This new brush engine lets you modify controls for the sculpting tools.
Build new brushes or modify existing ones fine tuning to fit your needs.
New buildup mechanism for sculpt brush Engine:
– Now, buildup and non-buildup brushes act the same; the difference starts when you will stroke the same place many times.
– Non-buildup reaches some height limit; buildup grows infinitely (but slowly) if the modifier allows.
– The voxel color is applied to many tools: Blob, spike, snake, muscle, primitives, etc.
– You may now sculpt and paint simultaneously with all Voxel Brush engine-based brushes.
– All surface brushes based on Brush Engine got new parameter – the influence area customization. It is important to limit the brush influence in tight areas.
There are a wide variety of brushes, each with a unique property.
To access Tool options, you need to click Edit brush parameters.
Only available on Voxel Mode you can find this options:
– Voxel Paint: You may now sculpt and paint simultaneously with all Voxel Brush Engine-based brushes.
– Act as Vox Hide: any Voxel Brush Engine brush may be used as the Vox hide brush; just enable the very visible option in the brush.
– Modify Connected:
Tool Options Menus
– Subdivision: This option is not supported if Modify connected is enabled. Uncheck “Modify connected”.
– Brush Stroke: How sculpted stroke is applied.
– Misc Settings: Principally new buildup mechanism for Clay Engine. Now buildup and non-buildup brushes act the same; the difference starts when you will stroke the same place many times. Non-buildup reaches some height limit; buildup grows infinitely (but slowly) if the modifier allows.
– Sampling: How stroke position is applied.
– Modifiers: let you build your brushes.
Smooth (surface) brush mode: The voxel brush works similarly to surface brushes in this mode.
Smudge: Pull the surface along the trajectory.
Pinch: Pull all vertices toward the center of the brush.
Rotate: Rotate the surface under the brush.
Angulator: The Angulator picks two points – one on the left and one on the right side of the brush. Then it builds two planes from that point and snaps the surface to the closest plane. Also, it adds a little pinch to underestimate the sharpness of the angle.
Alphas: The Alpha controls the shape of the brush. Alpha is a grayscale intensity map.
Add Brush Modifier: there are two selection methods, use what already exists in the alpha library or procedurally create new ones using the curve editor.
Switch on “Use current alpha” to access the library of alphas (T hotkey).
Switch off to use new procedural alphas.