3DCoat Forums

Works alright for me. I'm on an older version of the nvidia drivers. Version 340.52.

When the new raytraced AO baker is implemented, could we please leave the old/current Light array method in there as an option? That would be cool.

...And the new OCL based AO is really freakin' fast. Thanks Andrew!

I tried everything I could think of. deleting all the config files in the MyDocs/3D Coat 4.5 directory. Same problem. Clean install of the newest NVidia driver. Then the one you were using. It's been a waste of about an hour, chasing down a solution

Damn, I'm sorry to hear this. :(

Is there any chance that this version has a memory leak or something similar?

Whatever i try to open that used the new AO is eating the memory rapidly and 3d coat hangs up along with my workstation. 

Edited by Michaelgdrs

If I try to do a AO calculation with the new version and OpenCL, I get the following error. This window then pops up 3-4 times and after that 3d-coat crashes. The CPU calculation works fine.

post-39123-0-47434300-1437387333_thumb.p

Edited by red2blue

Some first statements of mine after new AO routine tests with the default voxel character. I have autopologized him. Later I have reorganized the uvs manually.

The first results of version 4.5.07:

- AO Calculation much faster (very good).

- Quality "unfortunately" the same like before. No improvements here. Gaps are calculated bright, why? (See screenshot)

- Normalmap recalculation artefacts after UV adjustments.

It depends on the models you use, but the quality could be a bit better. Overall it is a good improvement. The calculation speed is worth to take a look at 3D-Coats AO routine yet.

post-955-0-08695500-1437387490_thumb.jpg

Ok. Then this is a misunderstanding on my side. Sorry.

I guess it will be better with raytraced ambient occlusion later.

When I try to start 3D Coat the new beta (4.5.07) I get a message that the program can't be launched because OpenCL.dll file is missing.

4.5.06 launches without problems. Windows 10 64Bit.

When I try to start 3D Coat the new beta (4.5.07) I get a message that the program can't be launched because OpenCL.dll file is missing.

- current graca drivers?

- 3D-Coat uninstalled and reinstalled?

What videocard used?

I copied OpenC.dll ad OpenCL64.dll in public google folder. Try to copy them to installation folder.

Back off of the latest NVidia drivers, I had the same problem. Go back one version. I too am on Windows 10.

@Andrew At work I first tried the older NVidia drivers but they crash hard on this Windows 10 install. So I had to go with the new drivers, funny thing is that 4.5.0.7 is working fine with the new drivers and Windows 10. What is different is that here at work I'm using a GTX 780Ti and and home I'm using the GTX 970.

Edited by unity2k

3DC 3.05.07 works fine on GTX 660 Ti with drivers 353.30 on my work machine with Windows 7.

Edited by Vipera

3DC 3.05.07 works fine on GTX 660 Ti with drivers 353.30 on my work machine with Windows 7.

Not on my GTX 580 with 353.30. Renders all black

Reverted back to nVidia driver 352.84 (Geforce GTX 680) and put the opencl.dll files from the public google folder into the 3DCoat installation folder. Working now, thanks.

GTX 470 350.12 everything works fine except this memory leak that eats my ram in seconds and i cant open my scenes at all.

Can someone point me to the previous version so i can download it please?

Thank you.

Much appreciated Carlos , but i dont see 4.5.06A that i was looking for....

Thank you very very much.

Doing a little auto retopo on a project and I notice when I use the Hard Surface option especially with Smooth Resulting Mesh on, it makes an awful mess of the polygons. I'm not sure if this is new, I've never really tried the Hard Surface option before.

post-466-0-31056400-1437512348_thumb.jpg

ugh ok cheers AbnRanger. seems like a cool feature to have. similar to editing alpha's etc in zbrush. Well i put a mantis request in so hopefully it will get addressed in the future. I really hope paintroom will get a solid pass on it soon. There is still a long way to go and substance painter is fast catching up. Freezing is still messed up in PBR viewport. cant hide the mask or remove the harsh black visual look. viewpoint rendering improvements, brushes, adjustments etc. 

ive been documenting improvments/bugs here throw in your suggestions AbnRanger/others if u have any:

Paintroom Improvements/Bugs:

http://3d-coat.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=14837

Edited by Boonta