3D Coat Forums
Andrew Shpagin

3DCoat 4.8 BETA testing thread

On 1/31/2019 at 3:21 PM, Andrew Shpagin said:

- Edge width correction for Cube mapping, own settings panel for cube mapping

:yahoo:TriplanarTuneUp.thumb.gif.6adbdb484068d358157ba064eed40844.gif

Soooooooooo wonderful addition to the already excellent painting toolset, many thank 3DCoat team ! I love you, again

Regarding the Blend, could it be possible (as well as good idea ?) to have some modes like Modulate2X, Add, Multiply, Lighten...etc ? Or add an input texture the user can pick (a grayscale map) to use it as lerp's alpha ?

Edited by Vexod14
  • Like 4

12 hours ago, Vexod14 said:

:yahoo:TriplanarTuneUp.thumb.gif.6adbdb484068d358157ba064eed40844.gif

Soooooooooo wonderful addition to the already excellent painting toolset, many thank 3DCoat team ! I love you, again

Regarding the Blend, could it be possible (as well as good idea ?) to have some modes like Modulate2X, Add, Multiply, Lighten...etc ? Or add an input texture the user can pick (a grayscale map) to use it as lerp's alpha ?

Glad to hear that! But what do you mean - "Regarding the Blend, could it be possible (as well as good idea ?) to have some modes like Modulate2X, Add, Multiply, Lighten...etc ? Or add an input texture the user can pick (a grayscale map) to use it as lerp's alpha ?"
Lerp between cubemap sides? And operations to apply material on the layer? Or to blend between cubemap sides?

• Like 1

I don't know how it's done but yeah, I'm talking about the blend between cubemap sides ;)

Oh wow, Yess, awesome ! I could not find that panel after seeing the release notes, until just now when I saw Vexod's screenshot.

• Like 1

New beta is very unstable for me. Crashed 10+ times today, texturing a character. Doing simple stuff like filling objects with solid color (rectangle lasso tool), and shortly after duplicating layers mostly.

Also, using the lasso stroke modes in the UV window don't work correctly. Instead of filling the area that is actually selected, they only produce stripe-like artifacts.crash.jpg

Edited by wilson66

Lattice bug?

If that's not a feature it could be a bug with the  " Custom Primitive Lattice " --- the "Y-axis-resize-gizmo-handles" are greyed out.

It's OK in 4.7.35.....

002.thumb.png.56aed66d040e150da4ef214c3dc6ef9f.png

..... but in 4.8.33 it's not.

001.thumb.png.a860f56236736552b725eb29d4ef285e.png

12 minutes ago, The_Mikeman said:

Lattice bug?

If that's not a feature it could be a bug with the  " Custom Primitive Lattice " --- the "Y-axis-resize-gizmo-handles" are greyed out.

It's OK in 4.7.35.....

002.thumb.png.56aed66d040e150da4ef214c3dc6ef9f.png

..... but in 4.8.33 it's not.

001.thumb.png.a860f56236736552b725eb29d4ef285e.png

That may be bad graphics. If they highlight when you mouse over, they are fine.

13 hours ago, Tony Nemo said:

That may be bad graphics. If they highlight when you mouse over, they are fine.

No graphics issues here. It's a weird bug.

Explanation:

If you initially change the X/Y/Z-cage point amounts  in the tool-options-dialog and then click on a point on the lattice the y-handles  will be greyed out.

But if you click on one specific point (it's some point  at the bottom of the model object) in the lattice,  they'll turn green.

You have to find the chosen one. :rofl:

4.8.33 I loaded up same lattice as  above and had the same Greyed out y handles but like The_Mikeman says if you keep trying other lattice points you will find one with it normal . then  On mine all  then began to work as normal  / expected . Also none of them would scale at all (xyz) but after finding the ONE that worked only then all began to work.