3D Coat Forums
Andrew Shpagin

3DCoat 4.7 (BETA testing thread)

Andrew can you check attachment?

Why is there always a gray bg color where it should be transparent?
Very easy to see if you export out png. Its never been fixed.

Also that black boxes Javis mentioned has always been there since 3dcoat 3. Don't think it has been fixed.

Edited by geo_n

Ok, I corrected this, please try

4.7.05 (beta, close to stable)

- completely transparent pixels on exported color textures will be black instead of grey.

• Like 2

Thank you so much for all fixes and Marmoset export preset.

So proud for being part of this masterpiece and i really mean it.

Edited by Michaelgdrs

Thanks for your hard work Andrew!

Now for the test of the new build, were one step closer. At least now in PS we can Select> Color Range> Mask. Because deleting can be really destructive, I don't consider this a real solution.

Andrew, can you program it so the pixels are transparent? This is the only real way to get exactly what you're painting in 3DC into any other application. It's the only solution, anything else requires destructive workflows.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Javis said:

Thanks for your hard work Andrew!

Now for the test of the new build, were one step closer. At least now in PS we can Select> Color Range> Mask. Because deleting can be really destructive, I don't consider this a real solution.

Andrew, can you program it so the pixels are transparent? This is the only real way to get exactly what you're painting in 3DC into any other application. It's the only solution, anything else requires destructive workflows.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

What dou you mean? Color is exported with alpha channel, so I see no problem there.

On 3.7.2016 at 6:36 AM, Andrew Shpagin said:

4.7.04 (beta, very possibly stable)

- Share item/folder works correctly for smart materials

Unfortuantely it still does not work in this way. The regular materials export via file menu works.

Thank you

Just noticed there is some weird behavior when rotating with the Curve tool active (green sphere) via the Voxel room when Symmetry is turned on. It seems to jump around and fly towards the navigation camera. Checked back and noticed this is happening in older builds as well as the released one.

On 7/7/2016 at 0:27 PM, dimitribastos said:

Any chances of a Modo exporting preset? :(

I'll share mine with Andrew, maybe he'll include it in the release build. :)

• Like 1

I created UV-sets named 1001 and 1002 in the retopo room and distributed my geometry between them. After baking for PPP, my sets were inverted. 1001 was renamed to 1002 and 1002 to 1001. Why does this happen?

Not sure if this is fixed  in latest build . I am using 4.7.01 DX64   win 8.1       In paint room > shaders>  add new  then when I try to rename it = crash.   Also if I add new  then add new shader name it = crash  .  I did import a model  in to ppp not sure if that matters. thanks.

I have encountered two serious bugs in Pose tool with Conform Retopo Mesh flag active.

First bug is that when you have multiple retopo VoxTree layers and retopo groups corresponding to each other, if you take pose tool and make a selection on voxtree layer A, then select geometry on layer B and C, and try to pose them, parts of each of the corresponding retopo groups will transform with those layers, but the other parts will stay in place.

The other bug I found when I tried to find a workaround for the issue above. I merged voxtree layers B and C without bolleans to layer A and attempted to pose voxtree layer A. This resulted in corresponding retopo groups offseting from the highres mesh.

I will try to document it with videos as best as I can, and send it directly to support.

Erm, I think it was me forgetting to turn on Through All Volumes, to pose also those volumes which had their geometry selected with the pose tool, but weren't selected in the voxtree. Because of that, some vertices of retopo groups were snapping to highres geometry that didn't deform along with the other parts...

I realized that after watching a video that I have just recorded for the purpose of sending it to support. :D

eLC8ZaI.jpg

Edited by ajz3d
  • Like 2

On ‎09‎/‎07‎/‎2016 at 5:48 PM, Javis said:

I'll share mine with Andrew, maybe he'll include it in the release build. :)

This is great! Thank you! :)

• Like 1

On ‎27‎/‎06‎/‎2016 at 1:00 AM, AbnRanger said:

Anybody else having issues with 3D Coat crashing when you've left it open/running > take a break and come back to it (clicking on the minimized instance)? It's happened to me at least 4-5 times this past week, regardless of what scene I had opened.

Also, has anyone noticed that 4.7 beta has a nasty problem selecting UV islands that aren't even selected/visible?

146699989411.jpg

Same here regarding the minimized window. Sent a lot of crash info to the support. Hope they fix it.

2 hours ago, dimitribastos said:

Same here regarding the minimized window. Sent a lot of crash info to the support. Hope they fix it.

Yeah, it seemed to stop doing it since I installed 4.7.06, and it didn't seem to happen with the OpenGL version.

1 minute ago, AbnRanger said:

Yeah, it seemed to stop doing it since I installed 4.7.06, and it didn't seem to happen with the OpenGL version.

Can't find the 4.7.06 Windows download. :(

15 minutes ago, dimitribastos said:

Can't find the 4.7.06 Windows download. :(

I don't know why Andrew didn't put 4.7.06 in the normal install folder, but it is available from the main page > Downloads:

http://3dcoat.com/download/

He and most others in Pilgway went on vacation right after the release, so they were probably in a hurry. :D

• Like 1

On 7/12/2016 at 4:03 AM, dimitribastos said:

This is great! Thank you! :)

My pleasure. BTW Andrew is on vacation for a spell, so it probably wont happen until he returns. 

I am on 4.7.01 DX   in paint room  with all channels on when I paint the bottom of any object it is not as glossy /reflective  as the rest. meaning when I rotate it to the top it should be all the same as the light is now on it. I must be missing a setting somewhere .

Can you test the last version 4.7.6 ?

ty

On 7/5/2016 at 11:50 PM, Andrew Shpagin said:

What dou you mean? Color is exported with alpha channel, so I see no problem there.

Attention

Png doesn't have alpha channel when opened in photoshop. So we need it to be transparent in the rgb channel. Just please add it Andrew.
The png files always had a gray color in the transparent areas in the rgb channel which is wrong.

• Like 1

Preview of material specular intecity is quite different from actual result. 

Preview is on the left, actual result after painting is on right.

881c4fed81074ed0a690fe69081f37bc.jpeg

Edited by JoseConseco

Hi, can you please do the same test using

Smart Material > metals > mirror

ty !