9:19 PM, Rygaard said:

image.thumb.png.d58361a1d24ce7195929b8ae79d57dd2.png

I downloaded and installed GIMP. It opens tif with error message, but alpha channels are correct.

Andrew please re-save it in Gimp again, and how change (overwrite) in 3d coat.

with use 3d coat option (save as psd/Tiff)  edit as 16bit Tiff etc.

after overwrite alpha in Gimp  (16bit Tiff),  the brush can not use any more (lost height map) in 3d coat.

I use GImp 2.10.  it can open Tiff as 16bit but problem seems happen when edit and save (export) to re-use it in 3d coat

Sorry, I have not downloaded Windows [4.8.33]:wacko:  from up-date logs.

if new version solve about Tiff ,really thank Andrew. I test again.  (and thanks you try to solve about negative (concave) alpha)