3DCoat Forums
Andrew Shpagin

3DCoat 4.9 BETA testing thread

On 6/29/2020 at 2:59 AM, Carlosan said:

@popwfx Thx for your reply. Yes, i know about UVsets. I was asking to assign 2 different UVmaps to same polygons. As i remember is not possible to generate Lightmaps.

Hi @carlosan Within 3DCoat I don't think it is possible - because you can only "Move UV islands" from one UV set to another.  But in other apps it is very possible to have polygons which are in 2 different UV maps.  Lightwave can do this - I'm sure Blender too.  I just created a cube in Lightwave and created 2 different UV maps - they are in different layouts and have different names - I just exported as FBX and imported into 3DC for painting and it seems 3DC kept both texture map names but stripped the polys from the 2nd map.  I guess 3DC does not allow the same polys across multiple maps but other programs do???

• Thanks 1

Is anyone having any problems with the Texture Baking Tool baking to external low poly meshes in this beta version?  I'm getting grey maps out of it.  Is this a bug?

6 hours ago, MorganNilsson said:

That color setting is gone in multiple places I've discovered now, it is also gone for lights in the render room.

Yes, Gone ! in the windows version too, all colour pickers gone except colour palette

6 hours ago, MorganNilsson said:

That color setting is gone in multiple places I've discovered now, it is also gone for lights in the render room.

I'm pretty sure the colour pickers in the shaders were still there when I installed the new version.
I distinctly remember changing colors on one of my shaders when using the new projector feature.
the pickers vanished only recently. I noticed something was odd, but I could not put my finger on it until you reported it.

I wonder, did you enable "show activity bar" in preferences > beta tools ?
Because that is one thing I did not do right away, only a few days ago, and I wonder if that could be when the pickers vanished.
disabling it does not bring back the pickers though.

The "Activity Bar" also vanishes when going into the fill tool in the paint room, it only appears again if you go into preferences and press apply again. (If you do it with the fill tool active, the tool options vanish as well)

Screenshot 2020-07-05 at 12.00.27.png

activity bar still disappears in 4.9.53 in paint room (haven't checked in other rooms)when e.g select fill, erase tool.

• Thanks 1

7.07.20 4.9.54 (stable)

- Activity bar disappearing fixed (I hope this time finally)

- Possibility to disable axial translation bars.

- fixed freeze with empty STL. 

• Like 2

Somehow i can't get rid of the problem with the activity bar disappearing when I switch tools in paint room ( 7.07.20 4.9.54).

I deleted options.xml in case something could change but it didn't work.

I always uninstall the previous version before I install the latest one, so I can't guess what might be wrong!

Activity bar disappearing is not fixed :(

Do I need Catalina Mac OS to run 8.9.54?

Hi 

It runs under macOS 10.13 and under new macOS 10.15

Why would depth painting stop working on the Spline Paint Tool?  I've obviously got the Depth painting on and a % for the value - but for some reason it stopped writing to the normal map channel but only with the Spline Paint Tool - the normal paint brush works fine

I rebooted and installed .54 and that too doesn't work anymore on spline paint tool??