3DCoat Forums

3DCoat 2024 development thread

5 minutes ago, Yousung said:

How about adjusting the 'Clay relax degree' at the bottom of the Modifier item?

Tried all the options there, nothing seems to be working. All the VoX clay brushes are behaving as such. Surface mode is fine. Also these are all at default settings other than when I change it in the video.

Edited by ThomasJohann

• Advanced Member
1 hour ago, ThomasJohann said:

Tried all the options there, nothing seems to be working. All the VoX clay brushes are behaving as such. Surface mode is fine. Also these are all at default settings other than when I change it in the video.

thats actually build up bug too - disable buildup. buildup bugged on all brushes but different for each one

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ThomasJohann said:

Buildup is too aggressive, unable to use any voxel sculpting brushes without creating lumps everywhere even while using low pressure.

Try modifying PlaneOffset amount = 20%

PlaneOffset.jpg

• Like 1

In Paint Room, Color pallet will (or will not) be changed unintentionally as I switch Pen/Fill tools.

When I switch a tool from Pen to Fill, Color pallet will be changed to last color to fill. That could be ok. After that, Color pallet won't back to Pen's color if I get back to Pen tool, so Pen's color could be gone.

ver 2021.09

Edited by roentgen
add version
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, roentgen said:

In Paint Room, Color pallet will (or will not) be changed unintentionally as I switch Pen/Fill tools.

When I switch a tool from Pen to Fill, Color pallet will be changed to last color to fill. That could be ok. After that, Color pallet won't back to Pen's color if I get back to Pen tool, so Pen's color could be gone.

ver 2021.09

oh, Not "Pen" but "Brush", in English UI.

And more, "Ignore Back Faces"'s behavior seems be reversed for me.

22 hours ago, sprayer said:

please show exactly what key and menu not saving, because to me symmetry is saving for example, but @Andrew Shpagin window size of program is not saving again, in some version below it was store but not now

hmm it's about shortcuts at all; I think shortcuts should not be hardcoded;  in Blender I don't have a problem changing any shortcut I want, even I have Editpie menu ;] to push workflow more pro ....in photoshop some shortcuts are hardcoded like layer blendings, but they are hidden at all

• Like 1

• Contributor

Can we please have a new Linux build? We're still at 2021.06  as of July the 23rd.

We're missing out on a ton of bugfixes already present in more recent builds.

Could it be possible to streamline the internal building methodology so we wouldn't have to wait for days before the Linux build is released? It would mean a lot to some of us. Thanks in advance. :)

Edited by Allabulle
  • Like 1

• Advanced Member
59 minutes ago, tcwik said:

hmm it's about shortcuts at all; I think shortcuts should not be hardcoded;  in Blender I don't have a problem changing any shortcut I want, even I have Editpie menu ;] to push workflow more pro ....in photoshop some shortcuts are hardcoded like layer blendings, but they are hidden at all

I mean to fix bug you need to show how replicate to Andrew, i cannot replicate with symmetry (what you marked on screenshot). so you showing how to check this or it's problem in your pc only.

23.07.21 2021.10

- Full support of Unicode. Now special characters are supported everywhere - paths, user folders, layers, objects, textures, items folders may contain non-ASCII characters. Even Photoshop interaction supports non-ASCII layer's names.

- File->Import commands are importing in addition to the current scene, does not clear the scene.

- Spline tool fixed - now adding/moving works over the mesh as well.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Reputable Contributor
15 hours ago, ThomasJohann said:

Nope, check out this video

If you can, please send this and any issues you may find with the brushes to Andrew, directly (AndrewShpagin@gmail.com), so he can address it quickly. It's important to get this new sculpt engine right (a LOT of trial and error work has gone into it, already) for everyone. I will try to send him a message about it, but your emails are a direct way to speak to him and offer feedback/input.

• Like 1

• Reputable Contributor
15 hours ago, ThomasJohann said:

Nope, check out this video

Extrusion is normally not intended to be so high, but in your example, the value seems to be inverted. I don't know if some other setting causes this inversion or if it's a bug. I will do some tests this evening and see what I can discover. 

• Like 1

On 7/23/2021 at 5:17 AM, Wizardkiss said:

I really like the new customizable rooms, but I've not been able to set up a custom room based on the Modeling room the way I want it.

The problem relates to the extrude tools (Free Extrude, Smart Extrude, Extrude Vertices, Extrude Faces and Spine Tool). There are two sets of these tools, one set in the Add Geometry section, which is always visible and seems to be redundant and unnecessary, and another set in the Selected section which is visible only when the select tool is active.

If I try to hide the the ones that appear in the Add Geometry section it hides the ones in the Selected section also, and vice versa.

If I try to move either of those two sections up or down or change the tools that are inside them it will seem fine at first but then a few minutes later it will randomly combine different sections together or scramble all the tools up. It's difficult to describe what is happening exactly because it randomly scrambles things in different ways at different times. I've spent hours on repeated attempts trying to get it to work somehow.

I've had no problem customizing new rooms based on the Sculpt room, it is just new rooms based on the Modeling room where I've encountered problems. I haven't tried customizing any others yet. I'm using version 22.07.21 2021.09.

Several rules:

1) Even if the tool appears in the script several times it will appear only the first time.

2) If you hide the tool via "Customize", it will be hidden everywhere in the tool panel in this room.

So the way is not to hide, but edit the script of the room manually from the room settings and reorder as you wish.

• Carlosan changed the title to 3DCoat 2024 suggestions
  • Carlosan pinned and unpinned this topic
  • Carlosan pinned this topic