3DCoat Forums

• Advanced Member
Can you try 32-bit version? If crash will appear send me bugreport, it will help much (but 32 bit reports are much more informative).

Also, if you can tell what are you was doing before crash, it could be very useful too.

I reproduce the crash but I doesn't send the url with the option to report the crash.

here you can download the video.

http://www.divshare.com/download/7951584-a50

Am going to try the 32 bit version

• Advanced Member

@Andrew

as I see on Twitter you're implementing hiding on per voxel base at the moment, which will be a great improvement! :clapping:

Is it possible to implement painting of a mask to leave voxels unaffected by the current brush the same way? :unknw:

greez, Rene

• Contributor
@Andrew

as I see on Twitter you're implementing hiding on per voxel base at the moment, which will be a great improvement! :clapping:

Is it possible to implement painting of a mask to leave voxels unaffected by the current brush the same way? :unknw:

greez, Rene

Totally second that. Especialy for hard surface sculpting...

Cool. That sounds great. I just read his tweet as well. You can get some good looking sharp corners right now, but this will take it to a step or two higher in that department. Very good.

• Contributor

I found the reason of huge usability problem with retopology.

post-1407-1248249999_thumb.jpg

As you can see on this images, 3D-Coat project strokes from "environment" not from camera. So, if behind camera there is voxel object, you cant work on surface in front of camera, you will work on that back surface instead.

I cant say i like it, but i understand, its peculiarity of a program, how voxels work, etc.

But in Retopo mode its definitely not good, bcos if you start making topology between for example hand and torso, you cant work at all: all points you create will appear on the surface at camera's back. Add to this lack of hide tool in topo mode and you get huge pain in the ass. Now, i can barely continue work bcos of it.

Could you do something with it? Points/polygons are less tricky then voxels, maybe you can base them on camera, not "outside"?

Thank you!

I found the reason of huge usability problem with retopology.

post-1407-1248249999_thumb.jpg

As you can see on this images, 3D-Coat project strokes from "environment" not from camera. So, if behind camera there is voxel object, you cant work on surface in front of camera, you will work on that back surface instead.

I cant say i like it, but i understand, its peculiarity of a program, how voxels work, etc.

But in Retopo mode its definitely not good, bcos if you start making topology between for example hand and torso, you cant work at all: all points you create will appear on the surface at camera's back. Add to this lack of hide tool in topo mode and you get huge pain in the ass. Now, i can barely continue work bcos of it.

Could you do something with it? Points/polygons are less tricky then voxels, maybe you can base them on camera, not "outside"?

Thank you!

Understod about voxesl, but not understood about retopo.

Можно написать по русски если хочешь :)

• Contributor

В режиме топологии тоже нельзя ставить точки и полигоны, когда за спиной у камеры воксели. Они вместо этого появляются снаружи, на поверхности которая за спиной у камеры.

Попробуйте в сфере проделать "пещеру", залететь туда камерой, развернуться на 90 градусов и создать полигон.

И "динамическая точка вращения вьюпорта" тоже не работает в этой ситуации.

Это оказалось довольно серьезной проблемой, например на модельке которую сейчас делаю обнаружились места куда я просто не могу добраться чтобы закончить топологию. Я загоняю туда камеру, а создать ничего в этом месте не могу.

P.S. еще насчет юзабилити топологии: может стоит сделать у инструмента "quad" по правой кнопке мыши движение вершин, как в режиме "points&faces" или "add/split". На практике еще ни разу не понадобилось двигать ребра, а вот переключаться с этого инструмента на другие, чтобы подвинуть вершину, приходится постоянно. Для этого ктомуже есть более точный инструмент slide edges (который кстати было бы неплохо заменить на slide edge loops).

Спасибо! :)

В режиме топологии тоже нельзя ставить точки и полигоны, когда за спиной у камеры воксели. Они место этого появляются снаружи, на поверхности которая за спиной у камеры.

Понял. Исправил.

(Undersfood. Fixed)

В режиме топологии тоже нельзя ставить точки и полигоны, когда за спиной у камеры воксели. Они вместо этого появляются снаружи, на поверхности которая за спиной у камеры.

Попробуйте в сфере проделать "пещеру", залететь туда камерой, развернуться на 90 градусов и создать полигон.

И "динамическая точка вращения вьюпорта" тоже не работает в этой ситуации.

Это оказалось довольно серьезной проблемой, например на модельке которую сейчас делаю обнаружились места куда я просто не могу добраться чтобы закончить топологию. Я загоняю туда камеру, а создать ничего в этом месте не могу.

А сейчас можно использовать Hide

• Advanced Member

32 bit Rendering in 32Bit Version 3.00.08I without CUDA still doesn't work! In DX Version object to render is disappearing while render process...in GL Version 3DC freezes after hitting "Render" :(

Regards, Rene

Cool news from Andrew if you haven't heard:

"Sketch tool - get model from 2 or 3 projections from reference images"

"First experiments was very successful, so tomorrow it will be finished"

That must have been the surprise he was mentioning. Very cool.

• Advanced Member
If the sketch tool is what i think it is then hooray. This will be a fantastic addition as I miss Curvy 3d on my Mac for that exact reason.

Cheers

Mike R

Heya Mykyl,

Good to see ya here. I'm curious as well.

M

Absolutely agree Taros, and I've done this too. It's come up a number of times. Please, if you have a bug, post it in the bug section, if you have a feature request, post it in the feature request section. I may make a sticky thread with some general reminder information. Let's keep these forums clean and organized so it's easy for Andrew to find the information you're trying to tell him! :)

• Advanced Member

Well actually I think each sub forum's subject matter tends to have a lot of overlap in them. For instance:

3dCoat, Volumetric sculpting development, New releases and Beta. they all have some room in there to get confused about where you are supposed to post. 3d Coat subforum could accept any of the other 2. Volumetric sculpting development, could accept new releases and beta. New releases and beta could accept the other two.

And then of course if you are in the beta forum and something comes to mind that is highly topical you may think to place a feature request directly underneath a newly committed item or some bug or something. Then the 2 WIP forums =)

But honestly I don't mind it either way.

• Advanced Member
V?ry curious about this new sketch tool! Is it photogrammetry?!

If this is the case you could build a model very quickly using a greyscale image or a shaded pencil sketch. How cool would that be :)

Faster Retop

Now my wish would be to be able to "Somehow" speed up the retopology end of things or allow "Quadrangulate" to somehow have more predictable results or quads that would flow along proper seam lines, so the quads would flow more in a straight line along arms, legs, torso etc. Right now the quads twist when quadrangulate is applied to an arm or leg. I think this has to do with the Voxels being like clay and not uniform so the polys just map to the contour and disregards edgeflow.

I suggested a while back (feature requests) a simple solution for quick retopology, where a person could draw in the edgeflow and then Quadrangulate could fill in the gaps with Quads. This would allow for a predictable edgeflow and would not require the time consuming task of manually adding each poly.

You would "Mark" where you wanted your edges to go, so for example you could mark down the front and back of the leg and then use Quadrangulate to fill in the quads automatically. There may be some small adjustments of the polys but you could use the Retop "Brush" tool for that. Currently if you quadrangulate a leg the polys will be twisted and "Unorganized" so they need to be retoped by hand to fix. This method may be a real time saver and allow for quicker retop.