3DCoat Forums

website-banner-1920px-release.jpg

So, we are one step closer to the release of the long-awaited 3DCoat 2021. Today we are happy to announce the start of the Open Beta Test for the 3DCoat 2021!

What this means is that we have a stable enough version of the next-gen 3DCoat and we encourage you to try it and give us your feedback about it.

Based on the results of the Beta Test and your feedback, we shall be able to decide on the best release date for 3DCoat 2021, but obviously, the intention is to launch it as soon as possible.

On behalf of the entire Pilgway team, we are deeply thankful for your understanding and support of 3DCoat. Your help allows us to make 3DCoat better, faster, and more efficient in catering to your art needs.  

Link to download (Win only currently, Mac&Linux a bit later):

https://pilgway.com/files/3dcoat/V4.9/3d-Coat-V2021-B44-64.exe

The feature list is here.

Important! Please, note, the current Beta version is not at the release state as yet and is provided for testing purposes only.    Please, use the Beta in trial mode only (your V4 serial keys would not apply). Therefore, the license upgrades to 3DCoat 2021 (along with the new serial keys) will become available simultaneously with the release of 3DCoat 2021. Please, keep an eye on further announcements with regards to the release date. We are doing whatever is within our power to make it happen very soon.

Changes after B39:

17.04.21 B44:

- If you will provide a normal map for the Smart Material the 3D-Coat will offer to convert it to the bump-map because materials require bump. This is a non-trivial operation, so it may take some time to convert for big maps.

- Draw with lines, spline chunk, curve segment, brush along curves work correctly.

- Generate moulds fixed for transformed objects

- Fixed problem when the user activates to the program by click and it triggers the random move.

- Style of color reference over the layer changed to be more convenient (rectangle instead of transparent bar)

- To Knife Added option Quadro.

9.04.21 B42:

- Voxel brushes updated, voxel brush engine introduces, similar to surface brush engine. Pay attention, VoxelEngine is subject to change, so we can't guarantee your presets related to the voxel engine will be preserved. Anyway, it is faster, more flexible. And very good point it offers real clay-like brushes for voxels.

- A lot, lot of bugfixes, including stability bugfixes, retopo/modeling...

- fixed RenderMan freezing at the start of render.

- Snapping corrected, was just not working at all.

- Fixed painting/sculpting along the curve.

2.04.21, B40:

- fixed common problem what many users were not able to run Coat.

- fixed lags in voxel brushes.

- If you will click and drag on any element of the free form transform (in pose or primitives) the annoying gizmo will not appear. Gizmo appears only if the element clicked without dragging.

- Spikes/snakes/muscle issue fixed

- fixed crash in gradient & fill

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

Do you want the feedback here or in the beta threads? BTW attempting to log in to access the license caused my AV to throw up this warning:

image.thumb.png.7d1cdb1f7e9e6062a98507b02c38b69f.png

CONGRATS!!!!!! Looks and feels AMAZING !!!!

For some reason I can't sign in with my account and password to unlock it? I know its correct bc I just tested it on the site. Is this intended?

same as Hdharris (so I started with trial to test a few basic things), I found two issues :

1 - Activate the "Use w/other tools" on Fill tool, then toggle brush tool and click somewhere = crash (reproduced several times)

2 - MultiScreen support issue Launch 3DCoat, then move window to another screen than the primary one, close 3DCoat and try to reopen it : it will launch on the last used screen, but if that screen wasn't the primary one, it freezes infinitely and you have to manually kill the process, unplug all screens, launch the app once more, plug back all screens and make sure 3DCoat stays on primary screen before ending your work session. Please note that this issue is "still there" and has probably nothing to do with the Beta itself

Else, new UI feels super nice (overall more fluid and smooth), on 2560*1440 text feels a bit big by default as usual but that's fair enough (I'm tired it's late in FR but I'm excited to test it a bit more ! I feel a lot of hard work & effort has been made to empower ergonomy, and it's always a pleasure to see new wise made & smart thought tools, it's somehow very inspiring =))

Cheers :3

• Like 1

I Get funky Offset when trying to use any tool I suspect it something to do with multiple monitors / wintab  because I had previous version working fine amd picked up second display today

Edited by Scary M

I'm getting a similar offset issue.  It's a problem in sculpt room, both in terms of where the brush gets drawn and also it affects the sculpt.  In the paint room, it doesn't affect painting but I do see an offset of the brush even the the strokes are landing where intended.

dear Pilgway team.

Thank you for your continuous hard work.

I appreciate you to release 2021.  I' m happy.

to be honest, many bug and complaint remain yet. but There are good points more than those.

thank you very much . have a good day.:yahoo:

• Thanks 1

Having the "not recognizing my login" issue.

Awesome, glad to see 2021 here. Sounds like a few bugs already found so will wait for the next patch before I try and jump in myself.

Edited by Mystical

So far I'm loving the interface. It's possible that I'm not using it properly - but the new snake tool only seems to work for me it I check "On Plane", otherwise only the first brush stroke draws anything until I switch SculptTree layers. If I turn on "On Plane' it seems to work as expected.

I have to say the amount of additions is mind  boggling.   This is a humongous update. Far far beyond what I anticipated.  It's going to be a lot to try and absorb.

The login and password will not work because no one has a license till release. Please use a Free trial for now.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Awesome! So happy to hear this! I'll get it up and working ASAP and give you as much feedback as I can! :D

Keep up the great work guys!

Please tell me we now have a Topological brush setting, and that I am just to stupid to find it!

Crash within the first 30 sec: (Edit: Not really a crash but unresponsiveness for a while)

Vox clay and extrude are unusable too with lag but build brush turns 3d coat unresponsive right away and takes a while to recover.

Works with the small base sphere only, lags unusably with the big sphere, unresponsive with the humanoid base mesh (not the mannequin).

Edit: Tested v68 both DX and GL same brushes work fine with the same base mesh. Similar lag starts after res+ to over 7 mil.

Edited by Koray
Further testing

Thanks for great software! Really looking forward to this version!
Minor thing, work-around-able, but a bit strange - Seeing a weird import issue - seems to only happen on an initial import if I use "Perform Retopology" > "Import huge reference mesh" option...importing .fbx, the mesh is added with strange holes/flipped faces...  the particular mesh is triangles. If I don't go through the initial import workflow and just go to the sculpt room, make a surface layer, import, it seems fine... I tried the same mesh  out in 4.9 and the "huge reference mesh" option imported fine as well...

3dcImportBug.jpg